works perfect!!!
now I don't have any excuse to stay with com2 roms :D

rhacy

Mar 5, 2006
South OC
It doesn't work on the following firmware
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=736821
Чаго подкрутить надо? :)

Obviously! To clarify, you need to be running a WM 6.5.x ROM build and not a 6.5 ROM for uTask to work as intended. 6.5 has the Start Button on the top left and 6.5.x has it on the bottom left.

Many thanks for uTask, ultrashot. It works great on my HD2 and TP2. Cheers!

Best to all,
R

Last edited:

piotrxda

Mar 25, 2010
Nice idea and nice application. My phone is Samsung Omnia 2 i8000 and I have few small problems. Vibration doesn't work. On my today screen (Samsung Today) uTask overwrites softkeys. I guess I have to provide today class name but how find today screen class name?

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
how can I make it work with CHT soft keys bar? It would be nice to make it a soft key on it instead of disabling it.
You just use CHTEditor to add a Custom softkey (CHT2 allows you to add 3). You can create whatever icon you want for it. Keep in mind if you just want to launch a task manager from the softkeybar, you may need to point to that .exe rather than uTask.

redzone321

Nov 24, 2009
amazing program!

only glitch i seem to have is when i click on task manager it turns to grey and will not come back to black unless i select one of the other softkeys. any ideas?

easiest way i can think is to get rid of the grey file. replace with black. but i dont know the image name.

bigchrizzieboy

Sep 30, 2007
Near Amsterdam
amazing program!

only glitch i seem to have is when i click on task manager it turns to grey and will not come back to black unless i select one of the other softkeys. any ideas?

easiest way i can think is to get rid of the grey file. replace with black. but i dont know the image name.

I can confirm this one. Sometimes on the Home-screen the when I press the home-key (right-bottom) it runs the app i configured but the key stays "pressed". Need screenshots?

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Like i say this is MUST HAVE for all 6.5.3 Users.. befor i don`t like 6.5.3 Only because not have a good taskmanager with one single click to kill the process and when you are in some app and press X the application do not close only minimaze and this was So so bad and ugly.. NOW all this problems gone with this amazing uTask

Thank you very very much ultrashot

Please support ultrashot!!!

Um.. we've had Ameba for.. EVER ? You just werent aware of it...

elshur

Oct 19, 2007
Biarritz
Thanks ultrashot
I love this mod which works perfectly. I propose you the French translation ;)

Attachments

• utaskcfg.040C.zip
    699 bytes · Views: 25

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Um.. we've had Ameba for.. EVER ? You just werent aware of it...
As for me, AMeBa is a battery-killer. Now I have power management much better than it was before utask's development.
Also I remind you that I don't tell anyone to use utask instead of ameba... Use what you want. uTask is just the thing I've done for my ROMs when I was moving from com2 to 6.5.x branches.

v1.1 is on it's way, fixing some bugs. Also I am testing immediate position fix, but not sure that it will have been ready by v1.1 release.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uTask v1.4
    Author: ultrashot
    Compatibility: only Windows Mobile 6.5.3. Any resolution is supported, but I haven't checked this program on any resolution except WVGA.

Functions:
    1) Reassignment of virtual keys such as "Windows" and "X"
    Supported actions:
    • Standard action
    • Launch *.exe
    • Minimize current program
    • Close current program
    • Show start menu

2) Task Manager icon on "Today" screen.
    You can assign any task manager to this button. Later I will make my own interface.

3) Position Fix for old windows.
    Attention! Some applications can work in unexpected way with positionfix enabled. They should be added into exceptions list!
    Exception list supports masks. For example, if you enter "SPBWEATHER*", all window classes starting with "SPBWEATHER" will be excluded.
    Also there is a confurator inside.

The most evident difference from any existing programs is IMMEDIATE reaction to new windows. No timers and unneeded calculations at all. uTask is very battery-friendly because of that.

Available translations: russian, english, german, french, italian (thanks to translators!)

Changes in v1.4 (release: 29.06.11, compilation date: 17.06.11):
    -added classes list
    -minor changes

Changes in v1.4 (26-Mar-11):
    -fixed HVGA display detection.

Changes in v1.4:
    -better today button behaviour.
    -auto-resize of incorrect button images.
    -bugfixes (bug with few HTCMenus versions, bug with EzInput on some devices)
    -installer now shows error message if you try to install uTask on unsupported OS. Then, if system refuses to run after utask installation, try to start your phone two or three times. Perhaps, autodiagnostic system will disable utask. But it doesn't mean you shouldn't make a system backup.

Changes in v1.3:
    -more accurate vibration
    -increased timeout for clock hook
    -ability to *.lnk in configurator
    -little changes.

Changes in v1.2:
    -some fixes for position fix
    -configtool fixes
    -stability improvement
    -auto detector of problematic apps - seems like exception list is useless at the moment.
    -taskbar clock hook - clock will have the same as home key function
    -implemented internal size\position cache... should work better for all, especially HVGA devices.

Changes in v1.1:
    -added immediate position fix.
    -fixed all found bugs.
    -added special menu for toolbars (hold finger on old-style toolbars and you'll get an action menu).
    -added "Open start menu" action.
    -SIP position fix (works for Swype, for example)
    -support for two softkeys HDMini-like mode.
    -settings were moved to new subkey called "Settings" - attention, chiefs!

Make a system backup before installing! I don't take any responsibility for any damage to phone or data on it.
    If you didn't read this label, or you aren't able to read at all, that's your problem

About adding this program to custom roms:
    If you feel that everything works as expected - feel free to use it in your custom ROM. If not - post a comment about bugs.
    Guys, try this. If it works ok, then it will be 1.4 public release.
    As always: make a system backup
    First post updated.
    For chiefs: OEM package contains recommended settings, not the ones I use. Of course, you can override them.
    new version uploaded.
    Here my update: Got .net error again today :(
    Use 12.11.01 files and uTask 1.3.
    Reinstall Touch Incall Tweak Screen do not solve the problem. Sorry...
    Thanks for testing, will compile another test version soon.