[ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean - N7100 [Build v8.0][+WEEKLIES]

Search This thread

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 5a
I've got a problem with the camera ... in that I have no camera. If I try to open it I get a box pop up saying "Camera error - Can't connect to the camera".

Coming from Omega V11 (where my camera worked) I did a full wipe (factory reset, wipe cache/dalvik cache and formatted system) and installed the N7100 device file and the inverted gapps package. I reinstalled a bunch of apps with Titanium Backup, and have since rebooted several times and run fix permissions in the recovery (TWRP v2.3.3.2). Still on the stock kernel.

Any thoughts what the problem might be? If need be I guess I can always start again from scratch and see if the camera works as soon as it boots for the first time.

Also - the OP thanks simone201 in the credits for helping quite a bit. As the kernel is a slimbean kernel, does this by any chance mean that the kernel would be modelled on simone201's neak kernel? I'm curious as when the slimbean started compiling their own kernels, on the I9000 they had the source for Stratosk's excellent Semaphore kernel and compiled that. If I remember correctly that is - don't shoot me if I am wrong. I started trying the neak kernel out on Omega v11 only 24 hours ago and it was giving me smoother performance than perseus, which was in turn giving me smoother performance than stock. I'd be happy if neak was the base for the slimbean kernel :)

Which version of this ROM did you install ? There were some camera connection issues on prior versions but I have not had that on the later version.

See one of the posts above but I would suggest using the Slim_Gapps and not one of the other Gapps, like you suggested you did.

As for the kernel - the OP will have to answer for sure but I pretty sure that the "stock" kernel is not a Neak based kernel. Certainly uNeak app doesn't recognize it as such. I have installed the Neak kernel to allow for some additional volume control - my headset and speaker were to quiet.

Reactions: Weetbix

Weetbix

Feb 1, 2010
Kariong
Which version of this ROM did you install ? There were some camera connection issues on prior versions but I have not had that on the later version.

The version linked in the 2nd post - Slim Bean UNOFFICIAL RC 1.1 Build 01/24 - 0857

See one of the posts above but I would suggest using the Slim_Gapps and not one of the other Gapps, like you suggested you did./QUOTE]

By "inverted apps package" I meant The_real_dark_SLIM_gapps.zip that can be found here at slimroms.net. In the past this was always an officially acceptable substitute for Slim_gapps.zip ... I guess I just assumed it would be on this version as well.

If I end up by going back and installing again from scratch I will try the non-inverted version.

EDIT: I did go back and reinstall from scratch with the non-inverted g-apps. Tried the camera immediatelyafter the google account setup, and got the same error. Logcat attached...

Attachments

• logcat_0.txt
    6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

aamitabh28

Oct 9, 2012
Re: [ROM][4.2.1] Slim Bean - N7100 [UNOFFICIAL - RC 1.1][<95MB!]

This rom us absolutely fantasgic... So clean.. Soo customisable.. Absolutely a treat and everything works flawlessely too!
Thanks dev!
Stylus gestures are not working for me though
Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: kryptoner

blorro

Oct 21, 2008
Gävle
The version linked in the 2nd post - Slim Bean UNOFFICIAL RC 1.1 Build 01/24 - 0857

See one of the posts above but I would suggest using the Slim_Gapps and not one of the other Gapps, like you suggested you did./QUOTE]

By "inverted apps package" I meant The_real_dark_SLIM_gapps.zip that can be found here at slimroms.net. In the past this was always an officially acceptable substitute for Slim_gapps.zip ... I guess I just assumed it would be on this version as well.

If I end up by going back and installing again from scratch I will try the non-inverted version.

EDIT: I did go back and reinstall from scratch with the non-inverted g-apps. Tried the camera immediatelyafter the google account setup, and got the same error. Logcat attached...
I Got working camera with identical setup .
Bit laggish when taking pictures and so forth.
Could this be related to camera firmware version issue ?
Anyways, I think there will be a new build posted today, maybe that can resolve issue.

mnazim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2011
mnmcodeworks.blogspot.com
I did go back and reinstall from scratch with the non-inverted g-apps. Tried the camera immediatelyafter the google account setup, and got the same error. Logcat attached...

