[Q] Is LG G2 good?

Search This thread

saurabh_goyal93

Aug 2, 2011
I currently own a Samsung Galaxy S4. I'm thinking of bumping it up for a LG G2 32 GB D802 International Edition or a Google Nexus 5 32 GB. Which one do you think I should get? Please tell me about the G2's camera too. I went into one store to try it and it was working flawlessly but in another store, camera app was lagging so much that I couldn't even take a decent picture. Please confirm if there's an issue with the camera.

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
Not an issue for me and I haven't seen anything about the forums.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

staticx57

Aug 31, 2008
TR, NJ
The g2 camera is great especially if you want to Root it and install better even. However th g3 was just announced so I'd look into that

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007
I currently own a Samsung Galaxy S4. I'm thinking of bumping it up for a LG G2 32 GB D802 International Edition or a Google Nexus 5 32 GB. Which one do you think I should get? Please tell me about the G2's camera too. I went into one store to try it and it was working flawlessly but in another store, camera app was lagging so much that I couldn't even take a decent picture. Please confirm if there's an issue with the camera.

I think this is the most posted comparison question ever ... ever ...
This thread exists like 200 times here already...

And bumping S4 with G2 , when there is G3 out? Thats not a real bump...
I would understand if you had S2, or maybe even S3, but this is a small bump for big hassle to G2...

Either go with G3 or wait for something better?

saurabh_goyal93

Aug 2, 2011
I wanted to root my device without loosing warranty that's why I wanted to ditch the S4. Anyways, I finally bought G2 32gb variant! :)

Maritus1

Dec 14, 2013
Since when do you not loose you're warranty after rooting your Lg G2?
Why should it be any different compared to a Samsung Galaxy S4?

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Since when do you not loose you're warranty after rooting your Lg G2?
Why should it be any different compared to a Samsung Galaxy S4?

The diffence is following:

root s4 = knox warranty bit in bootloader will be setted to 0x1 and you cant set it to 0x0 so they can always proof that you rooted....

root g2 = i dont know on g2 of such security where you can proof that phone was rooted

If i get tomorow the chance to get a brand new g2 32gb for 380€ then i am soon a g2 user too cause i cant wait for OnePlus One invite... waited 1month now.... and after saw the g3 announcement there is no huge difference to g2 so why pay 200bucks more :)

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

saurabh_goyal93

Aug 2, 2011
Thank you xenix96 for answering that. That's exactly what my reply would have been. Samsung has too many security mechanisms and LG doesn't. So, that's one of the reasons I wanted to switch.

Reactions: xenix96

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
LG G2 is awesome.

Easy to mod, hack, Xposed. This is the first phone I've EVER used where the Stock Rom experience is amazing. Since the Nexus One, I've always ran CM or AOKP. But now I just Root and run Xposed for a few Center Clock, Icon, Battery tweaks.

Honestly out of the S5, M8, and Z2, the G2 is a perfect combination of screen, physical size, battery, features.

That said, the G3 will be out soon that has a slightly bumped up CPU (same CPU just revised [800vs801]) and a slightly larger screen (5.5 vs 5.2) and a higher resolution. Sounds nice on paper but the larger screen and increased resolution and slightly overclocked CPU will only dampen battery life, which is where the G2 is king of the world.

The G2 with a 1080 screen and a pixel DPI of 480, the screen is just fine. I'd rather have the additional battery life.

Reactions: xenix96

thehaman

May 15, 2014
LG G2 is awesome.

Easy to mod, hack, Xposed. This is the first phone I've EVER used where the Stock Rom experience is amazing. Since the Nexus One, I've always ran CM or AOKP. But now I just Root and run Xposed for a few Center Clock, Icon, Battery tweaks.

Honestly out of the S5, M8, and Z2, the G2 is a perfect combination of screen, physical size, battery, features.

That said, the G3 will be out soon that has a slightly bumped up CPU (same CPU just revised [800vs801]) and a slightly larger screen (5.5 vs 5.2) and a higher resolution. Sounds nice on paper but the larger screen and increased resolution and slightly overclocked CPU will only dampen battery life, which is where the G2 is king of the world.

The G2 with a 1080 screen and a pixel DPI of 480, the screen is just fine. I'd rather have the additional battery life.

You sir, have just convinced me to upgrade my s3 to the G2. Thanks!

lambertoid

May 25, 2014
The g2 I can honestly say is awesome I got mine 2 weeks ago and I came from the z1s I love this compared to z1s the screen feel in the hand and speed the camera is also awesome and for the price you can't go wrong I love the back buttons. I didn't like the s5 the m8 was to tall and camera was poor to me the z2 well let's just say I had the z1s and didn't like all the bezzles nor the fact there still on 4.3 on the z1s. Go for the g2 it's awesome

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

rogconnect

Dec 16, 2010
Sin City
Never be so happy as b4 when I ditched my Samsung Galaxy note 1 for LG G2 LS980 2 week ago. No more lagging and love the battery life and the built in FAST Charging(Not from the kernel). Simply love it!

saurabh_goyal93

Aug 2, 2011
Never be so happy as b4 when I ditched my Samsung Galaxy note 1 for LG G2 LS980 2 week ago. No more lagging and love the battery life and the built in FAST Charging(Not from the kernel). Simply love it!

I know, right? Battery life is simply superb. Around 4 hours of screen on time, with 1 hour of voice calls and still 50% battery remaining. My previous phone, Samsung Galaxy S4, would have completely drained out by now.

Yes!! We can be g2 buddies! Mines coming in on Monday =)
I'm upgrading to a g2 from a s3 tomorrow!

Awesome, I got mine yesterday!! :) And I'm just loving it.

shubh_007

Jun 4, 2012
Mumbai
I know, right? Battery life is simply superb. Around 4 hours of screen on time, with 1 hour of voice calls and still 50% battery remaining. My previous phone, Samsung Galaxy S4, would have completely drained out by now.

Awesome, I got mine yesterday!! :) And I'm just loving it.

Which one did you get 16gb or 32gb? And for how much?

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

shubh_007

Jun 4, 2012
Mumbai
Currently you pay around online for 16gb = 330€ and for 32gb = 399€.
i will get my lg g2 32gb for 380€ from local store here.

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the reply. But I quoted him because he is Indian. So I'll get the exact price. It's pretty cheap in your region though.

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you xenix96 for answering that. That's exactly what my reply would have been. Samsung has too many security mechanisms and LG doesn't. So, that's one of the reasons I wanted to switch.
    LG G2 is awesome.

The G2 with a 1080 screen and a pixel DPI of 480, the screen is just fine.

Correction: LG G2 has 423 dpi.
    Anyways, I totally agree, anything beyond 1080p is not required. Even the difference between 720p and 1080p isn't noticeable during normal/daily usage. Battery life is something which is much more important.
    That doesn't mean there is no rootchecker at the bootloader. There is, but it's not as persistent as Samsung's KNOX and it can be reset by flashing a stock ROM.

Yeah, exactly! Currently, there's no way to beat Samsung KNOX on Android 4.4 KitKat ROMs. Just because of KNOX, I'm never going to buy a Samsung Device again. I just cannot live without rooting. Changing the dpi of the phone is very important to me.