FlyGrip Review (and free shipping code!)

Search This thread

Dudebowski

Mar 1, 2011
Chicago
No regrets here either, it's a stronger plastic than it may look, doesn't feel cheap either. Really genius idea, wish it was less expensive but I was willing to promote the ingenuity.

Would be awesome If it could be modded to be used to hang it on edges like a hook.... Like if it could lock in place in the 'H' position.

jigwashere

Dec 15, 2009
I'm guessing these will be more popular on the Note and perhaps even smaller tablets. Maybe I should get one for my Nook Color.

mtran2988

Feb 1, 2011
Got mine in today, no regrets so far. It's a very interesting feeling to have it on the phone. I have medium sized hands, and this make me feel like I won't ever drop the phone. I feel almost as if I'm holding the tiny HTC Hero I use to have.

Again, might not be everyone's boat, but it's floating in my boat right now.

schwab002

Oct 24, 2011
Would be cool to have this integrated into a case. Have it fold down flush into a nice rubber/hard plastic case.

Yeah that would be ideal. It sounds nice but I don't want to take off my case. I rarely drop my phone but the times I have it wasn't from fumbling with it out of my hands, but from knocking it with an elbow or something off my desk.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Vrekk

Jan 8, 2010
Centennial
I love mine, but it doesn't always stay snapped down? Sometimes it takes 4 to 5 times to get it to click. Anybody else have this issue?

754boy

Sep 28, 2008
Shaw, MS
Am I the only person who thinks this thing is a waste of money??? Seriously, you guys must have small hands. I have no trouble at all holding and using my phone effectively with one hand.....

$30??? For a piece of plastic? Hell no. My Otterbox didn't cost that much and it actually protects my phone.

Reactions: brooksyx

LuvThyMetal

Dec 6, 2010
Simi Valley, CA
Am I the only person who thinks this thing is a waste of money??? Seriously, you guys must have small hands. I have no trouble at all holding and using my phone effectively with one hand.....

$30??? For a piece of plastic? Hell no. My Otterbox didn't cost that much and it actually protects my phone.

Sorry Mr cool guy, not everyone has monster hands. This peace of plastic will save my phone from ever dropping, how is that a waste of money?

Cases for phones are so ugly, especially Otterbox!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

754boy

Sep 28, 2008
Shaw, MS
Sorry Mr cool guy, not everyone has monster hands. This peace of plastic will save my phone from ever dropping, how is that a waste of money?

Cases for phones are so ugly, especially Otterbox!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Ok lemme rephrase that...Its not a total waste of money. You're wasting only about $27. No way in hell this thing is using more than $3 worth of plastic. :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've made a review video of the awesome accessory the FlyGrip... DEFINITELY check it out! I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKNUkB9N1Yg

Use code QBKING77 for free shipping!
    You should be a pitch man, watching this was like watching one of those 15 minute infomercials. :p
    Just got mine today. I like it so far. It really makes it a lot more secure in your hand -- not that my phone was slipping out of my hands all the time before, but this is a great insurance policy. It does not add bulk to the phone at all IMO.

Does it rotate so that you can use the phone in landscape?

No, but your wrist does. Once you turn the phone sideways holding the FlyGrip, you can pretty much use it the same way as it was in portrait. At least that's how it works for me.

EDIT: Thinking about the rotation some more -- I don't even think you would want it to rotate. It would make it so that your thumb couldn't reach every part of the screen.
    I also emailed the company just to tell them how much I liked it, and the guy who created the FlyGrip emailed me back in about 3 minutes thanking me!

The fact that this can be used as a phone kickstand in portrait or landscape is amazing.
    It comes with one extra sticky pad. Flygrip. The one handed solution. This sounds like a smartphone pr0n fapping device. One hand to hold the phone, the other to grip your fly.
    I just ordered a FlyGrip today(Bold Black) and the free case as well. What kind of case is it exactly? I'm not expecting much protection wise but any images of it would be appreciated.

I mounted my flygrip to the free case they gave me (I got the free case too). You can see pictures of it earlier in this thread or click here.