[Q] OK, so im starting to feel dumb

Search This thread
Aug 6, 2014
OK so I have the sprint version of the GS3 sph-l710. and i currently have it rooted, with a twrp recovery installed, i used towel root to root the phone, and rom toolbox pro to install the recovery, doing that was difficult enough. Ive never had a phone that was this hard to do anything with, ive come to you guys 3 times now, and both orther times youve pulled through for me. so im hoping this time is the same.

My problem is that the phone will not flash a new rom, ive tried AOKP and cyanogenmod a lot of different versions of both, and it will not flash, it fails and dosnt say why, it just fails. ive been trying for days, im running android 4.4.2 atm also.

Any help?

also is safe strap a thing for the s3?

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

OK so I have the sprint version of the GS3 sph-l710. and i currently have it rooted, with a twrp recovery installed, i used towel root to root the phone, and rom toolbox pro to install the recovery, doing that was difficult enough. Ive never had a phone that was this hard to do anything with, ive come to you guys 3 times now, and both orther times youve pulled through for me. so im hoping this time is the same.

My problem is that the phone will not flash a new rom, ive tried AOKP and cyanogenmod a lot of different versions of both, and it will not flash, it fails and dosnt say why, it just fails. ive been trying for days, im running android 4.4.2 atm also.

Any help?

also is safe strap a thing for the s3?

safe strap is a thing for Verizon and just flash Philz Recovery in Odin and you'll be able to flash the newer roms :)

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

installed philz recovery, still will not flash, but tells me it failed because of a status 7 error

then it might be a bad download and which Philz did you download? the one i have that works 99% of the time is 6.48.4, Philz will generate a MD5 right before you click yes to flash something compare the MD5 to the one on the Download page to see if you have a good or bad download :) if it matches it should flash perfectly

Aug 6, 2014
then it might be a bad download and which Philz did you download? the one i have that works 99% of the time is 6.48.4, Philz will generate a MD5 right before you click yes to flash something compare the MD5 to the one on the Download page to see if you have a good or bad download :) if it matches it should flash perfectly

im running the same version of pillz touch and everything matches up, it just keeps failing for the same reason