Root + Google Play Movies and Tv

Search This thread

adavit

Dec 6, 2009
Lima
Have you tried the root cloaker module in xposed? I'm not sure if it will work with Google but it works with the Isis app so it's a possibility.

Crooke356

Jun 30, 2011
Indianapolis
Does it get stuck loading one you've pressed play? That's what I'm experiencing.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

murryrulz

Oct 1, 2010
I see the same thing guys. I do remember reading somewhere that unlocking a phone might remove the DRM installed. If that's the case an unlocked device would have trouble playing anything that is DRM protected which I'm sure Google movies are. It'll be interesting the see if this is the issue and if a fix can be found.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sevinex

Jul 27, 2013
San Diego
I see the same thing guys. I do remember reading somewhere that unlocking a phone might remove the DRM installed. If that's the case an unlocked device would have trouble playing anything that is DRM protected which I'm sure Google movies are. It'll be interesting the see if this is the issue and if a fix can be found.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't know if that is true, as I am currently S-Offed, unlocked, rooted, have installed Rootcloak, and am having no issues with Google Play Movies.

EDIT: Keep in mind, I have never opened Google Play Movies until just now, so that may be it. Perhaps clearing the app's data/cache might reset it into thinking you don't have root?

Last edited:

phenix14

Jan 11, 2011
I am having the same issue with s off non-rooted. It says an error has occurred, touch to retry. Worked fine before s off.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Uninstalling the most recent update fixed it for me.
    Get an error when trying to play. Uninstalling update lets me play the first 13 seconds only...wtf...

Sent from my S-Off VZW HTC One M8