If on MI9 and take OTA, will each version download and install individually?

Search This thread

dawheat

Sep 25, 2012
I'm still on MI9 via RDLV and since there's no sign of root for 4.4.2, I'm going to reflash a fresh MI9 with root and then would like to take updates up to MJ5.

Does anyone know if each step will download and install separately? So after I get to MJ5, I can freeze the AT&T update app and stay there? I don't want to jump all the way to KK.

For each update, I plan on using survival mode in SuperSU.

TIA

dave812

Jun 7, 2010
I'm still on MI9 via RDLV and since there's no sign of root for 4.4.2, I'm going to reflash a fresh MI9 with root and then would like to take updates up to MJ5.

Does anyone know if each step will download and install separately? So after I get to MJ5, I can freeze the AT&T update app and stay there? I don't want to jump all the way to KK.

TIA

I'm not one of the more expert opinions, but I am on MI9 and staying. Once you go to MJ5, root is not as easy (Kingo only vs Kingo + RDLV), also Region Lock Away will not work. I also do not see the benefit. I just clean install the rooted MI9, use SafeStrap and wipe away all of MI9 using MJ5 roms in the stock slot.

Reactions: dawheat

dawheat

Sep 25, 2012
I'm not one of the more expert opinions, but I am on MI9 and staying. Once you go to MJ5, root is not as easy (Kingo only vs Kingo + RDLV), also Region Lock Away will not work. I also do not see the benefit. I just clean install the rooted MI9, use SafeStrap and wipe away all of MI9 using MJ5 roms in the stock slot.

Thanks man - if you load a custom JB ROM into the stock slot, are you able to return to stock MI9 when it's time to sell the phone? Do you know if you can just redo RDLV to MI9 and it'll remove SS, custom recovery, etc?

dave812

Jun 7, 2010
Thanks man - if you load a custom JB ROM into the stock slot, are you able to return to stock MI9 when it's time to sell the phone? Do you know if you can just redo RDLV to MI9 and it'll remove SS, custom recovery, etc?

Absolutely. The RDLV will bring it back to 100% stock and will wipe the internal memory as well. It is like nothing ever happened, and the phone was fresh out of the box.

Reactions: dawheat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TIA

Absolutely. The RDLV will bring it back to 100% stock and will wipe the internal memory as well. It is like nothing ever happened, and the phone was fresh out of the box.