[Q] Vibrate making strange clicking sound?

Search This thread

Fracco

Aug 7, 2014
When pressing keys especially I have recently noticed a weird clicking noise coming from the top of the phone. I am really getting worried about this phone because I pretty much get all OCD when it comes to tech especially mobile phones. This is supposed to be the best phone of 2014 yet both my power and volume rockers are quite loose and this issue with the vibration noise now ... It would be reassuring to know that other people have this same thing and its not just a faulty device... Also just 1 more thing, I have my m8 in a hard protective case and I dropped it onto cement 1m (3ft) below me.. no external damage at all but I'm wondering whether there could be internal damage? Thanks for any replies :good:

exocetdj

When pressing keys especially I have recently noticed a weird clicking noise coming from the top of the phone. I am really getting worried about this phone because I pretty much get all OCD when it comes to tech especially mobile phones. This is supposed to be the best phone of 2014 yet both my power and volume rockers are quite loose and this issue with the vibration noise now ... It would be reassuring to know that other people have this same thing and its not just a faulty device... Also just 1 more thing, I have my m8 in a hard protective case and I dropped it onto cement 1m (3ft) below me.. no external damage at all but I'm wondering whether there could be internal damage? Thanks for any replies :good:

sounds like this may be the case, have u insurance? may be worth making a claim?

n1234d

Aug 18, 2013
Mumbai
Google Pixel 6a

The vibrator is held in place in the housing with the help of adhesive. The shock must've dislodged the vibrator, causing the clicking sounds.. I'd say get it replaced/repaired asap, before the vibrator hits anything and gets damaged. I might be wrong, but you're gonna have to send it in anyways so :p

Fracco

Aug 7, 2014
Is it worth return?

Are you sure it's worth returning ? It's nothing major, I can only hear it when there is complete silence in the room. The phone was in a case and it didn't fall far so I don't think that would be the reason but still. If I did want to return it though,how long would that take ? I'm in Australia btw and bought it online.

Fracco

Aug 7, 2014
Sure?

The vibrator is held in place in the housing with the help of adhesive. The shock must've dislodged the vibrator, causing the clicking sounds.. I'd say get it replaced/repaired asap, before the vibrator hits anything and gets damaged. I might be wrong, but you're gonna have to send it in anyways so :p

Are you sure it's worth returning ? It's nothing major, I can only hear it when there is complete silence in the room. The phone was in a case and it didn't fall far so I don't think that would be the reason but still. If I did want to return it though,how long would that take ? I'm in Australia btw and bought it online.

n1234d

Aug 18, 2013
Mumbai
Google Pixel 6a

I'm not sure about your return policy, but why not return it? If you can now, and somewhere down the line, if it gets worse, and if you don't have the option to return then, you'll be kicking yourself..

Reactions: Fracco

JellyTooth

Jul 20, 2013
Alexandria
same here !!

i have the same issue , its as if there is something loose inside the phone body which crackles whenever the phone vibrates :/

jshamlet

Aug 25, 2014
It's not broken, it's a feature. Really.

Look in Settings -> Sounds -> System. Untick "Touch Sounds". That should fix it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm not sure about your return policy, but why not return it? If you can now, and somewhere down the line, if it gets worse, and if you don't have the option to return then, you'll be kicking yourself..