[Q] Help me to convert my Stock JB Xperia go to any other custom JB

Search This thread

Pias94

Oct 18, 2013
Dhaka
Hello friends,
I'm using Xperia Go with stock JB version(6.2.A.1.100). The battery life of this stock rom is way too much annoying with 3G on. Example: Last night, charge was up to 82% & at morning it came down to 25%. Now think what if i use data traffic at day :eek:
I want a custom JB rom for Xperia Go with a good battery life with 3G on for some hours(which may last one day) & of course with a good ram where less important system apps are not preloaded & as much as low bug possible.
Well! The main problem is I'm not expert in these processes. So if anyone gives me a nice guideline, i will be very grateful :D

IMPORTANT: MY PHONE HAS LOCKED BOOTLOADER,I saw many people install CWM in their stock JB with locked bootloader & then convert into custom JB rom. I want to use that process, because I don't want to downgrade into ICS as I'm not an expert to do many things right :(
Seems that i want everything :p

My Phone: Xperia Go rooted with doomlord kit version 14
Build number: 6.2.A.1.100
Kernel version: 3.0.8+ (I think its the stock kernel)
My pc operating system: Windows 8

One question: When I will install CWM in my xperia before installing custom rom, will I loose every data & does unlocking bootloader wipe data?

Last edited:

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
@Pias94

In principle, unlockicking bootloader does not wipe any data, however I have seen a few posts that claimed it did.
Rooting should not wipe data waht so ever.
With that said, always backup your phone before making any changes. In any case data on internal storage will not be wiped. only data on device memory (contacts, sms, etc.)

Now to the real issue.
I tend to believe your problem is not the ROM itself, I use stock JB on my XP with decent baterry life.
First check your battery stats to see what takes most of it (no rom will change your screen battery consumption).
Second install Wakelock Detector and see which apps cause wakelocks, especialy screen wakelocks..
Rooting your device should be sufficient to let you tune it for good battery life and performance.
I see DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit is compatible with your device and firmware version and it is indeed easy rooting toolkit :)

Reactions: Pias94

PrinceRay

Jan 9, 2013
Gostivar
Well, there are plenty of JB rom's you could try it all depends on you taste.
Regarding battery life, try checking if any apps run in the background.
You can use greenify too, it's an app that hibernates apps so that they don't run all the time
or they don't run on their own and just end up wasting resources and battery.
You could also try different kernels that have different governors.
Underclocking your device below the average helps too, by allot during the long run actually.

Look around the forums, just beyond the first page, sometimes you can find some really neat stuff you might like :D

Pias94

Oct 18, 2013
Dhaka
@Pias94

In principle, unlockicking bootloader does not wipe any data, however I have seen a few posts that claimed it did.
With that said, always backup your phone before making any changes. In any case data on internal storage will not be wiped. only data on device memory (contacts, sms, etc.)

Now to the real issue.
I tend to believe your problem is not the ROM itself, I use stock JB on my XP with decent baterry life.
First check your battery stats to see what takes most of it (no rom will change your screen battery consumption).
Second install Wakelock Detector and see which apps cause wakelocks, especialy screen wakelocks..
Rooting your device should be sufficient to let you tune it for good battery life and performance.
I see DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit is compatible with your device and firmware version and it is indeed easy rooting toolkit :)

My friend,
I uploaded some screenshots. The first two photos, i uploaded the app use right after charging my mobile & in the next pair of photos are next mornings'. In between i just make a call for 10 min. Nothing else. Now say what should I do?
btw, bt the wake lock detector, i found just facebook,messenger & whatsapp which might drain some extra battery.

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
My friend,
I uploaded some screenshots. The first two photos, i uploaded the app use right after charging my mobile & in the next pair of photos are next mornings'. In between i just make a call for 10 min. Nothing else. Now say what should I do?
btw, bt the wake lock detector, i found just facebook,messenger & whatsapp which might drain some extra battery.

Are facebook,messenger & whatsapp always on in stamina prefs?
I have whatsapp, viber. facebook, tahoo messenger, and talk, set to always on in stamina prefs and I only get about 1% per hour standby drain.
Is your movile data on or are you using wifi?

