[Q] Saferoot question

Search This thread

Verynoob1

Apr 2, 2014
Hello,

I tried to root my S4 I545, MK2 with version 4.3 on the Verizon network using the saferoot method however when I go to run the program by pushing any button to continue the black command screen disappears and the program does not run. Anybody else have this problem?
I have Kies 3 loaded and my phone is recognized
I have tried with USB Debugging on and off
I have used the stock cable that came with the phone
I tried on two computers one with vista and windows 7.
Adb recognizes my device using the view device command. I am not sure what else there is to do any suggestions? Am I missing something I thought I followed the instructions pretty good.
Thanks

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Hello,

I tried to root my S4 I545, MK2 with version 4.3 on the Verizon network using the saferoot method however when I go to run the program by pushing any button to continue the black command screen disappears and the program does not run. Anybody else have this problem?
Adb recognizes my device using the view device command. I am not sure what else there is to do any suggestions? Am I missing something I thought I followed the instructions pretty good.
Thanks

It seems that something may be missing on your computer that the install.bat file is looking for, causing it to exit.
You might be able to tell what's happening if you start up a command prompt window and run the install.bat from there.

Unzip the saferoot zip file into c:\saferoot\

For windows 7, press the start key and type "cmd" in the "Search programs and files" box. "cmd.exe" should appear. Click on that to open a command prompt.

at the command prompt, type
then press enter.

then type
Press enter and the install will run. The window will remain open so you can see whatever error is being emitted.

Reactions: Verynoob1

Verynoob1

Apr 2, 2014
It seems that something may be missing on your computer that the install.bat file is looking for, causing it to exit.
You might be able to tell what's happening if you start up a command prompt window and run the install.bat from there.

For windows 7, press the start key and type "cmd" in the "Search programs and files" box. "cmd.exe" should appear. Click on that to open a command prompt.

then press enter.

then type

Press enter and the install will run. The window will remain open so you can see whatever error is being emitted.

It worked Saferoot installed!! Now I need to explore all that I can do on my new rooted phone.:) Thanks

Verynoob1

Apr 2, 2014
Hmm. I'm wondering if you had an out-of-date copy of saferoot from somewhere.
Did you download the saferoot zip from the Android Development forum here?
k1mu,
I think it was operator error on my part. Before I tried your suggestion I re-installed Saferoot to my c:drive opened it up an ran it with no problem.

I don't remember if I did that the first time as I tried to root from two different computers. The first time I tried was on my win 7 computer and I could not get it to run. I then I switch to my Vista system and tried to run Saferoot from that system again with no luck. On the Vista system I tried to save Saferoot to my c:drive and I could not because I got an error that I didn't have admin rights to load the file. At that point I gave up.

What I think happened is I didn't download Saferoot to my c: drive on my win 7 computer and after reading your suggestion I tried again and it worked. So I didn't load from the cmd prompt, I guess I should have mentioned that. Hope I am making sense.

FYI I used the Saferoot file dated 29 Mar 2014 from the Android Development forum. Thanks again!

peppersu812

Mar 16, 2012
Douglasville, GA
I rooted my phone. I'm new to this safestrap thing. I can reboot my phone and see it says Samsung and a lock that says custom underneath. I hit menu and nothing happens. What in the world do I do???

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Oishikatta

Mar 16, 2014

peppersu812

Mar 16, 2012
Douglasville, GA
I used saferoot. I tried to download safestrap and I used my file manager to open it up and it was all documents. How do I install the thing. Lol

Verynoob1

Apr 2, 2014
You just need to follow the directions in the thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2441441

It's always best to read the full post before doing anything.

That's why I posted in here. I did what it said and downloaded it to my phone and tried to open it and it was all documents. No app.
I am having a problem with loading Safestrap I think. I downloaded Safestrap to my phone from the above link and I was able to hit the install recovery tab and I received a message stating that Safestrap installed. However the state on my phone reads not installed and I cannot run reboot to recovery not sure what the problem is. I ran the install a couple of time just to be sure.:confused:

peppersu812

Mar 16, 2012
Douglasville, GA
I am having a problem with loading Safestrap I think. I downloaded Safestrap to my phone from the above link and I was able to hit the install recovery tab and I received a message stating that Safestrap installed. However the state on my phone reads not installed and I cannot run reboot to recovery not sure what the problem is. I ran the install a couple of time just to be sure.:confused:

I got it to install. Made a dumb move and didn't download the right one. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Thanks

then press enter.

then type