[APP] Google Wallet v2.0 R151-v8 (TW 4.3 and AOSP NFC Devices) [22 Feb 14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tomskag

Dec 27, 2011
I got this to work without editing my build prop.

Flashed the NFC fix
Ran Modaco and disabled wallet checks, then used modaco to download wallet
Somehow it worked. :confused:

Reactions: bdorr1105

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008

Flashed the NFC fix

What do you mean you used Modaco to download Wallet, That doesnt make any sense to me? How can you use Modaco to download Wallet, its not an app store. Are you sayin you just enabled the add on or Module and download and installed with the module enabled. I am curious how the you installed without editing the build.prop because if its not a supported it should fail to initialize. Glad it worked for you but please elaborate the Google Wallet install with Modaco

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008

Flashed the NFC fix

Bro, street cred for you, I ran it with Modaco and did not change my build.prop and installed the apk which is the latest via modaco, worked like a charm, your name will be all over it since you brought up as well as the OP of Modaco and Xposed

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
OP Updated

Updated with MoDaCo Toolkit Method

- No need to change build.prop
- Cleaned up thread, screen shots have been moved and appropriately placed
- All Methods utilize latest Wallet
- Added Thanks to those who have assisted

eric2112

Nov 19, 2009
I got this set up and running on my N2 running Tweaked VZW Remix. Everything seemed OK and it let me set up my cards and such, prompts me for a pin when launching as it should, however:

When I tap to pay at the pump at Sheetz, Wallet prompts me for my pin, starts the transaction, then fails. The message on the pump said, "Transaction Failed. PayPass not supported"

The payment system on the pump has the 'PayPass' logo and everything.

Will try at a McDonalds or something, but has anyone seen this message or similar before?

<BEGIN RANT> Also wrote a nice letter to the FCC about Verizon's silliness in keeping Wallet off of their phones in favor of ISIS. I really wish there were another carrier that had coverage as god as theirs. Makes me fume! <END RANT>

tomskag

Dec 27, 2011
Bro, street cred for you, I ran it with Modaco and did not change my build.prop and installed the apk which is the latest via modaco, worked like a charm, your name will be all over it since you brought up as well as the OP of Modaco and Xposed

Oh no problem. Only reason why I poated is to build up my poat cou t on my 2 year old account. Gotta post about a bluetooth bug on the beans rom.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

saint365

Nov 11, 2010
Buffalo Grove
I tried new method but got this message, "Device Not Ready. Wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized. Make sure the device has network access and try rebooting if the problem persists."
so I just followed the troubleshooting instruction and it worked.

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
I got this set up and running on my N2 running Tweaked VZW Remix. Everything seemed OK and it let me set up my cards and such, prompts me for a pin when launching as it should, however:

When I tap to pay at the pump at Sheetz, Wallet prompts me for my pin, starts the transaction, then fails. The message on the pump said, "Transaction Failed. PayPass not supported"

The payment system on the pump has the 'PayPass' logo and everything.

Will try at a McDonalds or something, but has anyone seen this message or similar before?

<BEGIN RANT> Also wrote a nice letter to the FCC about Verizon's silliness in keeping Wallet off of their phones in favor of ISIS. I really wish there were another carrier that had coverage as god as theirs. Makes me fume! <END RANT>

I had that same error at Best Buy there system is probably down I would also try McDonald's or somewhere where you know it works. You are on the MoDaCo Toolkit method?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
I tried new method but got this message, "Device Not Ready. Wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized. Make sure the device has network access and try rebooting if the problem persists."
so I just followed the troubleshooting instruction and it worked.

So you edited the build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus. It's crazy man every phone acts different. I didn't even edit my build.prop this time at all.

EDIT* And yes the carriers blocking Wallet pisses me off, Sprint seemed to learn, but no one else followed suit. ISIS sucks, Everything revolves around your gmail account only makes sense to have Google Wallet

Last edited:

saint365

Nov 11, 2010
Buffalo Grove
So you edited the build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus. It's crazy man every phone acts different. I didn't even edit my build.prop this time at all.

