[ROM][LRX21V] Nexus Experience AOSP (android-5.0.0_r7) for Nexus 4 [R6.0 - 25Nov]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

andersonaragao

Jun 30, 2013
Nova Iguaçu
covern5experience.png

Recommended by AndroidPIT!
http://www.androidpit.com/how-to-get-android-5-0-lollipop-for-nexus-4

Features

• This is built from latest Lollipop Sources (Tag android-5.0.0_r7)
  • ROM + GAPPS (Ported from Nexus 6 dump)
  • Multirom support
  • Full Nexus 5/6 Experience since the first boot with Google Launcher, Stock Wallpapers including the default Nexus 6/9 wallpaper, Ringtones and Stock apps
  • Pre-rooted and Permissive Kernel: Just flash SuperSU 2.19 to get Root working!
  • Ambient display
  • Backup and Restore Services working
  • Location Services working

For those who are upgrading a Release, don't wipe ANYTHING! Just flash it. This works like a charm!

Changelog, download and support

G+ Community

How to Install

1. Make sure you have the latest CWM or TWRP recovery
  2. Copy the Rom zip file to Internal Storage
  3. Backup your files and data (if you like, backup Data, System and Boot with Recovery)
  4. If you are updating it, just flash it, don't wipe ANYTHING. If this is your first time on it and want a clean install to get no erros (but it's not needed), Wipe Dalvik Cache, System, Data, Cache (and if you are on TWRP, after this, go to Mount and uncheck System to get no errors)
  5. Flash the Rom
  6. Restart and Setup this

If someone have any issues, please report in G+ Community!

ROM SOURCE: https://bitbucket.org/nexusexperience

Special Thanks to
All Developers of XDA Forum for for sharing information

And if you like my work, press Thanks! :good:

And if you want to give me a coffee, click here. I'll be happy!

Screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-08-00-58-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-08-00-58-50.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 39,855
  • Screenshot_2014-11-06-00-50-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-00-50-39.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 39,059
  • Screenshot_2014-11-06-00-50-52.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-00-50-52.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 38,007
  • Screenshot_2014-11-06-00-51-00.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-00-51-00.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 36,097
  • Screenshot_2014-11-06-00-51-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-00-51-28.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 37,054
  • Screenshot_2014-11-06-23-22-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-23-22-57.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 36,640
  • Screenshot_2014-11-06-23-24-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-23-24-55.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 37,370
  • Screenshot_2014-11-07-23-58-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-07-23-58-22.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 36,345
Last edited:

ambuj

Oct 24, 2008
Chennai
Downloading now. Will give it a try. Just one question do you know why I don't get LTE ever, even when I am using hybrid radio and 4G Sim and I am on LTE coverage area. Its kind of off- topic but just wanted to ask. Will give feedback after using this ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

luiseteyo

Oct 24, 2011
Madrid
Thanks for your efforts, and I don't want to misvalue your work but we already have an advanced nexus 5 PORT. Are you going to set up some advanced settings or something like that in this rom? Are you going to add more features?

andersonaragao

Jun 30, 2013
Nova Iguaçu
Thanks for your efforts, and I don't want to misvalue your work but we already have an advanced nexus 5 PORT. Are you going to set up some advanced settings or something like that in this rom? Are you going to add more features?

This is not a port, it is based on the Nexus 4 Factory Image but bringing the user experience of the Nexus 5 and integrated root on rooted version. My idea is to easy the installation of a rom without flashing other zip files with the bootloader and radio, mods to get Nexus 5 transparency and launcher or root. To help users with less experience on flashing files. And I'm always updating it with the latest GAPPS to get less space in the internal storage.

Last edited:

andersonaragao

Jun 30, 2013
Nova Iguaçu
Downloading now. Will give it a try. Just one question do you know why I don't get LTE ever, even when I am using hybrid radio and 4G Sim and I am on LTE coverage area. Its kind of off- topic but just wanted to ask. Will give feedback after using this ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I don't know what might be happening. Try using this version and enable 4g in Settings > More... > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > 4G

nvwieren

Feb 8, 2008
Hangs on first boot (Google logo)

Hi, I've installed the rooted version (no LTE) and now it hangs on first boot.

Wipe data/cache + dalvik and installed as usual.

andersonaragao

Jun 30, 2013
Nova Iguaçu
Hi, I've installed the rooted version (no LTE) and now it hangs on first boot.

Wipe data/cache + dalvik and installed as usual.

I tested it over 30 times, including'm using this version because it does not have LTE here! And had no error on first boot. Try to reinstall again and post the results. See if you're using TWRP, if you unmount the system partition.

debnath

Mar 29, 2011
This looks cool. I am as well running the nexus 5 port. Will switch to this one only if I have sufficient reasons. Perhaps if the answers to my questions are all in yes :p

1. Can we enable ART?
2. Does titanium backup and whatsapp work with ART enabled?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cmoore1115

andersonaragao

Jun 30, 2013
Nova Iguaçu
This looks cool. I am as well running the nexus 5 port. Will switch to this one only if I have sufficient reasons. Perhaps if the answers to my questions are all in yes :p

1. Can we enable ART?
2. Does titanium backup and whatsapp work with ART enabled?

ART is working on both versions. But Whatsapp and Titanium Backup doesn't support ART for now. But I'm already uploading the Release 1.1 with Dalvik Library updated from Moto X and ART Library updated to allow installation of Whatsapp. Wait a few minutes.