I am looking into the Camera issues.. Should be sorted out in the next release...

Also - the OP thanks simone201 in the credits for helping quite a bit. As the kernel is a slimbean kernel, does this by any chance mean that the kernel would be modelled on simone201's neak kernel?

NEAK kernel was first chosen to be included into this ROM but had issues being compiled internally with the ROM. I tried working with simone201 to get it compiled but it needed too much hacking to get it inline. You can always flash his kernel after the ROM.

PS: Freedom of Choice. ;)

GoldenLucifer

Dec 22, 2012
Same for me, camera is not working, and i have two suggestions:
1. Using stock browser from PA 2.99 its super cool with those pie like controls in full screen browser mode
2. Including pie controls if thats possible, having everthing working on the rom with beautiful pie controls would make this rom perfect.

Last edited:

Infinite96

Aug 1, 2012
Same for me, camera is not working, and i have two suggestions:
1. Using stock browser from PA 2.99 its super cool with those pie like controls in full screen browser mode
2. Including pie controls if thats possible, having everthing working on the rom with beautiful pie controls would make this rom perfect.
If he include the PIE control into SlimBean =) That would increase the ROM Size if I'm not wrong :p [Correct me if I'm wrong] ..
So he probably wont =) Maybe ? :p But who knows :p
Everyone knew about the awesomeness of the PA nowadays :p
Lets see ... =)

GoldenLucifer

Dec 22, 2012
If he include the PIE control into SlimBean =) That would increase the ROM Size if I'm not wrong :p [Correct me if I'm wrong] ..
So he probably wont =) Maybe ? :p But who knows :p
Everyone knew about the awesomeness of the PA nowadays :p
Lets see ... =)

Sacrificing a little space for PIE controls is a no brainer, PA 2.99 is unusable for me with this ridicolous sms bug. But still PA is a top Rom in my opinion. Even with this sms bug i used PA for about a weak holding myself from switching to slim. Fixing camera and including Pie is a something that would make slimrom best rom for note2 with the PA equal on the first place. Slim is still top 2 rom, i need camera fix asap cuz i wamna install everything and use it like a boss :D

kryptoner

Apr 24, 2011
Pie feature can also be obtained using one launcher, kml launcher or something, dont remmeber exact name, just do a xda search, with that pie feature can be used with slim roms

Infinite96

Aug 1, 2012
Sacrificing a little space for PIE controls is a no brainer, PA 2.99 is unusable for me with this ridicolous sms bug. But still PA is a top Rom in my opinion. Even with this sms bug i used PA for about a weak holding myself from switching to slim. Fixing camera and including Pie is a something that would make slimrom best rom for note2 with the PA equal on the first place. Slim is still top 2 rom, i need camera fix asap cuz i wamna install everything and use it like a boss :D
Sure :p Camera fix is on the way =) Next build will be fixed ! Developer and Tester team currently on beta =) No worry .
As for PIE Feature ... I have no idea whether the Slim team will include it as Slim isn't an alone work but a team work :p They have to discuss together among each other.
If one device have it .. Other must have it :p [Correct me if I'm wrong hehe] ..

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

hi mnazim

can you please consider fixing graphics glitches issues

thnx in advance :)
As what I know .. Mnazim will fix everything if he able to do it :p
Don't worry =)
He did constribute for a great ROM for I9000/I9100G =) So N7100 will be in the same way too =D

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

It's called LMT launcher mate :)
For more specific .. Here is the thread in XDA =)
You can get it here for the PIE =D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1330150

Reactions: Weetbix

aamitabh28

Oct 9, 2012
@OP GPS is an issue for me..cant get it to lock somehow..tried gps toolbox..didn't work.
Other than that this rom is super awesome man!
super battery life with neak kernel,,super smooth,super stable.
Thank you.

