[ROM] // NexusMod 7 // Slim • Fast • Endurance (7/9)

Search This thread

maxelid

Nov 19, 2008
KIEV
I live in Ukraine. As SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 is not sold in Ukraine (and I've bought it via ebay) all firmware is in English language only. Could you please consider the possibility of adding Russian language into the next ROM(NexusMod 4.x). I like your firmware so I hope Russian language will be localized within the next firmwares(NexusMod 4.x).

R4INS

Jan 18, 2012
That...comes later. I have to rebuild it from scratch, on the UCKJ2 Base. So might as well work on what I have since I kinda like UCLA3 TO AN EXTENT YOU F***ING PEICE OF SH– BASE. No I really do...

But it will come, soon, young padawan.

Sent from my Skyrocket Running NexusMod 4.1b

You should see my uckj2 rom. Pure epic. Missing the status bar and lost the apn's. Its a thing of.... beauty?...

tinfoil

Sep 19, 2007
Woodstock
Loving this rom! I've been waiting for a while to do anything with my 727, playing instead with my Nexus S. But after frustrating battery life, I flashed this phone as well. So well done!

One (of many) complaints I had about the stock rom is that it would make a sound every time you plug it in as well as a sound when it is fully charged. As I am on call 24-7, I keep the phone on the night stand. I'd love it if these "features" could be disabled. Is this possible on this ROM or is it something I am stuck with?

Reactions: cousinit99

cousinit99

Oct 10, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Open
Loving this rom! I've been waiting for a while to do anything with my 727, playing instead with my Nexus S. But after frustrating battery life, I flashed this phone as well. So well done!

One (of many) complaints I had about the stock rom is that it would make a sound every time you plug it in as well as a sound when it is fully charged. As I am on call 24-7, I keep the phone on the night stand. I'd love it if these "features" could be disabled. Is this possible on this ROM or is it something I am stuck with?

I accidentally hit the Thanks button on your post. haha Guess that one's a freebie.

But anyhow, I had the same issue. Fortunately, it's pretty easy to turn off. You need a root directory browser app (ES File Explorer, Root Explorer, etc.). Browse to "/system/media/audio/ui/" and look for "TW_Battery_caution.ogg". Either delete or rename this file, and presto! No more sound on usb connection..

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

I live in Ukraine. As SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 is not sold in Ukraine (and I've bought it via ebay) all firmware is in English language only. Could you please consider the possibility of adding Russian language into the next ROM(NexusMod 4.x). I like your firmware so I hope Russian language will be localized within the next firmwares(NexusMod 4.x).

How interesting.. If you hadn't said that you're Ukranian, I would never have known. :D Your English composition skills are as good or better than half of the natural-born Americans I know. Молодці

tinfoil

Sep 19, 2007
Woodstock
I accidentally hit the Thanks button on your post. haha Guess that one's a freebie.

But anyhow, I had the same issue. Fortunately, it's pretty easy to turn off. You need a root directory browser app (ES File Explorer, Root Explorer, etc.). Browse to "/system/media/audio/ui/" and look for "TW_Battery_caution.ogg". Either delete or rename this file, and presto! No more sound on usb connection..

Niiice, you broke my 'Thanks' cherry heh.

Are you sure on that? I've renamed the file using ES File Explorer (even tried rebooting the phone, verified the file wasn't recreated or some such. I went through the directory and haven't found a file containing that sound yet.
----
Scratch that. Found the file, it's cleverly hidden under the name Charger_Connection.ogg. Those sly, sly engineers!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Last edited:
Reactions: plwalsh88

cousinit99

Oct 10, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Open
Niiice, you broke my 'Thanks' cherry heh.

Are you sure on that? I've renamed the file using ES File Explorer (even tried rebooting the phone, verified the file wasn't recreated or some such. I went through the directory and haven't found a file containing that sound yet.
----
Scratch that. Found the file, it's cleverly hidden under the name Charger_Connection.ogg. Those sly, sly engineers!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Crap. I forgot that I had another file renamed in that same folder. "TW_Battery_caution.ogg" is one of them, and "Charger_connection.ogg" is the other. "TW_Battery_caution.ogg" plays whenever the low battery warning is displayed or when the battery's done charging and hits 100%.

I meant to say "Charger_connection.ogg". Long day..

maxelid

Nov 19, 2008
KIEV

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

How interesting.. If you hadn't said that you're Ukranian, I would never have known. :D Your English composition skills are as good or better than half of the natural-born Americans I know. Молодці
Это я попросил, жену, она у меня лингвист, сам умею переводить со словарем, ну и технический немного знаю.
Translated
This, I asked my wife, I have it a linguist, he know how to translate with a dictionary, and of the technical know.:)

dma770

Nov 21, 2011
NYC
Hey Mod, will you be working on an aosp for ics leak? using it now, seems pretty stable.
Just a question, no flaming please.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

// NexusMod 7 //
    [Gingerbread 2.3.6 UCLA3]

