Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Do any ROMs, stock or otherwise, support HSP or HFP? Here is the usage case;

Phone > Z Ultra GPe w/ no SIM > Audio
(Z Ultra acts as BT Speakerphone)

This is technically possible as I've done it with a Nexus 7 and a ROM that supported HSP/HFP.

(posted this in the wrong section, should be in Q&A. Sorry, have not had my coffee today)

pTeronaut

May 28, 2012
Lafayette, IN
Do any ROMs, stock or otherwise, support HSP or HFP? Here is the usage case;

Phone > Z Ultra GPe w/ no SIM > Audio
(Z Ultra acts as BT Speakerphone)

This is technically possible as I've done it with a Nexus 7 and a ROM that supported HSP/HFP.

(posted this in the wrong section, should be in Q&A. Sorry, have not had my coffee today)
I cannot answer your question, but I'm not sure why you would want to use the XZU for this purpose as it doesn't have the loudest of external speakers.

dimex

Nov 28, 2012
But it does fit perfectly in a 2DIN opening.

Hey man, someone sent me this thread because I'm thinking of doing something similar. In my FJ Cruiser I had a Nexus 7 installed which routed to a Single DIN radio behind it (which was hidden so you could only see the N7). I realize you were wondering about BT audio. I suggest going the route of ZU to Single DIN which has hands free calling capabilities. You can BT to the Single DIN and then you don't have to worry about speaking loud into the ZU because the radios come with an external mic. You can use the Tablet Talk app which gives you dialer interface on the ZU and ability to answer calls and read/send texts.

Reason why I'm thinking about going ZU in the dash is because I just bought a '99 Cherokee XJ that uses the stupid 1.5 DIN size. People fit DDINs but it involves cutting into the duct system which I don't want to do. The ZU seems like a good alternative, with just a little sacrifice in size. Only thing that's holding me back right now is the power. On the N7 I used the "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0" command so the tablet powered up when it received ignition power. I would then have Tasker shut the tablet down after 30 seconds without power. I didn't use Timur's kernel, that method worked perfect for me.

Did you end up installing the ZU? Could you test the "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0" command for me to see if it works. Other option would be externalizing the power button but I'm no good with pulling apart electronics and soldering stuff.

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Hey man, someone sent me this thread because I'm thinking of doing something similar. In my FJ Cruiser I had a Nexus 7 installed which routed to a Single DIN radio behind it (which was hidden so you could only see the N7). I realize you were wondering about BT audio. I suggest going the route of ZU to Single DIN which has hands free calling capabilities. You can BT to the Single DIN and then you don't have to worry about speaking loud into the ZU because the radios come with an external mic. You can use the Tablet Talk app which gives you dialer interface on the ZU and ability to answer calls and read/send texts.

Reason why I'm thinking about going ZU in the dash is because I just bought a '99 Cherokee XJ that uses the stupid 1.5 DIN size. People fit DDINs but it involves cutting into the duct system which I don't want to do. The ZU seems like a good alternative, with just a little sacrifice in size. Only thing that's holding me back right now is the power. On the N7 I used the "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0" command so the tablet powered up when it received ignition power. I would then have Tasker shut the tablet down after 30 seconds without power. I didn't use Timur's kernel, that method worked perfect for me.

Did you end up installing the ZU? Could you test the "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0" command for me to see if it works. Other option would be externalizing the power button but I'm no good with pulling apart electronics and soldering stuff.

I'm am getting rid of my Zu. Without being able to get HSP or HFP working it was a useless purchase as the Zu is nothing more than a secondary larger display for my standalone smartwatch. So I'm right back to where I was four years ago, multiple devices to accomplish the task that one could if only HSP or HFP was supported.

dimex

Nov 28, 2012
I'm am getting rid of my Zu. Without being able to get HSP or HFP working it was a useless purchase as the Zu is nothing more than a secondary larger display for my standalone smartwatch. So I'm right back to where I was four years ago, multiple devices to accomplish the task that one could if only HSP or HFP was supported.

You familiar with adb/fastboot? I'd consider buying your ZU from you and making it easy on you if you could test something out for me. I had a ZU and just sold it yesterday and now realize I could possibly still use it.