[rom][8/1] paranoidandroid 3.91 | 4.3

Should Paranoid Android change to an AOSP base.

• Yes, AOSP base with a few features from cm

Votes: 277 63.2%
  • NO, stick with a cm base(current base)

Votes: 161 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

k.bergmann2

Oct 19, 2010
AW: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode

Where did the setting go to have a 4x4 and not a 3x3 pattern to unlock the tablet?

And one general remark: is it just me to have the impression that paranoid 2.54 was way more snappier?
Could I downgrade via cwm by just flashing 2.54? Or are there some procedures to follow since 2.54 is android 4.1 and not 4.2

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Jul 15, 2011
Road Town - Tortola
R: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode

Now back to a TWRP nandroid and AOSP swipe works normally again with no lock ups... Also in pie 3.1 (the one I'm using right now) the graphical glitch in the trigger area was "fixable" just selecting two pie locations (ex. top and bottom). I wonder why such a thing isn't available anymore in PA 3.00...

Sent from a Paranoid Tablet...

derekny

Mar 27, 2010
Try wiping and reinstalling, using an older gapps.

I had the same issue until switching to 20121231

Exact same issue here. Swipe AOSP Keyboard locks up while swiping text.
Will try older gapps, but that seems a "bad way to fix bad things".

Edit:
Downgraded to gapps-jb-20121212 and wiped cache+dalvik. Nothing has changed, keyboard still locks up while swiping... Texting key-by-key works as expected.
It's the only bug I'm consistently having with PA 3.0.
Trying to get used to type with SwiftKey Flow beta for tablets in the meantime....

not sure if you guys are using custom kernels (or if that would even cause this) but i have dirty flashed, stock kernel , tried mimicking your issues to no avail, swipe on stock keyboard works flawlessly for me. pa_gapps-full-4.2-20130209 is gapps i am using.

Reactions: 0355

S3tArtist

Nov 24, 2011
Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode

How is the battery life in pa?

PA 3.0, M-kernel a36 2 cores on, fsync off, smart dimmer off, other things on default --> 7:30 screen on time. One battery cycle. With all 4 cores on almost 7 h screen on time. Medium use.

sent from PAranoid Nexus 7 powered by M-kernel

Jul 15, 2011
Road Town - Tortola
R: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode

not sure if you guys are using custom kernels (or if that would even cause this) but i have dirty flashed, stock kernel , tried mimicking your issues to no avail, swipe on stock keyboard works flawlessly for me. pa_gapps-full-4.2-20130209 is gapps i am using.

Nope, for me full stock. Even stock launcher...
The silly part of this is I can use use stock swipe kyb on this iteration (pie-3.1) but not on newer builds!

bsw11

Aug 29, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
alphabase.com
Does 3.00 need a factory reset from 2.99?

Also just how does one enable this PIE function?

And I watched the video and this PIE does not have location or a few other features that the video shows. What is up with that?

KL45SiiK

Dec 30, 2011

And I watched the video and this PIE does not have location or a few other features that the video shows. What is up with that?

Enable expanded desktop in the power menu

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

lollyjay

Jul 26, 2012
Fresno

Pie works best in tablet mode, with expanded desktop enabled (longpress power button to select). You can select default location of pie gravity and then move it around to suit your needs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

CharliesTheMan

My Sony is 5.0v - 850Ma

hTC is 5.0v - 1A

it sems to be fine under the 1A, i sem to have misplaced my asus one but can someone tell me the amperage of it.

and najaboy. that clarification should havce really been the first post instead of saying it wont charge while in use

The Asus Transformer Prime replacement charger is available off the shelf at Staples and Office Depot. It works great with the Nexus 7. The cost is $20 -$25 usually.

I've been in a few situations where I needed a good charger quickly and it's really nice that so many places stock that item. And I don't mind buying them because they charge everyone of my devices although with my rezound I only use something besides HTC OEM in a pinch.

Also, remember increasing the length of the cable will decrease the charging rate slightly due to the increased impedance but as long as you're talking about a couple of feet and a decent quality and guage USB cord I wouldn't think the decrease in charge rate would even be noticable.

On the OEM charger the data pins are shorted. Charging with a charger and cable with the data pins connected will have the nexus 7 display discharging but it's actually charging at a decent rate.

I did a few searches to verify I didn't have things backwards with the data pin and I found this thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1823377

TylerDurden1999

Sep 20, 2012
Got a question. Now i am on 4.2.1, when PA will be compatibile with 4.2.2 does the rom will include even the update?I will go to 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 directly?
I mean, i wont be reflashing the google stock image in order to have 4.2.2?

ximmox

Mar 14, 2010
Got a question. Now i am on 4.2.1, when PA will be compatibile with 4.2.2 does the rom will include even the update?I will go to 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 directly?
I mean, i wont be reflashing the google stock image in order to have 4.2.2?

Yeah, PA will be based on AOSP 4.2.2 soon, you don't need to flash a stock image in between.
As for when, Aaron explicitly stated not to ask for it, so it will be ready when it's ready, be patient. ;)

k.bergmann2

Oct 19, 2010
AW: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode

Can I downgrade to pa 2.54 by just flashing over 3.00?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 2

ximmox

Mar 14, 2010
Just like that?Wipe cache and dalvik and i am on 4.2.2?No factory reset or stuff like that?

I suspect for those minor changes in 4.2.2 a factory reset might not be necessary.

Can I downgrade to pa 2.54 by just flashing over 3.00?

Nein, due to 2.54 being based on CM and Android 4.1.2 and 3.00 being based on AOSP 4.2.1 you CAN downgrade by simply flashing the old version, but I'd highly recommend to do a proper wipe and fresh install as the differences are likely to cause errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

kernel source

FEATURES for 3.0+,

• Hybrid engine,
      Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
      Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
      Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
      Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
      You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
      Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
      Theming Engine
      Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
      Multiuser support
      Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
      4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
      As we merge back our old CMPA feature catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks
      New holo-styled theme chooser
      T9 dialer
      New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

PARANOIDANDROID 2.16 | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode | Click and see

Just in case...

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

shots_12pk0x.png

BE WARNED, 4.2.0 is not the most bugless android, the issues are known.

INSTRUCTIONS,
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM, GAPPS, FIX-IF ANY
    4. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    5. REBOOT
    PA 2.99+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

Changelogs are on the paranoid andorid google+ page

Know bugs:
    graphical glitch when using pie

CREDITS,
    AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past, heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png

aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png

aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png

aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

State of Paranoia 11/14/12

We have forked all the required repos, for a aosp based pa and are hard at work on getting pa 3.0 ready. I have a grouper repo set up and building! We are still a ways away from giving you the goodness you love, but we do have the following.

Multi-user support on phones!!!
    begings of a pa exclusive feature!!!!
    Power menu options.
    Hybrid rewrite-planed for this weekend.

Stay Paranoid,
    aaronpoweruser