EDIT* And yes the carriers blocking Wallet pisses me off, Sprint seemed to learn, but no one else followed suit. ISIS sucks, Everything revolves around your gmail account only makes sense to have Google Wallet

Yup. I had to edit my build.prop to Nexus and changed back to SCH-I605. I guess every phone is different :confused:

alistairs1

Oct 23, 2012
Device set-up failed error

I had Wallet working on various ROMs back a few months ago, then it stopped working one day when I switched ROMs and I have never been able to get it going again. Now using either method I get the infamous error:

"Device set-up failed. Unable to set up Wallet for purchases. First, make sure you have a reliable internet connection. If the problem persists, restart your device and try again."

Using Galaxy Nexus build prop, happens whether on wi-fi or 4G, and after I reboot. Also tried deleting device on wallet web site. My past transactions are showing fine, I just can't see my cards or use them for payments.
Has anyone found a way around this yet other than swapping out the phone? Thanks.

Last edited:

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
I had Wallet working on various ROMs back a few months ago, then it stopped working one day when I switched ROMs and I have never been able to get it going again. Now using either method I get the infamous error:

"Device set-up failed. Unable to set up Wallet for purchases. First, make sure you have a reliable internet connection. If the problem persists, restart your device and try again."

Using Galaxy Nexus build prop, happens whether on wi-fi or 4G, and after I reboot. Also tried deleting device on wallet web site. My past transactions are showing fine, I just can't see my cards or use them for payments.
Has anyone found a way around this yet other than swapping out the phone? Thanks.

People who have ISIS sim cards have been reporting problems. ISIS might be causing Google Wallet to not initialize. Check and see if you have an ISIS Sim

I had that problem when I first set it up....I had to use the galaxy Nexus build.prop, but when you change your build.prop, before you reboot, use Titanium Backup to clear all the app data and app cache. Its the best I can tell you right now

Last edited:
Reactions: alistairs1

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
OP Updated with ISIS Info

OP was updated with information about the ISIS Sims, I am sure people are aware, got some good T/S going on but almost to the point we can confirm even with root and all the workarounds, ISIS NFC SIM prevents Google Wallet period form ever initializing

Picture Posted in OP

alistairs1

Oct 23, 2012
People who have ISIS sim cards have been reporting problems. ISIS might be causing Google Wallet to not initialize. Check and see if you have an ISIS Sim

I had that problem when I first set it up....I had to use the galaxy Nexus build.prop, but when you change your build.prop, before you reboot, use Titanium Backup to clear all the app data and app cache. Its the best I can tell you right now

Thanks for suggestions, but still no luck. I have the original (non-NFC/ISIS) SIM, and tried the Titanium cache/data clearing also. I think there are still a subset of users/phones (of which I seem to be one) that got disabled during the whole 4.1.2 transition and still continue to get the "Device set-up failed" error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are a few methods and links That have worked for Google Wallet. I would like to post them methods and information. None of this is my work at all. I do not take Credit for any of it.

google-wallet_zps1f161dd1.jpg

IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS - PLEASE READ

ALWAYS! ALWAYS! ALWAYS! RESET GOOGLE WALLET BEFORE YOU FLASH A NEW ROM OR YOU COULD LOSE IT FOREVER

BEWARE - BEFORE YOU BEGIN - 1st Picture provided by fireishott - 2nd Picture by firstflyer

uploadfromtaptalk1373510998501_zps82053453.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373515075144_zps3269ff10.jpg

After seeing people struggle and research, this appears to still block Google Wallet from completely setting up and initializing. The regular SIM cards do not do it, but the ISIS or NFC appears to be doing the damage. I am not sure if it is possible to switch to a non NFC SIM, but you are more than likely OUT OF LUCK with this SIM Card...Remember this does not guarantee success, but if you hit a wall and just can't get any luck it is a last ditch effort and probable cause to your issues

Refer to Troubleshooting Step 4 in post #2 to possibly solve the issue

LATEST PATCHED GOOGLE WALLET - TouchWiz 4.3 and AOSP - Tap and Pay GW v2.0 R151-v8 - Thanks loserskater - Thread Found Here!

IMPORTANT - BEFORE YOU GET STARTED REMOVE ANY TRACES OF WALLET ALSO ENSURING YOU RESET WALLET FROM THE DEVICE BEFORE YOU REMOVE IT.

