*228 broke 4g?

Search This thread

Vibbix

Nov 19, 2010
Boston, MA
Nearby my house is a network extender, which has been breaking my phone whenever i get into my bedroom, always saying it's roaming. On advice from someone else with a similar issue, I was told to dial *228 to update my PRL(which is now #53397). While this ironically did fix the Network extender issue, it not prevents me from connecting to *ANY* Verizon 4G network. After realizing my mistake, I quickly tried to see if I could induce 4G, by disabling the CDMA modem. This turned out to somehow work, so the 4G Network connects just fine, and my SIM card isn't toast. It's just when under the 4G mode, I cannot connect to any 3G EvDo Rev. A network. The PRL that I know does work fine is #15287, but whose download I can't find anywhere. Is there any suggestions on how to fix this?

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
4G defiently still works, it just chooses its 3G over it every time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Get a new sim and you'll be fine. The long method is to Odin flash VRALF2 or VRALG1 stock image then reprovision your sim by dialing *2767*3855# while still on either ICS rom. This will wipe your internal storage in the process. This may not work, in which case you'll need to get a new sim card.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4