[Q] How to unlock LTE bands,so my Nexus 5 can be used in China Mobile's 4G TD-LTE

Search This thread

doraemon616

Jun 22, 2013
[Q] How to unlock LTE bands,so my Nexus 5 can be used in China Mobile's 4G TD-LTE

Help, I'm using Nexus 5 Field Test Mode to unlock BAND 41 can not enable China Mobile 4G TD-LTE, 3G TD-SCDMA! How to unlock LTE bands, so my Nexus 5 can be used in China Mobile's 4G TD-LTE, 3G TD-SCDMA! That gives tutorials and address!
求助,我使用Nexus 5 Field Test Mode 解开BAND 41无法启用中国移动4G TD-LTE,3G TD-SCDMA!如何才能解开LTE频段,让我的Nexus 5可以在使用中国移动的4G TD-LTE,3G TD-SCDMA!知道的给出教程和地址!

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
Help, I'm using Nexus 5 Field Test Mode to unlock BAND 41 can not enable China Mobile 4G TD-LTE, 3G TD-SCDMA! How to unlock LTE bands, so my Nexus 5 can be used in China Mobile's 4G TD-LTE, 3G TD-SCDMA! That gives tutorials and address!
求助,我使用Nexus 5 Field Test Mode 解开BAND 41无法启用中国移动4G TD-LTE,3G TD-SCDMA!如何才能解开LTE频段,让我的Nexus 5可以在使用中国移动的4G TD-LTE,3G TD-SCDMA!知道的给出教程和地址!

There is no unlocking that is need to be done
as the Device is already Unlocked at the LTE band 41

However there are two versions of the Nexus 5 the North American and one for the rest of the world

North America:
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41

Rest of World:
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8
LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/20

Please make sure you do indeed have the North American version d280 and not the d281
if you do have the North American version try adding/checking your mobile operators APN settings if that does not work i suggest try to get a new Sim card

doraemon616

Jun 22, 2013
My phone is the U.S. version of LG-D820, I have replaced the China Mobile 4G SIM card, also opened a 4G package, but still only use 2G networks

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Taken that straight from google http://www.google.com/nexus/5/
click tech specs

In which case, either

1) Google are wrong - The WRT1605L packaged within the 8974 for the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 is capable of only 7 LTE bands. This is teh first chip that can do this.

2) Google are not being clear with their specs and perhaps omitting that a few carrier released versions are programmed differently.

Edit > Here is a D820 box, with 7 LTE bands listed on it:

https://05526033536925262031.google...H7cDB2vVjUU4ggfe-2h7GKBV2WwqqStrrrKzoMttwm-eA

Last edited:

n5laowai

Jan 8, 2014
N5 North America use with China Mobile 4g

Just picked up a China Mobile 4g card and like the user above am only able to use the edge service. They told me that I had to buy a phone form them to use the 4G service. Will be going back with somebody who speaks better Chinese eventually though.

dr2001

Nov 12, 2013

Just go to Chinese forums of Nexus 5, there are plenty of discussion of it.

Due to
1. China Mobile have 3 bands (39/40/41, 41 is super set of 38) been allocated, and Nexus 5 supports only band 41, for LTE-TDD.
So, first of all, you MUST MAKE SURE China Mobile is USING band 41 to provide LTE-TDD where you have your tests.

2. Nexus 5 does not support TD-SCDMA, and it seems do not support FR-CSFB. (or China Mobile did not support it yet.)
So, N5 can not go to LTE automatically through the route: 2G (GSM) -> 3G (TDSCDMA) -> 4G(LTE-TDD).
You MUST using *#*#4636#*#*, select "LTE Only" to force it connect to LTE, and then using "LTE/GSM auto (PRL)" to enable it using CSFB for incoming/outgoing voice service.

Ensure you have 4G USIM card and enabled 4G service using SMS.

wideawakenow

Feb 7, 2011
4G in mainland China

I live in China and am in the market for a new phone. My HTC Desire HD is getting rather cranky in its old age.

Investigating 4G here, I've found that the mainland uses its own band, which no other country uses. Everything I've read about it says that even if you buy a phone in Hong Kong, its 4G won't work here. Now, I have seen some phones advertised on HK websites that say they can use both HK and mainland 4G, but I haven't been able to confirm that on any manufacturer sites. Not to mention, they were substantially more expensive.

Luckily there are some Chinese brands that are really improving their wares. The Huawei Ascend Mate 7 is one, and the XiaoMi Mi4 is another. I'm still wary of buying one though, mostly because, while it will have English, everything on it will be set up for Chinese consumers.

I'll keep looking into it because ideally, I'd really like to have a Nexus 6, or Droid Turbo with 4G that works here.

closedcircuit

Jan 25, 2012
I live in China and am in the market for a new phone. My HTC Desire HD is getting rather cranky in its old age.

Investigating 4G here, I've found that the mainland uses its own band, which no other country uses. Everything I've read about it says that even if you buy a phone in Hong Kong, its 4G won't work here. Now, I have seen some phones advertised on HK websites that say they can use both HK and mainland 4G, but I haven't been able to confirm that on any manufacturer sites. Not to mention, they were substantially more expensive.

Luckily there are some Chinese brands that are really improving their wares. The Huawei Ascend Mate 7 is one, and the XiaoMi Mi4 is another. I'm still wary of buying one though, mostly because, while it will have English, everything on it will be set up for Chinese consumers.

I'll keep looking into it because ideally, I'd really like to have a Nexus 6, or Droid Turbo with 4G that works here.

I'm not sure if the Nexus 5's chipset has bands that are compatible with the Chinese 4G standard TD-LTE (LTE TDD), this thread that talks about adding different bands not originally setup on the N5. Another LINK that may help that discusses the N5 on Chinese 4G networks you may need Google Translate.

wideawakenow

Feb 7, 2011
I'm not sure if the Nexus 5's chipset has bands that are compatible with the Chinese 4G standard TD-LTE (LTE TDD), this thread that talks about adding different bands not originally setup on the N5. Another LINK that may help that discusses the N5 on Chinese 4G networks you may need Google Translate.

I'm looking to get the Nexus 6, not the Nexus 5.

The Nexus 6 has a US version and an international version. From what I've found online, the international version will actually be able to use the Chinese mainland LTE bands! I'm quite happy about that!

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK

The Nexus 6 has a US version and an international version. From what I've found online, the international version will actually be able to use the Chinese mainland LTE bands! I'm quite happy about that!
We this is the nexus 5 forum. The nexus 6 has a different SoC so nothing here can be assumed as valid for you.

Reactions: wideawakenow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

We this is the nexus 5 forum. The nexus 6 has a different SoC so nothing here can be assumed as valid for you.