Features

-AT&T Gingerbread UCLA3 2.3.6
    -NO MORE CIQ!
    -Debloated
    -Deodexed
    -Zipaligned
    -ICS Roboto Fonts
    -No Vibrate Icon in Status Bar
    -ICS Transitions (Really Cool)
    -Battery life is very attractive
    -NexusMod Wallpapers in wallpaper chooser
    -14 Toggle Mod
    -Scrolling Cache Tweaks (Faster Scrolling, overall smoother performance)
    -No Ads (Host File)
    -CRT Off
    -Extended Power Menu
    -BLN Supported
    -New Lockscreen
    -WiFi Tethering
    -Init.d tweaks (Thank you melvin)
    -Ability to change from (GSM/HSPA/LTE) to (GSM/HSPA)
    -Custom Samsung Messaging from UnNamed ROM (Thank you gtg465x)
    -AOSP/CM7 like Status Bar w/ Transparent background
    -ICS Emoticons
    -ICS Ringtones
    -AOSP Stock Launcher w/ Speed Tweaks
    -AOSP Gingerbread Keyboard
    -AOSP Status Bar icons
    -AOSP Menu popups
    -AOSP icons
    -AOSP Framework
    -AOSP Overscroll and Menu Selections
    -Overscroll Glow in Browser replaced by Overscroll Bounce
    -AOSP H+ and 4G icons now display data correctly
    -AOSP Desk Clock/Alarm Clock/Analog Clock
    -AOSP Calculator
    -ICS Boot Animation
    -CM7 Wallpapers
    -Kernel: AT&T Stock-ish 0.3 BLN/USB-OTG/NFS/FUSE/init.d (thank you romracer)​

Screenshots

52770793.png
    78413964.png
    31611394.png
    18275598.png
    11656907.png
    24791307.png
    63576545.png
    31016645.png

Live Wallpapers/Included Apps

LWP
    -Nexus S LWP
    -Microbes LWP
    -Nexus One LWP
    -Moded Nexus S LWP (Thanks jhdreamer aka )
    -Pixel Rain LWP

Apps
    -Quick Settings (Tip: Hold Search)
    -Titanium Backup Trial
    -Rom Manager​
    Like my ROM? Hit thanks! It takes great dedication and effort to create NexusMod, and a simple thanks can show that you appreciate what I do ;)
    // Downloads //

NexusMod GB

Build 4 Rev. 3/SP1

NOTE: All NexusMod GB and StockMod GB builds are non wipe and intercompatible unless specified.

// Installation Instructions //

1) Download
    2) Boot into Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Volume Down + Power. Hold until first Samsung logo disappears.)
    3) Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    4) Go to "Advanced"
    5) "Wipe Dalvic Cache"
    6) Go back home
    7) Go to "Mounts and Storage"
    8) Format /System
    9) Go back home
    10) Install ROM from SD Card
    11) Reboot
    12) Let sit for about a minute after it boots
    13) Enjoy​
    This isn't..over..ugh...yeeeeeeetttt

No really there's gonna be another update soon :p
    "Dear MzeroD1441, WTF is the difference between the AT&T UI and the AOSP UI?...and now Collab UI srsly wtf M0D"​

/// First: AT&T UI on HSPA /// Second: Nexus UI on HSPA /// Third: Collab UI on HSPA /// Fourth: AT&T UI on LTE /// Fifth: Nexus UI on LTE /// Sixth: Collab UI on LTE ///
    Again...only difference is in status bar data/signal icons, why did i have to reupload a ROM just for a systemUI.apk change? FUG DA POLICE
    sc20120307004018.png
    sc20120307003623.png
    sc20120307003213.png
    sc20120307004042.png
    sc20120307003557.png
    sc20120307003125.png

// Special Thanks //

I'd like to give special thanks to the following people. Without them this ROM wouldn't have been possible.

romracer
    theHOTNESS
    Will add more as soon as i get time

And Also

trich
    doniqcc

For inspiring me to create ROMS back when i had a T989
    I took the best from trich's "Bombarider" and doniqcc's "Eaglesblood" and made them into a primitive form of NexusMod.
    // Donation Hall of Fame //

michaelgaribaldi
    gonzalezwill28
    whodat006
    skrambled
    mjriehl
    mrro82
    lyndone58
    eyedoctor
    birnbad1
    occupational_hazard
    Dharkk
    Asian Stuff Inc.
    cwebb619
    marvin02
    IronManDS
    minderbinder106
    Badr
    plwalsh88
    shoobiedoobiiwhompwop

rainsq.png

By popular request, I have added a donation button
    As i make ROMS for my own pleasure, I do not dare ask for them, but any donation is greatly appreciated :D

░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄
    ░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█
    ...░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█
    ░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█
    █▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█
    You guys crack me up. Using 2 CPU apps, flashing weird stuff from different roms. Haha, funny stuff.

LOL, there's three types of people on these forums.

Smart users
    Advanced users
    and last and least
    Noobs (jkay haha)

Smart people stick with this ROM because they know its mature and stable and don't complain

Advanced users have jumped ship to the ICS leak since they want a different type dessert, eh some complaining but there is a bunch of bugs

Noobs..well noobs..they pounce around like crazy, post in the wrong section, ask for eta's and don't even hit the thanks button.

I don't mind either of the 3 types but all I want to say its hard work to keep up with highschool, a lady friend, homework, projects, stress and excessive worry AND my ROM(s)...its hard work...I mean 1300+ DL for nexusmod ice beta and only 150 or so thanks?.......makes me wonder

Sent via flare