Galaxy Nexus Indian Thread [Reviews, Support and More]

Search This thread

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
Its embarrassing to know Samsung still hasn't released this phone even-though its April. I wanted to get this one but didn't want to get it from Ebay or grey market due to warranty issues.

As of now I am waiting to see how SGSIII would be from Samsung

android01

Apr 20, 2010
Toronto
I resent that.
It disgusts me to see the huge contributions of Indians to the software industry overlooked because of the ****ty accents of some uneducated call Centre executives, and to see the whole Chinese manufacturing industry discredited because people expect cheap knockoff products to work as well as the originals. It just reflects on your narrow mindedness. No flaming intended, just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Thank you come again my friend!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Pat123

Oct 11, 2006
Mumbai
There r not much Galaxy Nexus users in India :( because of that we don't get official Samsung accessories.
I bought it way back in November when it was launched in UK, I should have bought the car dock but it was not release yet. Now it costs more than the dock to ship it to India.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Not available on eBay?
Btw, I am still waiting for my GNex! Should get it either today or tomorrow! Excited :D

Pat123

Oct 11, 2006
Mumbai
^^4.0.2! Unlocked the bootloader and rooted it within an hour of getting the phone :p

Will be trying out custom ROMs soon! Which one do you use?

poxitee

Apr 15, 2012
Bangalore
I have finally ordered for a galaxy nexus in ebay, it will be shipped from singapore via fedex.

Can anyone tell me whether I will have to pay any tax or anything? I moved here(bangalore) recently and its my first time importing after moving.

Will fedex bring the phone to my door step or I will have to go to their office to collect it?

people with experience please reply...

reddead66

Feb 10, 2011
does anyone has any idea about if samsung will be launching the Gnex in India or not??
i was looking forward to this phone.......

ps:i do know its available on ebay....

TheAceGuy

Apr 18, 2011
Gurgaon
Ace --> Nexus...

Hi Guys,

I am also thinking of joining the same group, as I have just fallen in love with this beauty of a phone. Currently looking for options that seem most secure as it can't be bought off a nearby store in India (I wanted to annihilate Samsung for that :mad:).

Dude I know these guys are power sellers and all, but is it really safe to get it shipped from them? And how much time do you think they take to get it shipped?

---------- Post added 16th April 2012 at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was 15th April 2012 at 11:43 PM ----------

As I haven't ordered my phone yet, I was hoping to get some advice from you guys. Which seems to be the more good to look at color for the Nexus, Black or White? I was thinking of going for white, but I was also thinking that it might catch dirt faster? I know this seems like a lame question but can anyone who has used both help me out? :D

heartblasts

Jan 22, 2011
Bangalore
I have purchased from ebay Indian seller and it came to my hand in two days with fully sealed condition.
It from German

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Pat123

Oct 11, 2006
Mumbai
I have finally ordered for a galaxy nexus in ebay, it will be shipped from singapore via fedex.

Can anyone tell me whether I will have to pay any tax or anything? I moved here(bangalore) recently and its my first time importing after moving.

Will fedex bring the phone to my door step or I will have to go to their office to collect it?

people with experience please reply...

Custom duty on phones is 2.3% of "Customs"-assessed value of the phone. Pretty sure you will have to pay that. If you haven't ordered it yet, I would suggest buying from an Indian seller and not get into customs and all those head-aches unless the seller is taking the responsibility for it.

Reactions: poxitee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Re: Indian Galaxy Nexus users

Happy Republic Day To All ...... Jai Hind
    epegepe7.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Guys, 'Sygic & Mapmyindia : GPS' app is currently available free on Google Play. This is the best navigation app for India, with offline maps. I have no idea whether it's their planned giveaway or a temporary glitch. Grab it before it's too late. The actual price of the app was Rs.1,399.

Information credit: Andr0idfreak

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sygic.aura_mmi

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    +1

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Anyone else also using power toggles app ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Yep I am it's awesome
    My friend always boast about the shortcuts he gets in his s2 notification bar until I got this awesome app

Let me point out a few more popular and useful must app for nexus
    1) swipepad
    2) nova prime
    3) lux dash
    4) Google gesture
    5) drippler
    6) battery monitor widget
    7) get apk market
    8) light flow
    9)Llama & tasker
    10)MD Scan
    11) nexus 4 dot wallpaper
    12)prox pro
    13)tsf shell 3d
    14)super video

These are a few apps I like
    so thought of sharing
    Guys do post your favorite apps of Gnexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    Repaired broken USB port and Microphone

I had posted here sometime back. My USB port had gone dead and i gave it to Samsung to fix. They kept my phone for about a month and a half and managed to repair the USB but broke my mic. I decided not to rely on them to fix the mic and ordered a USB Flex cable from eBay (This has the internal microphone assembly on it as well). On receiving the part, i took it back to Sammy and stood in front of the guy while he replaced the cable for me. All done, my phone is back now.

I wanted to share this information with you guys because thanks to XDA and some fantastic resources available on the internet, I managed to figure out the source and the solution to my problem. I took this phone to 3 different repair shops in Pune and they all said different things were broken. (One guy offered to dip my main board in some sort of "solution" saying that works sometimes. I RAN as fast as i could!). If anyone needs any help, about something like this, PM me. Id be glad to help.

Cheers!

So does that mean that my device being a yakjuxw will get updates soon?

Um, no, will have to be on a yakju firmware. yakjuxw devices are updated by Samsung, so will probably take time to get JB. Only takju and yakju devices are getting the updates right now. You can use the Wugfresh Toolkit to flash to a yakju image and then get the update to JB.

Guys is it safe to restore titanium backups across different phones? Can I restore my user apps and their data from S2 to nexus without breaking anything?

Yes, completely safe, just don't restore any system app data or settings. Only restore user apps and their data. I have transferred my apps across my Galaxy S to the Xperia neo V to the Galaxy Nexus. Not a problem :)