[Q] Hand of Cards Widget?
Hey, brand new Android developer here. I'm making my way through "The Big Nerd Ranch Guide" for Android Programming and trying to absorb all that I can. I'd like to get started on a basic card game eventually. My idea was to have an interactive "hand of cards" widget that lets the user select a single card. Quick photoshop sketch:
Since I have no knowledge of creating new widgets, I'm looking for suggestions on how I would implement such a thing. Such as, what libraries should I be using or even what kind of tutorials should I start reading to get a head start on this? Requirements are:
- Widget is flickable/spinnable. You can scroll left and right and the cards will kind of spin like a wheel. This would require some 2d image transformations.
- After flicking, the card that lands in the middle rises to the top of the stack. Perhaps a "fade in" effect.
- Drop shadow on the edges of the cards. This is a nice to have but not a must have feature.
- Rounded edges on the cards.
- Ability to display text and/or images on the cards.
Doesn't seem like it would be too complicated, but again, I have no knowledge on creating widgets. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!