1. Download The Following Zips

TouchWiz 4.3 - TouchWiz 4.3 NFC Lib Fix and Patched Wallet
    AOSP - Go Here for Patched Wallet - Thanks loserskater

2. Reboot into Recovery
    3. Flash Appropriate Zip for your ROM Base (Always Wipe Cache and Dalvick before flashing any zip)

5. Reboot
    4. Open Google Wallet and Set up Tap and Pay until 100% Completion with all Cards added ready to purchase
    5. Once Google Wallet says Tap and Pay is Ready For Use You are Good
    6. Enjoy Working Wallet

Reference these build.props

Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju

Verizon Note II

ro.product.model=SCH-I605
    ro.product.name=t0ltevzw
    product.device= t0ltevzw

513e9cc0-1246-4f3d-ab73-f3b2eafdc0ed_zps5a095a6c.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-22-20-42-37_zpse2fcaa34.png

Give Thanks To:

loserskater - for libfix and patched wallet
    WarlockLord - Original Wallet Thread
    crazy talk
    safeplayer22
    siraltus
    YourCancer01
    Dwitherel - For latest patched version of Google Wallet R96v16
    gramsey1911 - Verizon NFC Lib Fix
    jimmypop13 - For trying on CM 10.1 and reporting what he did to get successful install
    tomskag - Testing MoDaCo - Confirmed Success
    PaulOBrien - MoDaCo Toolkit and Patched MoDaco Wallet Modules
    fireishott - All The feedback with troubleshooting
    ihavenewnike - Mentioned Jrummy's build prop editor
    silvertag - I wanted to put resetting Wallet Online in the OP already, however, he made mention so I give credit to him
    BoostedB18C - Extremely helpful with Troubleshooting in the Thread - Thanks
    vt0r - Providing information for AOSP
    open1your1eyes0 - Instructions for installing on AOSP

If you were left out its not by intention just PM Me
    Troubleshooting

TROUBLESHOOTING​

1) Insufficient Secure Element Privileges for system image (release-keys).

If you've been trying to run Google Wallet on your USA variant Note II you've probably ran into some problems. like this one..

"Insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release-keys)."

why is this happening? check HERE for more detail.

But for the sake of keeping everything together in this thread..

2) Google Wallet controller applet version says "not present"

1. Open Google Wallet
    2. Hot Menu Soft Key
    3. Find About

It should not say Not Present

Screenshot_2013-07-03-10-52-09_zpsebef241d.png

If It says "Not Present"

You need to do a nand restore of the ROM you had Google Wallet running on and hit reset Google Wallet. Then You can restore or flash a new ROM and restart the process. If you Do not have a Nand Backup where Google Wallet was working, you may never be able to use Wallet again

3) Device Not Ready. Wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized. Make sure the device has network access and try rebooting if the problem persists.

I have just gone through the whole set up process trying to use the Galaxy Sprint Note II build.prop and the above error message occurred. I could not even reset Google Wallet on my phone unless I changed my build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus which is the one in this OP. If you are having issues, Only use the Galaxy Nexus build.prop if you are not already doing that

Step 1. Change your build.prop to the settings in Method 1 and 2. (Do not reboot after you finished)

Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.name=yakju

Step 2. Download Titanium Backup
    Step 3. Use Titanium Backup to wipe Google Wallet App Data and Cache or the built in Application Manager
    Step 4. Reboot to Recovery
    Step 5. Wipe Cache / Dalvick Cache 3x
    Step 6. Reboot
    Step 7. Set Up Google Wallet until 100% completion with card added
    Step 8. Revert to original build.prop

Verizon Note II

ro.product.name=t0ltevzw
    product.device= t0ltevzw

Step 9. Reboot

Should be Good to Go. I just completed the whole process

FIX: DO NOT USE ANY OTHER BUILD.PROP CONFIGS. ONLY USE WHAT IS IN THIS OP.

4) "Device Setup Failed"

Once your stuck at 'Device setup failed' you need to reset your wallet from the web. Then change your build.prop to Nexus. Reboot, retry wallet and it should register correctly, after that you can change back your build.prop.

