Bricked HTC Vivivd

Search This thread

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
To the OP, your device is in no way bricked. Those that say otherwise do not understand Qualcomm architecture & the different layers of firmware.

You are in emergency Dload mode. Something I am very familiar with since I was forcing my device into this mode purposely while working on S-Off a few months ago.

Wit proper & full memory mapping, this can be fixed using a terminal emulator & the Qualcomm Snapdragon developer suite. I won't waste my time, but if you are still having issues & are in Dload still via USB, let me know.

To the naysayers, look up a little old project called FrankenKaiser. I have been in QC_Dload many times & am still using my device today. Much depends on how far the update got & what radio/HBoot & rom version (GB or ICS) you have flashed or partially flashed. I consider you lucky as this is a technical soft-brick.

The trick that is really cool is that from dload, you can write raw data into RAM. Just like I did when fixing Kaisers. If you had the AT&T original rom on your device, you may be in luck, as I have that somewhere between 40 & 60% memory mapped. This allows you to write the SPL from Hboot into ram, making your device think it has hboot, which allows you to then run hboot from ram, using it to re-install a real hboot onto the chip. The downside is that I was working with an S-Off hboot when doing this, but unless QC made some serious changes, it still may work.

Let me know where you are at, if you still have the device & it's status & I will see if I can dig up the S3 memory map. Otherwise, you can sped 30 - 50 & jtag the unit. Either way, you will need to be patient, have some knowledge of arm architecture & adb/fastboot type commands (understand what setting flags means, variables, & basic command (CMD) abilities. You must be precise when loading anything this way or it is big trouble.

Having a device in emergency dload can be a cool thing or a frightening thing depending on your experience. Fortunately, I had a lot of Kaisers & used them to try new things with Oli, Cmonex & Jocky, so I know exactly what it means & what it is doing (looking for). If still there, you can access & give radio commands or even send bytes to radio (rdata), allowing you to unsecure the device radio (2 bytes), which is one step in S-Off.

rajbsn

Jun 15, 2007
To the OP, your device is in no way bricked. Those that say otherwise do not understand Qualcomm architecture & the different layers of firmware.

You are in emergency Dload mode. Something I am very familiar with since I was forcing my device into this mode purposely while working on S-Off a few months ago.

Wit proper & full memory mapping, this can be fixed using a terminal emulator & the Qualcomm Snapdragon developer suite. I won't waste my time, but if you are still having issues & are in Dload still via USB, let me know.

To the naysayers, look up a little old project called FrankenKaiser. I have been in QC_Dload many times & am still using my device today. Much depends on how far the update got & what radio/HBoot & rom version (GB or ICS) you have flashed or partially flashed. I consider you lucky as this is a technical soft-brick.

The trick that is really cool is that from dload, you can write raw data into RAM. Just like I did when fixing Kaisers. If you had the AT&T original rom on your device, you may be in luck, as I have that somewhere between 40 & 60% memory mapped. This allows you to write the SPL from Hboot into ram, making your device think it has hboot, which allows you to then run hboot from ram, using it to re-install a real hboot onto the chip. The downside is that I was working with an S-Off hboot when doing this, but unless QC made some serious changes, it still may work.

Let me know where you are at, if you still have the device & it's status & I will see if I can dig up the S3 memory map. Otherwise, you can sped 30 - 50 & jtag the unit. Either way, you will need to be patient, have some knowledge of arm architecture & adb/fastboot type commands (understand what setting flags means, variables, & basic command (CMD) abilities. You must be precise when loading anything this way or it is big trouble.

Having a device in emergency dload can be a cool thing or a frightening thing depending on your experience. Fortunately, I had a lot of Kaisers & used them to try new things with Oli, Cmonex & Jocky, so I know exactly what it means & what it is doing (looking for). If still there, you can access & give radio commands or even send bytes to radio (rdata), allowing you to unsecure the device radio (2 bytes), which is one step in S-Off.

Wow!! This is great news! I have a bricked Vivid and when I connect it to the laptop and start QPST tool it shows that it's in Down Load mode. This phone was bricked while installing the HBOOT in the process of installing the ICS OTA. The original was stock AT&T ROM. Let me know if you want me to try anything.

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
I am waiting too. I really hope he gets some spare time to help us.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

rajbsn

Jun 15, 2007
I am waiting too. I really hope he gets some spare time to help us.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

I also hope we can get life back to these bricked ViVIDs. Please also check this thread and there is a IRC channel. Dexter93 on this IRC did some initial checks on my bricked VIVID. But mine couldn't get in to emmc mode. Please check there and if you can get into emmc mode you may have a chance.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1522351

Last edited:

popinadam

Jun 18, 2007

I'm willing to try anything at this point. Stuck in Emergency DLOAD mode myself.

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
I also tried contacting GSLEON3 but he had some problems recently. I hope he gets well and will get some spare time to help us.

austin4913

Mar 30, 2012
College Station, TX
Re: Bricked Phone

Your phone is probably done...However, I have sent in a Vivid to HTC here in the states and they repaired it for me...May not work in your case but its worth a try..Call the 900 number on HTC's website and they will give you the number to the nearest repair center. The price to repair mine was affordable. Good luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi I seen your problem to me step and follow these steps to get here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20807914&postcount=2 download from here http://www.filefactory.com/f/002b74e0f4775869/ version for AT & T is this RUU_HOLIDAY_ICS_35_S_CINGULAR_3.26.502.52 install it from your computer and running.
    Forgive my English.