I can see in battery stats the phone is awake most of the time which it' shouldn't be in standby.
Below my stats for today, you can see there very little drain for standby time. I had 5 minutes calls and a bit of data on time, and still only about 35% drain for 12, while you had 40% drain for standby time only, this need to be fixed.
I must note though I have the 98screenstate_script that cap CPU speed when screen is off.

As I said, can't change screen on drain, you can set adaptive brightness or manually low to save some juice, not much though.

We need a bit more detail to know what cause drain.
In WakelockDetector check :"statistics since unplug" in prefs.
Charge battery full, no calls or nothing till next morning, or at least a few hours with no calls or screen on, take screen shots for all 3 wakelocks (screen, cpu and wakeup triggers, battery stats + graph + screen on time.
CPU Spy plus may also help if you install it, reset timers just before you unplug the charger, and take screen shot in the morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-07-18-02-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-07-18-02-01.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 20

Pias94

Oct 18, 2013
Dhaka
Hello,
I tried to use two thing.
1."First You Setting--->APPS--->All Tab---->ECO Mode Controller (Click Clear Data and Force Stop)
Then Again you Go Setting--->APPS--->All TAP---Setting.apk (Click Clear Data and Force Stop)
Charge Your Mobile 4 to 5Hours
After 4-5 Hours While Charging That Time You Click Vol Up+Power Button( after 3 times Vibrate)
Remove Your Charger and Again Plugin Your Mobile The Sony Logo With Comes And Charging Logo has been Shown
Then Power On Your Mobile While Charging
Then Go Setting--->Power Management TURN ON BATTERY STAMINA MODE"

After that I saw that charge duration came from 10 Hour to 3 day. But i think still charge is leeching, but a little bit slow.

2. I added whatsapp, facebook, messenger & one other app(360 mobile security) to the stamina prefs as u said.
But though charge leeched from 100% to 64%.
I must say a little improvement. Because is usually go down below 50 sometimes.

My mobile data is 24/7 on.

I've added the screenshots you want.

Note: Just one call came up that time. I couldn't receive though

Attachments

• cpu.png
    cpu.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2014-01-08-11-10-40.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-08-11-10-40.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2014-01-08-11-11-11.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-08-11-11-11.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2014-01-08-11-52-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-08-11-52-24.png
    19 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2014-01-08-12-07-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-08-12-07-37.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Mobile data can cause some drain, but I think all traffic goes through wifi if wifi is available, and stamina mode supposed to turns it off when in deep sleep.

Can't make definitive conclusion, but I don't like this messenger, 490 times wakelocks. Why do you need it anyway, you can chat with facebook itself. Is the messenger in stamina active apps?
The active apps that require network can only work if wifi is connected, which apps you have there?

CPU stats look reasonable with 86% at deep sleep, and only 5% above 200MGHz.
Are you rooted, we can try and even lower that if you are.

Force stop the messanger for one day and see how it goes.
The see if turning off mobile data make a change, but don;t do both things at once so we can indentify which cause the drain, or cause most of it.

EDIT: I'll install the messenger on my phone and see if there's a change.

Pias94

Oct 18, 2013
Dhaka
Mobile data can cause some drain, but I think all traffic goes through wifi if wifi is available, and stamina mode supposed to turns it off when in deep sleep.

Can't make definitive conclusion, but I don't like this messenger, 490 times wakelocks. Why do you need it anyway, you can chat with facebook itself. Is the messenger in stamina active apps?
The active apps that require network can only work if wifi is connected, which apps you have there?

The see if turning off mobile data make a change, but don;t do both things at once so we can indentify which cause the drain, or cause most of it.

Yes,the messenger is added in stamina mode. The messenger app is so cool you know & easy to use :D
I have facebook, whatsapp, messenger, 360 mobile security & play services are in stamina mode.
Yes,the phone is rooted. But i don't know how to make the system lower.
Ok, I will stop the messenger while again full charging my phone.
You should try messenger :D

Thanks1 :)

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Yes,the messenger is added in stamina mode. The messenger app is so cool you know & easy to use :D
I have facebook, whatsapp, messenger, 360 mobile security & play services are in stamina mode.

