Wi-Fi Hotspot/ Tethering For Sprint Non-Activated LG G2 LS980 ZV7/ZV8/ZVA

Search This thread

pvinodnayak

Feb 10, 2012
Udupi
i'am trying using it in ZVC, but only bluetooth tethering active.
i'm gsm unlock in indonesia

Replace the whole carrier folder. Once you unzip, copy the folder inside carrier folder. It's carrier.rar, so when unzipping it goes, carrier/carrier/files , so make sure you copy the one that's inside in the name of "carrier".

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

RohanM

Oct 19, 2012
here is the the Way Enable / Visible the Tethering Option in LG G2 Sprint Non-Activated Device...

Before Proceeding Please Unlock your phone with the Thread given below...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50477852
all Credits to ysabxe

So basically when you follow ysabxe's guide to unlock the G2 LS980 you already need to copy the folder carrier to root & replace it.
So whats the point of your thread then? as we already copy it as per the guide of ysabxe! :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here is the the Way Enable / Visible the Tethering Option in LG G2 Sprint Non-Activated Device...

Mandatory Steps
    1). Root Required
    2). Root Explorer or Rom Tool Lite installed (with root Permissions)

Before Proceeding Please Unlock your phone with the Thread given below...
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50477852
    all Credits to ysabxe

Please Credit to the above & following
    Also for Detailed Procedure
    http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/36746-how-topermanent-unlock-sprint-lg-g2-ls980-for-gsm/
    this link by pvinodnayak

After that

Just Download the rar file named 'Carrier'.
    Unzip / unrar it to Your Notebook/System. You wil get a Folder named Carrier.
    Copy it(Carrier Folder) with the Original 'Carrier' Folder that Present in the Device. if asks for Overwrite, Please Proceed with Pleasure.
    & Here you can see the Option Enabled, without booting the phone... if not seen then Please Reboot, so as to Function Properly.

Pros: It works on LG G2 LS980 ZV7/ZV8/ZVA, &

Cons:Nothing...

"No Hope that all Works, but for SURE that ALL Works"
    Sprint LS980 G2 phone does not have wifi hotspot out of the box.
    its somehow enabled when the phone is activated in Sprint network.
    Now i know this because in India i have a G2 by Sprint. its a not activated ever
    on any network.
    To enable the MOD jus extract the folder from the OP and use root explorer
    to replace the stock carrier folder with the extracted one.
    Your Wi-Fi Hotspot should be under Settings/More.
    This mod also enables Bluetooth and USB tethering.
    Very Important:
    You have to replace the folder and not just its content, just replace the folder by copying from the download and pasting on top of the stock, when prompted to overwrite the folder, select yes.

RoM Toollite Box root explorer does not work, for some reason it makes a copy of the carrier folder in root instead of replacing it. use only Root Explorer
    i'am trying using it in ZVC, but only bluetooth tethering active.
    i'm gsm unlock in indonesia

Replace the whole carrier folder. Once you unzip, copy the folder inside carrier folder. It's carrier.rar, so when unzipping it goes, carrier/carrier/files , so make sure you copy the one that's inside in the name of "carrier".

HOW TO

Extract the folder from the download and replace the stock carrier folder with the one you have extracted, use only Root Explorer
    Yes