[Q] my iphone 5 was blocked help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Valencia123

Mar 19, 2009
hi, can someone help me I don't know if I am posting in the rite place not. please forgive me. it's been a while and i forgot how to use it. I use too have tilt 1 and tilt 2 my tilt 1 was t-mobile and I had att&t could not send picture messages. but when i joined your site and changed roms all my problems was fix. I have had a iphone5 for around 6 months, i did buy it used. anyways it stopped working today, i called t-mobile and they said it's been blocked for none payment of the owner who had it before. I been using the phone for 6 months without any problems and I am up to date on payment. but they said it was the owner before me, i said why did it take you 6 months to tell me this, all they said was sorry.my question is can i put another rom on my phone and will it open it like it did on my tilt. Please forgive me If I post this in the wrong place. Thanks in advance

hi, can someone help me I don't know if I am posting in the rite place not. please forgive me. it's been a while and i forgot how to use it. I use too have tilt 1 and tilt 2 my tilt 1 was t-mobile and I had att&t could not send picture messages. but when i joined your site and changed roms all my problems was fix. I have had a iphone5 for around 6 months, i did buy it used. anyways it stopped working today, i called t-mobile and they said it's been blocked for none payment of the owner who had it before. I been using the phone for 6 months without any problems and I am up to date on payment. but they said it was the owner before me, i said why did it take you 6 months to tell me this, all they said was sorry.my question is can i put another rom on my phone and will it open it like it did on my tilt. Please forgive me If I post this in the wrong place. Thanks in advance

Sounds like your phone was reported stolen by the previous owner and blacklisted on the network. You cannot install different roms on it like you can for Android. The best thing you could probably do know (unless you know the old owner and can get your money back) is to list it on eBay as "Bad ESN" and hope you can recoup your costs. There are probably ways to get around the bad ESN but that is not something you will find here.

justmpm

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 22, 2010
Jumpston Junction
Sorry I closed this thread because there isn't a lot of iPhone information on xda and iPhone threads tend to attract trolls :cool:.

I think that coolloser is correct and that T-mobile reported the phone stolen when the previous owner stopped paying T-mobile. Your only real recourse is to try and fix the issue with the previous owner or maybe T-mobile. Finally, changing the ESN of your phone to get around blacklisted numbers is illegal in most places and so is providing help for some one to do it. So please be really careful about asking about changing your ESN and please don't do it on xda.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.