The attached flashable zip adds init.d support and install the S98screenstate_scaling_mini, a modified version of S98screenstate_scaling.
This script caps CPU frequency and twaek CPU governor parameters. Help saving some battery when screen is off.
If you experiance problems delete the file from /etc/init.d and reboot.

Attachments

• init.d-xperia-stock.zip
    143 KB · Views: 1

Pias94

Oct 18, 2013
Dhaka
The attached flashable zip adds init.d support and install the S98screenstate_scaling_mini, a modified version of S98screenstate_scaling.
This script caps CPU frequency and twaek CPU governor parameters. Help saving some battery when screen is off.

Sorry my friend, i'm a rookie in those case. What shall i do with this file & how?
Rather I could use this apk file easily. So will this apk work?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mhuang.overclocking

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Sorry my friend, i'm a rookie in those case. What shall i do with this file & how?
Rather I could use this apk file easily. So will this apk work?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mhuang.overclocking

Yes it works, I have used it before but you wil have to set the conditions at parameters yourself, and for some reason not all parameters changed as I wanted them too, but it may be governor issue rather than the app.
I rather a simple script doint it instead.
All yuu need is to flash it in recovery.

Pias94

Oct 18, 2013
Dhaka
Yes it works, I have used it before but you wil have to set the conditions at parameters yourself, and for some reason not all parameters changed as I wanted them too, but it may be governor issue rather than the app.
I rather a simple script doint it instead.
All yuu need is to flash it in recovery.

Sorry, I've no recovery installed :( so I guess i have to use that apk file :/
Can you tell which recovery should i use for my stock doomlord rooted JB kernel?

Note: You are really helping me! Thanks! :)

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Sorry, I've no recovery installed :( so I guess i have to use that apk file :/
Can you tell which recovery should i use for my stock doomlord rooted JB kernel?

Note: You are really helping me! Thanks! :)

I have an adb version of it too, not sure how good i tested it
Extract and run install
USB debugging must be enabled of course.

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Thanks! :D
but did u try facebook messenger yet? :D

Yes I have installed it, but only had 53 alarm wakeups., facebook is on top with 76.
I had an excess drain today.... 15% for 10 hours standby :) normally Google+ won't wake so much but today its on top of CPU wakelocks with over 1 minute, second is facebook with half a minute, but I think it's an app I made that caused soe of it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Pias94

Now to the real issue.
    Well, there are plenty of JB rom's you could try it all depends on you taste.
    Regarding battery life, try checking if any apps run in the background.
    You can use greenify too, it's an app that hibernates apps so that they don't run all the time
    or they don't run on their own and just end up wasting resources and battery.
    You could also try different kernels that have different governors.
    Underclocking your device below the average helps too, by allot during the long run actually.

Look around the forums, just beyond the first page, sometimes you can find some really neat stuff you might like :D
    My friend,

Are facebook,messenger & whatsapp always on in stamina prefs?
    I have whatsapp, viber. facebook, tahoo messenger, and talk, set to always on in stamina prefs and I only get about 1% per hour standby drain.
    Is your movile data on or are you using wifi?

I can see in battery stats the phone is awake most of the time which it' shouldn't be in standby.
    Below my stats for today, you can see there very little drain for standby time. I had 5 minutes calls and a bit of data on time, and still only about 35% drain for 12, while you had 40% drain for standby time only, this need to be fixed.
    I must note though I have the 98screenstate_script that cap CPU speed when screen is off.

As I said, can't change screen on drain, you can set adaptive brightness or manually low to save some juice, not much though.

We need a bit more detail to know what cause drain.
    In WakelockDetector check :"statistics since unplug" in prefs.
    Charge battery full, no calls or nothing till next morning, or at least a few hours with no calls or screen on, take screen shots for all 3 wakelocks (screen, cpu and wakeup triggers, battery stats + graph + screen on time.
    CPU Spy plus may also help if you install it, reset timers just before you unplug the charger, and take screen shot in the morning.