1. Go to Google Wallet Online
    2. Log in with your login info
    3. Click Devices on the left hand side
    4. Click Disable Wallet App
    5. change your build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus

Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.name=yakju

6. Reboot Phone and Try to Set up Wallet Again
    7. If all Goes Well meaning Wallet is set up 100% and ready for use, you can return to the Stock build.prop

8. Revert to Stock.prop

Verizon Note II

ro.product.name=t0ltevzw
    product.device= t0ltevzw

9. Reboot Phone after you change back to stock build.prop
    10. Enjoy

5) Wallet Freezes During Reset

Wallet Will freeze 9 times out of 10 if you try to perform the reset with your stock build.prop. If this happens then you need to change your build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus

1. Use jrummy build.prop editor or whatever your used to using to change your build.prop
    2. Change the build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus

Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.name=yakju

3. Reboot Phone
    4. Reset Google Wallet
    5. Once Google Wallet Resets you can flash another ROM or continue whatever Troubleshooting you were doing

6) Tap and Play Is Missing

If You Have Wallet Working Already and upgrade from the Market which you can do without any build.prop modification, Tap and PLay will disappear. Before updating you need to change to the Galaxy Nexus build.prop, reboot the phone then update form the Market and you should have no issues

1. Go into Apllication Manager, Scroll to Google Wallet and Wipe Data and Cache for the App
    2. Use jrummy build.prop editor or whatever your used to using to change your build.prop
    3. Change the build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus

Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.name=yakju

4. Reboot Phone
    5. Open Wallet and Set up Tap and Play until 100% Complete and you get notification that Tap and Play is ready for use!!
    6. Once Step 5 is complete, you can go back to your stock build.prop

AT&T Note II

ro.product.model=SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    ro.product.name=t0lteatt
    product.device= t0lteatt

7. Reboot Phone
    8. Enjoy Working Wallet

7) NFC Error 11 Fix - "nfcpaymentsetupfailure: 11"

1. Go Here
    2. Disable Any devices associated to your Google Account
    3. Go into TWRP
    4. Nandroid Backup Your current Setup
    5. Click Wipe

- Slide to Factory Reset 3x
    - Click Advanced Wipe
    - Wipe Dalvick Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache 3x

This will clear any Wallet pieces that could be lingering

4. Install Whatever ROM you like
    5. Try to install again

Confirmation Post - "nfcpaymentsetupfailure: 11"

Here's good news! User loudambiance on Reddit found a way to maintain NFC capability in the new version of Wallet. I've tested it on my Verizon Note II and it works. The only thing altered is step 7; I changed the build.prop info to the Note II's.

Edit:
    For anyone curious, these are the exact steps I took:
    1) [Update] Wallet
    2) DO NOT OPEN WALLET (If you have, Force Close wallet and clear cache and data for Wallet)
    3) Change build.prop to:
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro
    4) Reboot phone
    5) Open Wallet and go through setup (be sure to enable tap to pay)
    6) Close Wallet
    7) Change build.prop back to:
    ro.product.name=t0ltevzw
    ro.product.device=t0ltevzw
    8) Reboot and reopen Wallet, Tap to Pay should still be enabled.

Again, all credit goes to /u/loudambiance from Reddit.com. I would link to his post, but as a junior member here I'm not allowed.
    OP Updated

Updated OP

- Added latest version of Patched Wallet - No need for changing build.prop and downloading form market
    - Cleanded up OP
    - Added 1 Step to Troubleshooting
    - Added Preventitive info in step 1 about wiping app data
    Have it working great via method one...knock on wood.

Only question I have is when I change roms after reseting and clearing cache and data via titanium backup for wallet do I also need to uninstall it and deactivate it on the Google wallet account? It's going to be hard enough to remember to clear it every time let alone log into the site if needed lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

You don't need to do it from the Web between roms. You only need to change build.prop, reset wallet app, and clear cache between flashes. Once you flash rom, you have to flash lib files again and change build.prop, then install wallet and setup

If you always make a backup in TWRP before flashing a new rom, that can be a lifesaver for wallet. THIS IS NOT GUARANTEED TO WORK, but the majority of the time if you forget to reset wallet, flash a rom, and screw up the secure element, you can restore your TWRP backup that *has wallet working* and it will bring it back to life.

Lastly, never use titanium backup to restore the wallet app or data. Just don't do it :D

Sent From My Sticky Note, Too?