S5 Touchwiz UI for S4?

Search This thread

manast

Jan 14, 2011
Chennai
Is there any chance that Samsung will officially update the Touchwiz UI on S4 to match that of Galaxy S5?

While new Android versions have continued to be released for Galaxy S4, the UI has hardly changed. Even Note 3 has a different Touchwiz than S4. :rolleyes:

HTC on the other hand has committed to releasing the new Sense 6 for the old HTC One. :good:

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Is there any chance that Samsung will officially update the Touchwiz UI on S4 to match that of Galaxy S5?

While new Android versions have continued to be released for Galaxy S4, the UI has hardly changed. Even Note 3 has a different Touchwiz than S4. :rolleyes:

HTC on the other hand has committed to releasing the new Sense 6 for the old HTC One. :good:

Hopefully they do, theres no real reason not to, other than they want more people to buy the S5 than hang on to their S4. :p

The S3 got some of the S4 features/change when it got the last update to 4.3, so we should see some further changes, but probably not for a while as @modyt suggests.

http://www.androidpit.com/changes-brought-by-the-android-4-3-update-to-galaxy-s3

manast

Jan 14, 2011
Chennai
Yes, I had read about the updates that came to S3 with the JB 4.3 update. But if Samsung is waiting to push UI changes with a new Android version update I think it will be quite a while (December 2014 or later may be).
@modyt - Thanks for those links. If I have to root then I am looking forward to CM ROM. Hopefully the sound bug will be solved by then.

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Yes, I had read about the updates that came to S3 with the JB 4.3 update. But if Samsung is waiting to push UI changes with a new Android version update I think it will be quite a while (December 2014 or later may be).
@modyt - Thanks for those links. If I have to root then I am looking forward to CM ROM. Hopefully the sound bug will be solved by then.

Thats true, 4.4.3 looks like it is being tested at the moment by Google, so could be rolling out in the next month or so (obviously a bit longer to reach non-Nexus devices). Then there will be Google I/O in June (?) time, with the possibility of another update then. The next update could be around October/November when the Nexus 6 is likely to be released. Either way a lot of the S5 stuff has already been hacked to work on our S4, so if you're happy to go down the unofficial route for now you can. :)

modyt

Mar 11, 2013
Mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

The sound bug is gone, from what I've read. It was apparently a modem issue. And today's nightly has lots of fixes for audio recording too.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

one-option

Jan 23, 2013
HTC One M7 got the new sense 6 :good: & this is really cool from HTC where updates for their UI is released in no time, but for Samsung they are really taking so so long for official updates !!!!!

That really let me feel so bad about Samsung, they just know how to release new smartphones but then they forget to update it.