Note 3 - S Pen not registering bottom right corner

Note 3 S-Pen circle showing when hovering in lower right corner?

• Total voters
Search This thread

msflsim

Aug 14, 2010
Hi all, I want to check something with you.

On my N3 the S-pen as well as the little blue circle do not appear in the lower right corner. Its a very small area but nevertheless it does not register.

Note 2 users have had the same issue, see THIS thread.

Can you check on yours so that I can rule out a faulty N3?

Thanks!

MohJee

Nov 3, 2012
Same thing here. Though I can still scribble in that area in sketch pro.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

msflsim

Aug 14, 2010
That's a shame really. Doesn't affect it really but it would be nice if there was an option to calibrate the pen.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Snanf

Dec 9, 2011
Lyon
Hello !

I got the same issue (if it's one...).

Envoyé depuis mon Snanfoïde n7000

Dahdoul

Sep 7, 2013
Same here but i dont think this is hardware issue.to double check go to dial and type *#0*# then go to Spen hover.

DonDzibudon

Oct 26, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am having the same issue. I noticed it today when I played a bit with the Microsoft Remote Desktop in the landscape mode. The X button to close a window is at the exact spot. I was I bit annoyed that I couldn't close a window with the s-pen, but I could with a finger. So I checked in the test menu and I saw the problem there.

I was thinking of returning the phone as I also have the multi-touch problems experienced by multiple users of this forum. I will probably contact the Samsung support to check what they have to say about those issues. I really like the phone and those might be minor issues, but they can be quite annoying if you have an expensive phone like Note 3. I will check in the local shops if the phones there also have the issues.

EDIT: I have attached an image of the s-pen test menu. Don't mind the pink tint, as I used a crappy phone camera. You can see that the s-pen isn't detected in the lower right area. In my case, there here is also a small area in the lower left corner.

EDIT 2: I have spoken with Samsung support. They have told me that the inability to use this area with the s-pen is due to a design constraint. I have also asked about the multi-touch problems and they have told me that it is not intended to use more than two fingers.

Greetings and have a nice day.

Attachments

• note3_spen_hovering_test.jpg
    note3_spen_hovering_test.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

Beowulf_pt

Jul 29, 2010
Lisbon
I'm going to unbury this thread as I've noticed that my Note 3 (bought at 10 March 2014, so probably a recent built) takes considerably more pressure to activate the digitizer on the bottom right, pretty much above the speaker.

This is noticeable for instance on the . key on the Samsung keyboard. Apply the same light pressure as on other keys and nothing happens. Push it harder and it triggers. This becomes quite annoying while typing with the pen, especially for people coming from the N2.

If you like to use your fingers you'll be OK. No difference at all.