Weetbix

Feb 1, 2010
Kariong

Awesome rom, enjoying it, camera and gallery fc got sorted by flashing NEAK kernel, thanks to mnazim for all his hard work and time, Regards.

Was it giving an error like "can't connect to camera" before flashing the NEAK kernel?

EDIT: flashing the latest NEAK kernel helped my camera work now :) Sent Kernel version says unavailable, but that's no biggie...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

MamaSaidWhat?

Nov 18, 2010
OPPO Find X5 Pro

I reflashed v1.1 after using the advice from Infinite96 (thanks for the reply by the way mate) and I tried setting the WiFi Region to Europe (where I live) and I still can't connect to my router :confused:

Its working fine on all other 4.2.1 based ROMs, and I've even tried changing kernels (NEAK, RedPill etc.) but still no joy. I really do like Slim Bean and I would love to use it (with working WiFi haha) but this issue is baffling me!

Any advice from anybody kind enough to reply would be massively appreciated :D

Last edited:

vkghadge

Jul 1, 2011
mumbai
I am also facing the same WIFI issue & had to switch to another rom due to this issue. otherwise this ROM is fantastic.

blorro

Oct 21, 2008
Gävle

What settings do you have on your routers ?
Living in Europe too and no WiFi issue's here.
Router has automatical allocation of IP adresses(DHCP) and WPA 2 /PSK encryption.

Last edited:

adytum

Jul 1, 2011

About wifi issues, I don't know if this is off target here, but it has happened that wifi drivers are incompatible with channels above 10, because those are only in use in Europe and Japan.

Changing wifi channels on your router might be worth a try.

Reactions: blorro and mnazim

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Original Slim Features:
    1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter
    Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]
    Installation instructions
    For Most Users :

Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest builds from here. Please stay on the Official builds if you are not sure which build to pick.
    • PS: Weekly releases are stable but may contain Experimental features.!
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot
    FAQ
    Check our FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating Slim to your language, check our Crowdin page and submit your translations.
    Or consider making a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Downloads

So this is Slim Bean 4.2.1 OFFICIAL release. This is a new base as we have started from a completely clean slate AOSP source and included most of our features within.

NEW BASE FULL WIPE RECOMMENDED!!!

By downloading this ROM, you accept the fact that you understand that your device will not magically have more RAM or CPU power

Also keep in mind that this is RC software features and performance will vary as we get closer to the stable releases.

BUG REPORTING?
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Slim Bean 4.2.2

Anyone here hungry for some 4.2.2 desert? ;)

PS: Yeah yeah spoiler alert!

FYI: We also have started an IRC for slim users and devs! Check my sig. for details.
    Slim Bean 4.2.1 RC 2

Alright Slim Bean 4.2.1 RC2 OFFICIAL released.!! Yes, OFFICIAL Support! [Just more fancy ;)]
    Tons and Tons of new stuff...

Changelog for you guys: [Special one.]
    • Kernel built by me [as you already know]
    • Kernel fully compiled with Linaro 1301
    • Many fixes and improvements from 3.4 mainline kernel
    • Camera Fixes [Still buggy]
    • WiFi Fixes [Still buggy]

PS: For inverted/normal gapps please use the ones on the slimroms addons section. Any other packages are unsupported.

Read Changelog... Download... and enjoy the hell out of it. ;)

PS: Bug reports follow procedure from OP #2.!​

NOTE: Want more performance than possible??? Check this out!!!
    Slim Bean 4.2.2 Build 3

Aristotle said:
    Quality is not an act, it is a habit.

Another Quality Release from SlimRoms... now at SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 3!

Some thoughts to ponder upon:
    • Smart control in Gallery, is a S4 inspired feature that is for fun and maybe some bragging rights amongst your friends!
    • As you all know S/W HDR was all messed up... So we removed it for the time being. If you still need it badly, there is Play Store where everything is available ;)

READ the nice little changelog and Enjoy!

PS: Easter wishes to all! :)