Sense 5 Speculation, News, Discussion Thread - All Others will Be Locked

Search This thread

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Sense 5 Speculation/News/Discussion Thread

To prevent the forum getting clogged up with "Sense 5" threads, i have created this to centralize all. Please only post Sense 5 related stuff here, ignoring this could be taken as failure to cooperate with a moderator.​

Last edited:

ICWS

Jan 9, 2009
AW: HTC Sense 5.0 rumours?

I'm quite certain as soon as the sense 5 build leaks our devs here will do a port. :thumbup: But I think that our One S won't get official sense 5 by HTC. Maybe one with less features...

PUTALE

Jul 12, 2009
based on how long it took htc/tmobile to release jelly bean. I doubt we will ever see sense 5.0. the best we can bet is having a developer to release it.

slainbybeats

Aug 6, 2012

I think we will get it. Our phone is just like 1 year old, there should be at least 1 update for us with sense 5. Would also be a nice move from HTC towards customers.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Will972

Feb 17, 2011
paris
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Re: HTC Sense 5.0 rumours?

Loool maybe ends of this year .. naahh come one our best hope is a port from the new 4.3 inch device from htc ;)

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Premium App

Closed Source Project

Mar 31, 2012
The Windy City, Chicago, Illinois
I'm almost sure HTC will release this for the One series devices. Soo many people use the X, XL, S, and V and are locked into contracts.

I also see no reason why they would not roll out an update. Our device is perfectly spec'ed still (even though Sense is a complete resource hog and drain) and we have plenty of room on NAND to support it. We just will have to wait about 7.6 years for HTC's slow arse (screw t-mo) to finally release it...

layoup

Dec 30, 2012
Paris
Our device is perfectly spec'ed still (even though Sense is a complete resource hog and drain) and we have plenty of room on NAND to support it. We just will have to wait about 7.6 years for HTC's slow arse (screw t-mo) to finally release it...

Before an HTC One S I had an HTC Sensation which have an hardware enough powefull to have jellybeans and Sense 4+ but HTC decide to not upgrade this device. So with the new handsets I think that HTC don't upgrade the "old" One phones

PUTALE

Jul 12, 2009
Based on this One S Ville is in a good situation though. Take a look at the pace of updating One S VilleC2 :D

Anyway, I hope that even if we get this, the BlinkFeed will not be there..

HTC can easily said that since the phone only has 1gb of ram, it will not get it or have a slim down Sense like what they did with the older phones before One. It would be a huge mistake in my opinion either way. HTC really needs to step up and support the One series more. I feel that it gives current owner a reason to continue to purchase and recommend their products.While I realize some of the camera features may not work on the current device due to potentially lack of the needed hardware, it would still be nice if HTC will try to bring a much of the new features to older phones to finally hae a unified One series.

slainbybeats

Aug 6, 2012

With the release of the one series they told that they want to support their phones way better again.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

NQNH

Sep 15, 2011
Hamburg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    F**k you HTC ! :mad:
    @LlabTooFeR, a reliable leaker has stated the One S will be getting Android 4.2.2 with Sense 5.

Hooray!

e7egy5eg.jpg

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    Maybe if we all sent HTC messages like these...

Thought I'd send my very own complaint. This is what went to HTC Global

After using my HTC One C2 for nearly 10 months I have concluded that HTC have something good here. I was able to update to 4.1 Jelly Bean and much of my issues were solved. Then the bad news came...

Apparently there will be no more updates, for whatever reason. A phone only a year and a half old will no longer receive updates. I have looked everywhere for reasons and I find myself utterly and completely disappointed. Apparently, the very Snapdragon S3 I complained about so much after I bought this phone is the reason there will be no more updates. Do you know what this means? It means all the promises HTC made that there is no difference between the S3 and S4 versions has been rubbished.
    My disappointment is absolute. I have looked far wide for alternatives, and in the process I have discovered several THOUSAND people around the world who purchased the One S, several thousand that will never buy another HTC phone, no matter how good the phone is supposed to be. Why? Because support is terrible. Why save for months to buy a phone that will not be supported for more than a few months? If I had known it would be like this I never would have bought any HTC phone. Money doesn't grow on trees. It takes time and effort to put together the cash to buy a phone. 9 months after I may have to buy another phone just to stay technologically relevant. How can I be convinced to buy another HTC phone? Unless an update materializes for the one I currently use, then I cannot be convinced that the new one will not suffer the same fate. That means I will not buy another HTC phone. Motorola is starting to look good right now, or Xiaomi. Even Tecno (they may not update but they're cheap and easy to replace).

I suggest you forward this message to senior management, if you can. It is important not to forget the consumer when making and selling products. If the product cannot be trusted to withstand the test of time then it will not sell, no matter how good it is. The new HTC ONE looks looks beautiful and I love it, but I won't buy it. I loved the One S the same way last year. I saved for 5 months to buy it. And the disappointments outweigh the joys of having the phone. This is why HTC is losing money. New people are buying HTC phones, but old users are leaving in disappointment faster. Many of us bought the One S for its unique nature, and find ourselves shoved aside without any thought. After being decieved into buying a Snapdragon S3 One S, not getting at least a 4.2 Jelly Bean update and Sense 5 is too much to take. The Samsung Galaxy S3 came out about the same time and is likely to receive even 4.4 Kit Kat. And you wonder why HTC is losing money?

I want to use this opportunity to inform HTC that if the One S does not receive a 4.2 update very soon, I will not buy another HTC phone, ever. I will not sink my hard earned money into a phone that will become a toy in a year. And I speak for thousands of HTC phone users around the world. I currently have nine different people who want to buy my phone off me because of all the good things I had to say about it and I will be doing just that as soon as I can put together money for another, before the value of this one disappears. I can't praise a phone I no longer have faith in.

Do me a favour. Show me that HTC bothered to read this by sending me a proper reply, not an automated one. And don't send apologies. If there is no good news, don't reply at all.

Thank you...
    I've read in german forums that the HTC One S/X/X+ will get updates in the next months which will including:

- Blink Feed
    - Additional camera features
    - Zoe (full automatic video editor)
    - and hopefully more?

the article also says that the update will NOT include all features of Sense 5.

for the german folks:
    http://www.techstage.de/news/HTC-Sense-5-BlinkFeed-und-Zoe-Update-fuer-aeltere-Android-Phones-1806391.html

for the english people:
    sry, I don't find a link with the same content
    Yeah baby! Lets rock n roll! :) <3

uploadfromtaptalk1371038144749.jpg

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2