• No reboot after app installation

Votes: 195 52.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

eezdva

Jun 24, 2011
Amsterdam
Wifi High Performance works.

Look forward using it without having to flash the mod but just using an apk. saw you mentioned it before. This is awesome. Thanks man,

SamOliver

Mar 31, 2011
Flashed this and lost my navbar and statusbar... how do I get those back?

Haven't done a nandroid backup in a while, so if there's any other way, I'd appreciate if someone could help me out.

Last edited:

tacosrdelicioso

Mar 23, 2011
Jk I guess its just my James bond kernel lol...damn the socsd version. Quick response though lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Process of elimination shows no culprit.... fluke thing. Like I got the graph and how long I was on but nothing else. No list showing screen/apps and such

bigeyes0x0

Jun 20, 2011
Saigon
@Sam:
adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app

with SystemUI.apk from the original ROM zip, and go f*** the themer please.

I had enough of this, which version did you install? The latest version already has zipalign disabled for /system/app and this feature is disabled by default. Did you install a kernel with this mod or did you clean dalvik-cache the same time with this mod in recovery?

Reactions: SamOliver

bigeyes0x0

Jun 20, 2011
Saigon
Process of elimination shows no culprit.... fluke thing. Like I got the graph and how long I was on but nothing else. No list showing screen/apps and such

I suggest you charge your phone to over 90% and unplug it, your battery stat file will be reset, unless it's the ROM that's borked.

SamOliver

Mar 31, 2011
@Sam:
adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app

with SystemUI.apk from the original ROM zip, and go f*** the themer please.

I had enough of this, which version did you install? The latest version already has zipalign disabled for /system/app and this feature is disabled by default. Did you install a kernel with this mod or did you clean dalvik-cache the same time with this mod in recovery?

Thanks, I installed from the attached file in the first post, "trickster mod 1.0" so I don't know what the problem was. Thanks for the quick reply.

bigeyes0x0

Jun 20, 2011
Saigon
Thanks, I installed from the attached file in the first post, "trickster mod 1.0" so I don't know what the problem was. Thanks for the quick reply.

I meant the CWM zip not the apk, it should have a date tag attached to it. The latest version is 20120717, so which CWM zip did you install?

The apk by itself does nothing, because it's just a front end GUI.

SamOliver

Mar 31, 2011
So if I ever enable "zipalign" again I'll lose my navbar and status bar again, right? Would using a different theme fix this problem and let me use the zipalign feature?

Last edited:

bigeyes0x0

Jun 20, 2011
Saigon
So if I ever enable "zipalign" again I'll lose my navbar and status bar again, right? Would using a different theme fix this problem and let me use the zipalign feature?

No zipalign operation does not cause this issue now. You can try it again. But if you do something that clean out dalvik-cache (my mod does not do this), you will run into the same troubles. Some kernel CWM zips do this so is doing it yourself in recovery.

Installing another theme will fix the issue for good if that theme was done correctly.

Reactions: SamOliver

m4a1rifle

Nov 18, 2008
If I just install the zip and the apk, then launch the app without doing any changes, all the settings that is shown to me is what my phone is currently running?

BTW, great app, especially appreciate the color control function.

chugger93

Nov 9, 2009
Michigan
bigeyes; I really love your mod, however I really wanna get my screen colors correct. What I've noticed for testing anyways with my brightness at 50%, is that when I reboot and my desktop comes up, if I sit there, the screen looks awesome, colors are spot on it seems.

Then I think your MOD finishes loading 15 seconds or so after my desktop appears...and if I keep looking at my screen that whole time, I know your MOD has finished doing its thing because then my screen gets slightly darker, not much, but really blue. I can totally tell the blue tint it puts on it. I really wanna stop that from happening and keep whatever default setting it is when the phone boots up.

In your app under SCREEN. My color profile is set to Trick. Brightness at 0. So I think basically default from your side of things. Can you help??

bigeyes0x0

Jun 20, 2011
Saigon
Change it to user and set the it to the value you want. For now there's no way to disable it only set it to what you want.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Trickster MOD app is a tweaking tool to change various settings included in your kernel and other tweaks to your phone. It was made by me and my friend.

Screenshots and more information at links below.

Links
    If you like the app please rate it 5 stars and if you can, please donate.

Feature requests
    Please post & vote features on our feedback site. So we can keep track of them

Question
    If you have question specific to your device or kernel, please state your device config: e.g. device, kernel, settings you used,...

Bug Report
    • Please read the FAQ at our website before reporting any problem
    • If the FAQ does not help, use the Bug Report feature in our app & reference your ID here (the number in the mail subject).

Credits:
    - Google
    - Our great kernel devs
    - grilledbacon for your beautiful icon
    - Beta testers and translators for your contributions
    - Anyone that helped us in some way

Disclaimer: This is provided with NO GUARANTY whatsoever. Use your common sense.
    App was updated and now available on the Play Store. As we use a new key for Play Store please uninstall the old version prior.
    Please rate it 5 stars if you like it
    If you can buy the donate app to support us, you will also receive a hidden feature then :D.

Version 1.2.208 (20120913)
    - All known bugs fixed
    - Various stability issues resolved
    - Global Apply button (not per tab anymore)
    - New tab style (Playstore style)
    - Use root with background thread to have a faster UI
    - Support orientation change
    - Vastly modified GUI compared to what we have in the previous public version
    - No more reboot on first app install
    - Remove init service and rely on kernel init.d support for certain features
    - Ability to change set-on-boot feature so if you disable it and reboot you have your kernel default settings
    Good job on the latest app.
    Just to confirm, to fully uninstall it, all one needs to do is uninstall the app from within Android or TiBu correct?
    No more needing the uninstall cwm flashable?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You may need to restart the phone.
    New version released 20120813:
    - No more recovery zip only apk
    - Add the new awesome splash screen
    - Add ADB over WLAN
    - Add Bug Report! feature
    - Add TCP congestion control
    - Add and fix some GUI strings
    - Add a workaround kernel that set weird permissions on certain sysfses
    - Rework About activity into a Dialog
    - Tweak some slider GUI elements to use spinner instead of text box where it makes sense
    - Fix color and gamma sliders problem for kernels that use CM color control
    - A lot of fixes, and changes under the hood

Biggest change: no more recovery zip only apk now :D. And in case there's bug, we have a bug report feature now. If you want to further discuss the problem here, post the timestamp includes in the mail subject, I or my friend will get back to you.

EDIT: Forgot to mention if you can't install the apk over the old one. It's because I signed the new apk with a new key, just uninstall and install the new apk.
    New version pushed to market, should take sometime for Google to refresh their servers

Version 1.2.256 (20120918)
    - Refresh values on apply
    - About dialog turn to tab
    - Add FAQ and Discussion Forum for each device in About tab
    - Nexus 7: Add CPUQuiet, Smart Dimmer and GPU 3D scaling controls
    - Support 4 step OC for GPU on GNex Anarky Kernel
    - Voltage control now has a dialog to set offset for all levels
    - Improve init.d detection on CM based ROM
    - Remember last tab across sessions
    - Fix FSYNC apply derp and Touch wake delay duplicate

@kyokeun1234: Might be because we missed it or we deemed the question to be user/ROM errors. In any case this is a Root app, if you don't let it have root, what do you expect? Your problem with AOKP is likely because you enable the same feature like Zipalign in both our app and the ROM. Lastly if you still encounter any problem with the new version, do a bug report then.