[How-to]Root Android 4.2.2 And Install CWM v6.0.2.3

Search This thread

udimars30

Mar 13, 2012
Gurgaon
Here We have the Root And CWM for Nexus 10 On Android 4.2.2! :cool:

Step 1 - Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install with USB drivers. See: How to Set Up Android SDK (Fastboot / ADB) on Windows.

Step 2 - Enable USB Debugging mode in your Nexus 10 tablet.

Step 3 - Download Fastboot and extract it in android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory. Create directory if not already there.

NOTE: Skip Steps 1, 2, 3 if you already have them.

Step 4 - Download SuperSU v1.04 (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip) and copy it to your sdcard on your Nexus 10 tablet.

Step 5 - Make sure you have backup your data as it will be removed. Then switch OFF your Nexus 10.

Step 6 - Download recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-manta.img and copy/paste it in the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.

Step 7 - Now go into Fastboot Mode on Nexus 10. How? Press Volume Down + UP + Power key for a few seconds till you see some text on the screen.
Step 8 - Navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).

Step 9 - Type in the following command and press Enter.

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-manta.img

Step 10 - Once completed, choose RECOVERY MODE from the Fastboot menu and enter Recovery Mode.

Step 11 - Then scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the Power button to select it.

Step 12 - Press the Power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.

Step 13 - Now using your volume keys, navigate to the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.

Step 14 - After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. Then Choose yes flash recovery back (this will make CWM your permanent recovery mode)

That’s it. Your Nexus 10 is now rooted on Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 software version of Jelly Bean and even has a custom CWM recovery installed. Check for the SuperSU app in your apps list to verify. :D

Root and CWM for Nexus 7
Root and CWM for Nexus 4

Last edited:

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
Thanks udi, but could you also post how to do it on stock rom with stock recovery? Much appreciated! I keep wathing your youtube videos lol :good:

aritrea

Jan 1, 2011
AW: [How-to]Root Android 4.2.2 And Install CWM

Thanks udi, but could you also post how to do it on stock rom with stock recovery? Much appreciated! I keep wathing your youtube videos lol :good:

I think you have to unlock your device first. Then you can easily install your custom recovery

mrdunlop

Jan 24, 2011
Use the nexus 10 toolkit
Side Load via adb,
then re run the everything script in toolkit.

Worked like a charm for me, however, I did have to reflash back to my first backup, to be on stock 4.2.1 with stock kernel

rayki

Apr 22, 2011
Use the nexus 10 toolkit
Side Load via adb,
then re run the everything script in toolkit.

Worked like a charm for me, however, I did have to reflash back to my first backup, to be on stock 4.2.1 with stock kernel

did it work for 4.2.2 ? i was rooted with 4.2.1 but the OTA screw it up.. i have to recover to factory .. then OTA to 4.2.2

could you please be more specific ? 

Mr_Jay_jay

May 8, 2012
Chi-Town!!
Download Fastboot?

I cant download Download Fastboot... I have been denied access??? little help over here please I wanna root my device on 4.2.2... Thanks in advance!

ports394

Apr 23, 2012
Sorry if this has already been asked and I'm not understanding it.

I bought my mom a Nexus10 and it's missing some Indian fonts on it. I saw I need to flash on a fontpack to add them.

The tablet is totally stock, on 4.2.2..

Do I need to unlock the bootloader first (which wipes all the data) and then do the steps from the 1st post?

corepda

Aug 4, 2007
California
This whole process is not working for me. I am in windows 8 and it just doesnt let me install sdk nor even ask me to install drivers. Can you suggest what is the possible way out? I am unable to move ahead due to these issues :/

Blue Sun

Dec 5, 2011
Boothwyn
leftbankblog.org
Root failed.

I followed all instructions (I have successfully rooted a number of smartphones and the Nexus 7 before this). The end result is that the Nexus 10 is unlocked, but hangs on bootup with just the X showing. I can't go into Recovery mode (I just get the Android lying on his back with an exclamation point showing and eventually it tries a normal boot - as far as the X).

I can't try Restart Bootloader as this, too, leads to just the X and hangs. I have reset the tab (power + down volume) and also have tried to reconnect the tab to the PC, which now does not recognize it, putting fastboot.exe and adb.exe out of reach. I think something might have gone wrong installing CWM, though it did boot up a couple of times after that with a couple of errors that passed by too fast to copy - before it started to hang. I never got a chance to put superuser on it as Recovery mode is out of reach. I tried a master reset the last time I got to Recovery Mode, but got several minor errors and now seem not to have ANY bootloader working. Short of sending the tab back to Google to have them restore a 'cherry' Android 4.2.2 (for a sum), I'm lost as to where to go next.

Any ideas?

Justinsolomon

Jun 21, 2016
My recovery is lost when I did this!!!

I did this with adb....almost same step......now when try to go to recovery mode.....just logo......! I have to take battery out! so that I could boot into android.......when I accidently type -w which was for wipe,,,,,,,wiped thw whole phone..... now its just white screen when i boot into android......cant install new rom because recovery is lost.......what should I do now? help me please!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here We have the Root And CWM for Nexus 10 On Android 4.2.2! :cool:

Step 1 - Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install with USB drivers. See: How to Set Up Android SDK (Fastboot / ADB) on Windows.

Step 2 - Enable USB Debugging mode in your Nexus 10 tablet.

Step 3 - Download Fastboot and extract it in android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory. Create directory if not already there.

NOTE: Skip Steps 1, 2, 3 if you already have them.

Step 4 - Download SuperSU v1.04 (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip) and copy it to your sdcard on your Nexus 10 tablet.

Step 5 - Make sure you have backup your data as it will be removed. Then switch OFF your Nexus 10.

Step 6 - Download recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-manta.img and copy/paste it in the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.

Step 7 - Now go into Fastboot Mode on Nexus 10. How? Press Volume Down + UP + Power key for a few seconds till you see some text on the screen.
    Step 8 - Navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).

Step 9 - Type in the following command and press Enter.

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-manta.img

Step 10 - Once completed, choose RECOVERY MODE from the Fastboot menu and enter Recovery Mode.

Step 11 - Then scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the Power button to select it.

Step 12 - Press the Power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.

Step 13 - Now using your volume keys, navigate to the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.

Step 14 - After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. Then Choose yes flash recovery back (this will make CWM your permanent recovery mode)

That’s it. Your Nexus 10 is now rooted on Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 software version of Jelly Bean and even has a custom CWM recovery installed. Check for the SuperSU app in your apps list to verify. :D

Root and CWM for Nexus 7
    Root and CWM for Nexus 4