ICE CREAM SAMMICH TALK HERE

Search This thread

mgd76

Feb 23, 2012
Foxborough, MA
Found this one appropriate...
9937200.jpg

Not if you're born before 1959! ;) I'll be 54 in a couple of weeks...:(

PS. Both of my daughters are old? I won't tell them you said that...

Last edited:

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
@Red add me to the 25 category.. you can tell its true by the username lol....

though like someone said once you have kids you loose sight of time. Add marriage to that and all you can remember is the line time you had silence!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

I can't even remember memories of those silent times.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)

wvcoalminer

Nov 25, 2011
33 here
4 captivates for wife and 3 kids all on serendipity. And the awesome sgs2 for me. Note is next. Thanks to all devs. Ur work is appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

RatusNatus

May 24, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Guys, my sg2 is a little weird.
It was fine, 2 hours ago. I was around here. Then I did a market update... As far as I remember, Dropbox, Extweaks...and don't remember the others 4 or 5.
After that the phone keeps rebooting.
Then I've shut it down. Reboots and same thing.
When I say reboot, it's not a complete boot. Only the boot animation...really fast back on.
After get back from the loops, no network...no nothing. Everything off for a moment and when the system came back, with network AND. everything, it start the loop again.
Was extremely hot. So I've plugged to power and I was loosing power with plug on.
Battery was 15 when I plugged it. When I gave up was 12.
So, I decided to shut it down to see the problem tomorrow...

But, of course, 1 h after, here I am....and the phone is working fine.
Is it normal?
Well, if it's working, IM going to sleep. Good night

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Last edited:

aj9507

Mar 22, 2012
Las Vegas
add me 31 here A lil phone history: started with nokia bricks qwest and tmo models dont remember what exact models are, then i discovered the wonderful world of roms and unlocked phones owned sony ericsson k700i, k750i k800i then went back to tmo wing then the g1 then my touch 3g slide then switched carriers to my current phone the sgs2...

Boobie Watcher

Oct 16, 2010
24yrs old

Had 4 different iPhone's...they all broke, captivate came out and never looked back. Then took the upgrade to the GS2...wont be getting a new phone till JellyBean hits the surface!!

shanxybeast

Jan 29, 2011
Nokia brick > Motorola slivr > Motorola razr > some altel log sliding phone with a special equalizer > g1 which led me to xda > nexus one > vibrant > HTC inspire > captivate > SGS II i777

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

cropythy

Dec 11, 2009
I'm 21. And to all you talking about changes in tech over the past few years Google Pokemon the movie and go to the website. It is a website that has been unchanged since 2000 and is still hosted for some reason. Its like a time capsule showing how far the internet has come in 12 years.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, at this point:
    Boots
    Touchkeys work
    initramfs is being tracked in a local git repo
    kernel is being tracked in a local git repo
    ADB shells have root access

What is not yet working:
    CWM - I'm using the "classic" 5.0.2.8 for now. I can enter CWM, I can do a nandroid backup, but I can't restore or flash anything. I've got some ideas to fix this - I forgot some of the images.
    ADB in recovery - this makes fixing CWM harder if it's more than just the missing images
    ADB during boot - makes troubleshooting failure to boot a *****

I'm calling it a night as this is a good stopping point and I need sleep. Hopefully I'll figure out the ADB stuff and get CWM working tomorrow evening.

FennyFatal and drowningchild have a lot to thank for this - without some of their comments, I would have taken much longer to narrow down the problem to a bogus initramfs.
    So far it's being evil... Getting something that reliably boots is proving difficult.

It doesn't help that my deodex job was botched and the launcher would immediately start FCing... ****ing Samsung. I've worked around that now by installing LauncherPro, but since then I haven't successfully booted a kernel. (Before, I booted a few only to reach a broken launcher...)

Progress is being made - but it'll take some time. Esp. since I have to go out and run errands tomorrow evening.
    I could always share my chest and sinus infection with Entropy so
    he would have to call in sick
    Been there done that (I was dealing with a sinus infection caused by the 2011 floods + seasonal allergies when the I777 first launched) - no thanks not again. :)

Most of the difficulty is basic cleanup stuff and making sure I get CWM right. I'm not going to go the "kang cfroot's initramfs" way.
    no pictures just a question once we have the kernel are we still going to need the modded phone.apk

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Yes.

It'll be a while before I can figure out a way to get noise reduction working - if I ever figure that one out before an AT&T leak shows.

Right now:
    Booting
    ADB in CWM works (turns out Chainfire's hacked adbd had issues)
    CWM seems to work (at least nandroids) - flashing untested (Main reason I'm not releasing until another day or two)

Implemented but so far untested:
    Bootanimation support
    init.d support
    SoD patch
    fuel_alerted wakelock patch
    Conservative governor tuning patches

If it's stable until tomorrow, I'll probably push to github tomorrow. If it's still stable, I'll release this weekend.
    OK, now properly booting from a "git-tracked" initramfs.

At this point, since it's a LOT easier to identify when something goes wrong, progress will be much quicker.