Reactions: algorhythm

debnath

Mar 29, 2011
ART is working on both versions. But Whatsapp and Titanium Backup doesn't support ART for now. But I'm already uploading the Release 1.1 with Dalvik Library updated from Moto X and ART Library updated to allow installation of Whatsapp. Wait a few minutes.

Cool... However I have whatsapp running with ART. I wonder when the devs will be out with appropriate release with ART support .This very thing has been bugging me pretty bad lately :(

debnath

Mar 29, 2011
Yes, I'm not running the system on ART because I use a lot the Rdio and it's doesn't support ART too.

Yaar, but did you check out the performance of ART? I've turned off a couple of animations and have ART enabled. The apps open as if the CPU is on fire.. The speed is suppa blazin.. :D

theadmiralcs

Nov 16, 2009
Barnsley
installed the rooted version on the N4 Ive just received. Looking good so far, however I do get a crash on Play newstand on first setup - no issue really but its just one :)
Not using ART as Titanium doesnt work on it yet and i need to restore my apps :)

andersonaragao

Jun 30, 2013
Nova Iguaçu
installed the rooted version on the N4 Ive just received. Looking good so far, however I do get a crash on Play newstand on first setup - no issue really but its just one :)
Not using ART as Titanium doesnt work on it yet and i need to restore my apps :)

Yes. Play Newstand is geting FC but its a bug of Newstand with new installation. I'm reverted it to Play Magazines on Release 1.1. I'm uploading it.

Xetium

Jun 9, 2012
London
Are there any plans on making a deodexed version?

Love the great work of all the Nexus 4 developers,makes me think whether I want to upgrade or not :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Features

• This is built from latest Lollipop Sources (Tag android-5.0.0_r7)
    • ROM + GAPPS (Ported from Nexus 6 dump)
    • Multirom support
    • Full Nexus 5/6 Experience since the first boot with Google Launcher, Stock Wallpapers including the default Nexus 6/9 wallpaper, Ringtones and Stock apps
    • Pre-rooted and Permissive Kernel: Just flash SuperSU 2.19 to get Root working!
    • Ambient display
    • Backup and Restore Services working
    • Location Services working

For those who are upgrading a Release, don't wipe ANYTHING! Just flash it. This works like a charm!

Changelog, download and support

G+ Community

How to Install

1. Make sure you have the latest CWM or TWRP recovery
    2. Copy the Rom zip file to Internal Storage
    3. Backup your files and data (if you like, backup Data, System and Boot with Recovery)
    4. If you are updating it, just flash it, don't wipe ANYTHING. If this is your first time on it and want a clean install to get no erros (but it's not needed), Wipe Dalvik Cache, System, Data, Cache (and if you are on TWRP, after this, go to Mount and uncheck System to get no errors)
    5. Flash the Rom
    6. Restart and Setup this

Special Thanks to

And if you like my work, press Thanks! :good:

And if you want to give me a coffee, click here. I'll be happy!

Screenshots
    New version

New version 5.4: https://plus.google.com/+AndersonAragãoDev/posts/jBAzEPcE2qv

Changelog:

• *Based on tag android-5.0.0_r6 (LRX21T) from AOSP sources
    • *Full Nexus Experience from Google Factory images including GAPPS
    • *Permissive Kernel (Just flash Latest Chainfire SuperSU to get Root)
    • *Ambient Display Option in Settings > Display
    • *Reboot, Airplane mode and Sound options in Power menu
    • *Quick Settings panel pull down with one finger on Status bar extreme top right
    • *Native battery percentage in >Display > Status bar
    • *Network traffic in Settings > Display > Status bar
    • *Navigation bar height in Settings > Display > Navigation bar
    • *Status bar Clock and date customization in Settings > Display > Status bar
    • *Timeout and instant lock options in Swipe screen lock
    • *0.75 and 0.25 animation transition modes
    • *Show application's package name in the "App info" screen
    • *SuperSU in Settings if SuperSU is installed
    • *Filter spam notifications in Settings > Battery > Battery saver
    • *Advanced options for Input methods in Settings > Language and input
    • *Volume rocker wake up in Settings > Display
    • *Wake up device if charger is plugged/unplugged in Settings > Display
    • *Safe headset volume, Less annoying sound notification and Option to use volume keys to control media volume anytime in Settings > Sound > Advanced options
    • *NX features translations in over 10 languages

Thanks to @andersonaragao

This is not a port, it is based on the Nexus 4 Factory Image but bringing the user experience of the Nexus 5 and integrated root on rooted version. My idea is to easy the installation of a rom without flashing other zip files with the bootloader and radio, mods to get Nexus 5 transparency and launcher or root. To help users with less experience on flashing files. And I'm always updating it with the latest GAPPS to get less space in the internal storage.
    New Version it's up!

