[Q] SGPT111us/S stuck on boot... ?

Search This thread

lindapr

Nov 18, 2009
I apologize in advance for posting this kind of thread for the 100th time (as I've read similar ones around). I still couldn't find one that may have a solution. I'm not an Android user, so this is all new to me. I got this Sony Tablet S stuck on a bootloop. I can't do anything but enter the hard reset/recovery screen I think it's called... ? I figured maybe re-installing its firmware from the SD Card would do, but I don't know which one it had before (it's a friends tablet that I'm attempting to fix). I think it may be one called Ice Cream Sandwich since I read it on some other thread. Where can I find it and how can I do this? Is there a go-to for-dummies kind of guide? haha. Sorry. I'm really lost when it comes to rom talk and whatnot, so be gentle, lol.

Thank you for reading. Don't mean to waste anyone's time.

Attached a picture, just in case.

Don't judge me for this being my first post. I probably created this account, left it laying around and never came back. I just tried it cause it's my usually my username and it was taken. Found out it really was mine. :/

Attachments

• IMG_1722.JPG
    IMG_1722.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 533
Last edited:

stifilz

Jan 9, 2012
NZ
I apologize in advance for posting this kind of thread for the 100th time (as I've read similar ones around). I still couldn't find one that may have a solution. I'm not an Android user, so this is all new to me. I got this Sony Tablet S stuck on a bootloop. I can't do anything but enter the hard reset/recovery screen I think it's called... ? I figured maybe re-installing its firmware from the SD Card would do, but I don't know which one it had before (it's a friends tablet that I'm attempting to fix). I think it may be one called Ice Cream Sandwich since I read it on some other thread. Where can I find it and how can I do this? Is there a go-to for-dummies kind of guide? haha. Sorry. I'm really lost when it comes to rom talk and whatnot, so be gentle, lol.

My signature faq thread and its links

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Reactions: lindapr

lindapr

Nov 18, 2009

When I try to install from SD Card, it says "E:failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory)"

It's the only thing on your FAQ that I tried, since it's the "brick" thing that I think is where I'm at.

Also, (don't know if this would help) tried using the ADB Driver Installer but the drivers are not installing either... I went to the device manager and tried to do it manually, didn't work either. Android Composite ADB Interface "The hash file for the file is not present for the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering".

Last edited:

p1vo

Oct 16, 2005
Breslau
Unfortunetly i have the same issue! :/ and now i dont know to do..
Generaly my tablet s stuck's on bootloop (sony logo)
I can enter recovery mode (with some errors.. cant find, cant mount etc.)
When im picking flash from SDCard tablet says E:/ cant mount /sdcard
and then shows empty card :/

PLS help!

dex9mm

When I try to install from SD Card, it says "E:failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory)"

It's the only thing on your FAQ that I tried, since it's the "brick" thing that I think is where I'm at.

Also, (don't know if this would help) tried using the ADB Driver Installer but the drivers are not installing either... I went to the device manager and tried to do it manually, didn't work either. Android Composite ADB Interface "The hash file for the file is not present for the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering".

The sd card must be fat32 for the device to see it
Use blue chips auto installer for adb

xperia m c1905 stock rooted lb
and sony XTS rooted stock j.b thanks djrbliss

p1vo

Oct 16, 2005
Breslau
The sd card must be fat32 for the device to see it
Use blue chips auto installer for adb

xperia m c1905 stock rooted lb
and sony XTS rooted stock j.b thanks djrbliss

SD CARD is formated in FAT32 but still no luck:

E:fail to read boot logo flag
E: can'T OPEN /DEV/block/mmblk0p5
(no such file or directory)
E: failed to mount /cache
E: cant mount /cache/recovery/command
E: failed to mount /sdcard

its in Android system recovery REV 29 (3e)

Ok. I have installed ADB drivers and now i can see device but adb shell its not working - no sh
generaly its seams that kernel and recovery partition stay on this tablet :/
Anyone know how to recover?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.