[Q] ZL keeps shutting off: simplified answer ?

Search This thread

sonyZLhelp

Aug 9, 2014
after suddenly turning off during skype for first occurance after 13months of usage, within 2weeks phone is useless. next thing to crash was maps, then text and finally as soon as phone loads to homescreen it immediately turns off. the battery takes charge and shows 100%. its out of warranty so just want to know exact reason so i can figure out if its inexpensive solution at repair store or few hundred dollars which means its done. fyi, i cannot do any computer fixes, im not software savvy, would just appreciate guidance prior to evaluate if feasable to get it operating again, thanks !

gomogi

Oct 5, 2010
Are you reflash new rom? Maybe battery calibration not inccurate. You can try battery calibrating

Sent from my Xperia ZL using XDA Free mobile app

sonyZLhelp

Aug 9, 2014
thanks for idea. I wouldnt know how to do that and the fact that the phone turns-off as soon as it restarts makes anything difficult to do. I will use this suggestion and maybe more if there is extra replies to someone who has the ability to do these functions .
Are you reflash new rom? Maybe battery calibration not inccurate. You can try battery calibrating

Sent from my Xperia ZL using XDA Free mobile app

Oct 6, 2010
ahmedabad
zl

this is major hardware problem in xperia zl if its in warranty kindly get new zl or request them to give xperia z...because this problem will come in another new xperia zl also...i already faced this problem in my 2 newly replaced xperia zl now they are giving me new xperia z...

LaZiODROID

Feb 6, 2011
Toronto
this is major hardware problem in xperia zl if its in warranty kindly get new zl or request them to give xperia z...because this problem will come in another new xperia zl also...i already faced this problem in my 2 newly replaced xperia zl now they are giving me new xperia z...

Agreed. The ZL's battery has problems. Get in touch with Sony or buy a new battery and change it yourself (which isn't too hard but you must be careful in there. I changed the battery on a friend's ZL and it was glued very well. Took quite a bit of force).

sonyZLhelp

Aug 9, 2014
thanks for the comments! the phone is out of warranty by 1month. i will call sony and report the problem and they better do something since it was $650 and i could of got a S4 like all my friends and still had a working good phone! i'll post what happens.