Unroot Galaxy Note II, Android 4.3

Search This thread

manuel1992

Feb 4, 2014
Shkoder
So I have rooted Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 and I learned that I can' t update my firmware through OTA update it says "Your device has been modifies yada yada yada" So I searched on internet how to unroot and it says first use flash counter TriangleAway and then full unroot from SuperSu option.
I read that TriangleAway will possibly brick my phone so to be sure I predicted the future with a Magic 8 Ball and received the answer "Yes Definitely". Lol
So I am asking should I really need to use TriangleAway in order to update through OTA? Can't I just full unroot and do the OTA without using TriangleAway?
I know that it will appear the yellow triangle but I think after the update it will go away.
Thank you

gencho81

Aug 15, 2012
Nicosia
So I have rooted Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 and I learned that I can' t update my firmware through OTA update it says "Your device has been modifies yada yada yada" So I searched on internet how to unroot and it says first use flash counter TriangleAway and then full unroot from SuperSu option.
I read that TriangleAway will possibly brick my phone so to be sure I predicted the future with a Magic 8 Ball and received the answer "Yes Definitely". Lol
So I am asking should I really need to use TriangleAway in order to update through OTA? Can't I just full unroot and do the OTA without using TriangleAway?
I know that it will appear the yellow triangle but I think after the update it will go away.
Thank you

Before 1 day i unroot my N7100 using TriangleAway 3.1 . This is not the first time i do this . I was as well on 4.3 rooted with custom rom end recovery.
So don't be afraid - Use TriangleAway3.1 to reset the counter,but after it finish don't let the phone reboot normaly.It will ask you to reboot normal or in download mode.Your choice is Download mode and flash immediately stock 4.3 and you are done.After flash wipe data/factory reset and that's it.

Reactions: seejeremy

manuel1992

Feb 4, 2014
Shkoder
Before 1 day i unroot my N7100 using TriangleAway 3.1 . This is not the first time i do this . I was as well on 4.3 rooted with custom rom end recovery.
So don't be afraid - Use TriangleAway3.1 to reset the counter,but after it finish don't let the phone reboot normaly.It will ask you to reboot normal or in download mode.Your choice is Download mode and flash immediately stock 4.3 and you are done.After flash wipe data/factory reset and that's it.

What does it mean "flash immediately stock 4.3"? So should I use odin after TriangleAway? Where to find v3.1 on play store is only v3.26?

Last edited:

asem.arafa

Oct 15, 2013
you dont need to unr0ot just to reset the fash counter
as long as you have stock recovery , using triangleaway will reset the counter and the option for OTA will be available again

if you dont want to use triangleaway you can always download the rom from sammobile and flash via odin

manuel1992

Feb 4, 2014
Shkoder
you dont need to unr0ot just to reset the fash counter
as long as you have stock recovery , using triangleaway will reset the counter and the option for OTA will be available again

if you dont want to use triangleaway you can always download the rom from sammobile and flash via odin

What is stock recovery? I have not installed CWM OR TWRP.
If I use odin will the phone be normal? I mean it will remove root?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you