Gpe conversion

Search This thread

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Has anyone done it?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

If you mean custom ROMs based on the GPE firmwares, yes. There are anywhere from just simply rooted/stock GPE ROMs to fairly pimped out and customized/customizable GPE ROMs.

If, however, you mean fully converted... bootloader, modems, 100% stock recovery and able to receive OTA updates... no.

PunishedSnake

Apr 12, 2014
Fresno
If you mean custom ROMs based on the GPE firmwares, yes. There are anywhere from just simply rooted/stock GPE ROMs to fairly pimped out and customized/customizable GPE ROMs.

If, however, you mean fully converted... bootloader, modems, 100% stock recovery and able to receive OTA updates... no.

Full conversion like the htc one not possible?

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Full conversion like the htc one not possible?

I want to say someone successfully flashed the GPE stock recovery; but that was quite a while ago that I saw that posted. I don't remember how far along they were able to get as far as the actual conversion. I don't honestly understand the big deal of the whole thing other than just to be able to say you did it. Running the custom GPE ROMs is just as good; and if desired, one could perform an unroot and have the phone nearly identical to a 'fresh off the shelf' 9505g...

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Recovery and system you can. Everything else (bootloader, modems, etc) will fail. Bootloaders on these phones do a check and reject anything not specifically meant for it model wise exceppt for recovery and system for somereason. I tried out of boredom to convert to an i9505 and didnt work out so well. I got the modems to flash tho which ended in absolutely no service.