Android 5.0 AOSP (android-5.0.0_r7 - LRX21V) with GAPPS Release 5.5 for Nexus 4.

Donate to @andersonaragao here >> http://goo.gl/kA8lY4

VERY IMPORTANT: Due to changes in GAPPS, I recommend make a Clean install, because you can get FC's with dirty flash but if you want to try a dirty install, you can try this trick to solve FC's >> https://plus.google.com/100274597225706087449/posts/f7ASRtHR48i

Nexus 4 - Release 5.5:

Download: http://corte.us/235297
    Mirror: http://corte.us/987477

Changelog:

Features in Release 5.5 :

• *Based on tag android-5.0.0_r7 (LRX21V) from AOSP sources
    • *Full Nexus Experience from Google Factory images
    • *Permissive Kernel (Just flash Latest Chainfire SuperSU to get Root)
    • *Ambient Display Option in Settings > Display
    • *Reboot, Airplane mode and Sound options in Power menu
    • *Quick Settings panel pull down with one finger on Status bar extreme top right
    • *Native battery percentage in >Display > Status bar
    • *Network traffic in Settings > Display > Status bar
    • *Navigation bar height in Settings > Display > Navigation bar
    • *Status bar Clock and date customization in Settings > Display > Status bar
    • *Timeout and instant lock options in Swipe screen lock
    • *0.75 and 0.25 animation transition modes
    • *Show application's package name in the "App info" screen
    • *SuperSU in Settings if SuperSU is installed
    • *Filter spam notifications in Settings > Battery > Battery saver
    • *Advanced options for Input methods in Settings > Language and input
    • *Volume rocker wake up in Settings > Display
    • *Wake up device if charger is plugged/unplugged in Settings > Display
    • *Safe headset volume, Less annoying sound notification and Option to use volume keys to control media volume anytime in Settings > Sound > Advanced options
    • *NX features translations in over 10 languages
    • *New way to install: Flash ROM + GAPPS and on next updates you need to download and flash only ROM
    • *Advanced reboot options in Settings > Developer options
    • *Long press back to kill app option in Settings > Developer options
    • *Fixes in manually update of GAPPS
    • *Updated Google Play Services in GAPPS. Comes with Trusted Places
    • *Fixes in Dialer
    • *Backup scripts: Support Backup script of GAPPS, SuperSU and custom scripts

Special Thanks to

Hello again Sir,

I have the privilege of asking you to update your sources with the proper commit history or have your work removed from XDA.

You say "Special Thanks to All Developers of XDA Forum for sharing information" but forking another developers repo and then cleaning out all the change history and making it look like you did all the work is not allowed on XDA and you know this.

I have given you chances in the past to fix your licensing issues concerning your distributing others work as your own.
    THIS MUST STOP!!!! Or you will be forced to use G+ as your only forum for the sharing of stolen work.

If you do not know what I am talking about then read this before you make yourself look noobish...
    4. Redistribution. You may reproduce and distribute copies of the Work or Derivative Works thereof in any medium, with or without modifications, and in Source or Object form, provided that You meet the following conditions:

You must give any other recipients of the Work or Derivative Works a copy of this License; and
    You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices stating that You changed the files; and
    You must retain, in the Source form of any Derivative Works that You distribute, all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices from the Source form of the Work, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works; and
    If the Work includes a "NOTICE" text file as part of its distribution, then any Derivative Works that You distribute must include a readable copy of the attribution notices contained within such NOTICE file, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works, in at least one of the following places: within a NOTICE text file distributed as part of the Derivative Works; within the Source form or documentation, if provided along with the Derivative Works; or, within a display generated by the Derivative Works, if and wherever such third-party notices normally appear. The contents of the NOTICE file are for informational purposes only and do not modify the License. You may add Your own attribution notices within Derivative Works that You distribute, alongside or as an addendum to the NOTICE text from the Work, provided that such additional attribution notices cannot be construed as modifying the License.

You may add Your own copyright statement to Your modifications and may provide additional or different license terms and conditions for use, reproduction, or distribution of Your modifications, or for any such Derivative Works as a whole, provided Your use, reproduction, and distribution of the Work otherwise complies with the conditions stated in this License.

The Apache license in the whole is found here.....http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

This license requires ALL previous changes to be given their proper credits.
    I received a large amount of evidence that this ROM is in violation of the XDA Rules by not complying with the license requirements.

Using others work as your own is a huge ethical and moral issue for yourself to resolve. And to ask for donations for such work may be considered illegal.
    We at XDA are here to preserve the works & rights of our developers and to ensure that unscrupulous users will not take advantage of our site.
    @andersonaragao I am giving you 48 hours to resolve all issues of having others work re-branded as your own,
    Or your XDA account will be reviewed for removal.
    You can remove all of the downloads and request closing of threads to meet the 48 hour timeline while you make the proper changes.

For users that do not understand this stuff, I am sorry.
    But the license and the Rules are the XDA rule of law and they need to followed.
    If you have questions or comments please do your research before asking me via PM.
    I do not want any PMs saying "why did you close this awesome ROM thread, it's my favorite!!"
    If you have information that will help in my decision please send it.

Thread closed