Quiet microphone in Snapchat

Search This thread

jaw2floor

Jan 8, 2012
Hi there

When recording videos with Snapchat, the sound is way too quiet. When using other apps like voice recorder or the camera app, it works fine. I also recently replaced the battery cover

I suspect the issue is something regarding which microphone Snapchat uses. Maybe the the mic doesn't function properly without the noice cancellation mic, which Snapchat may not utilise etc.

Does anyone else have this issue? Does anyone know how to fix it?

heres some more info on the problem: snapchat only records audio with the top mic on this phone, which is probably supposed to be used for noise cancellation. this issue is not apparent in all non-sense roms, like cm10.2 and aosp based romps; the mouthpiece mic is used to record audio so the audio works fine. but then in custom roms the camera profile is different, so it is not possible to record 10 second videos in snapchat. it stop recording at about 6 seconds. heres more info on the 2nd issue: https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-2343.

Thanks

Last edited:

ssiiggaa

Oct 30, 2012
Hi there

When recording videos with Snapchat, the sound is way too quiet. When using other apps like voice recorder or the camera app, it works fine. I also recently replaced the battery cover

I suspect the issue is something regarding which microphone Snapchat uses. Maybe the the mic doesn't function properly without the noice cancellation mic, which Snapchat may not utilise etc.

Does anyone else have this issue? Does anyone know how to fix it?

heres some more info on the problem: snapchat only records audio with the top mic on this phone, which is probably supposed to be used for noise cancellation. this issue is not apparent in all non-sense roms, like cm10.2 and aosp based romps; the mouthpiece mic is used to record audio so the audio works fine. but then in custom roms the camera profile is different, so it is not possible to record 10 second videos in snapchat. it stop recording at about 6 seconds. heres more info on the 2nd issue: https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-2343.
Thanks

Heey .. I've the same problem with my HTC ONE X ... this is what I dislike about Android in general, each phone has its own running kinda system, yet all android apps are the same in every device despite the differences.

jaw2floor

Jan 8, 2012
Heey .. I've the same problem with my HTC ONE X ... this is what I dislike about Android in general, each phone has its own running kinda system, yet all android apps are the same in every device despite the differences.

Unless you own a Nexus, GPe, or soon a "Silver" certified device. Something maybe to consider when purchasing my next phone