Android 4.0.4 settings confusing. Can't find some of the options

Search This thread

mooz1

Dec 19, 2011
The Settings in Android 404 is confusing me. I am looking for the application option in settings but can't find it. There is Developers option but I can't find what I am looking for in there.

What I am looking for are

Manage applications
Running services
Development.

Thank you in advance

dpeeps74

Oct 28, 2009
Austin
Unknown sources is a security setting. Is that what you can't find?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

lithid-cm

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
The Settings in Android 404 is confusing me. I am looking for the application option in settings but can't find it. There is Developers option but I can't find what I am looking for in there.

Manage applications
Running services
Development.

Thank you in advance
System Settings > Accessibility > Large test [X]

Check that box, shouldn't be a problem seeing all the obvious settings now.

Reactions: mooz1

niteh@wk

Oct 14, 2011
Totally agree. So confusing. I can't even find the laziness option.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

niteh@wk

Oct 14, 2011
My problem wasn't seeing them. My problem was finding the options like "Application" which I was used to in the previous version of android.

"Apps" is right there in Settings. All sarcasms aside, it just takes a little bit of patience and exploring to find things. If you don't like changes, I guess iDevice would be a better fit as Apple has kept things the same for all generations of the iDevices.

mooz1

Dec 19, 2011
"Apps" is right there in Settings. All sarcasms aside, it just takes a little bit of patience and exploring to find things. If you don't like changes, I guess iDevice would be a better fit as Apple has kept things the same for all generations of the iDevices.

I explored to my capacity. I don't mind change as long as I could figure things out. I have checked "Apps". In there, there are only apps I downloaded . Now I assume you did some exploring. Will you be kind enough to point me to the following applications in android 4.0.4 ?

Manage applications
Running services

Thank You

niteh@wk

Oct 14, 2011
I explored to my capacity. I don't mind change as long as I could figure things out. I have checked "Apps". In there, there are only apps I downloaded . Now I assume you did some exploring. Will you be kind enough to point me to the following applications in android 4.0.4 ?

Manage applications
Running services

Thank You

Manage Applications and Running Services are launcher specific shortcut menus to the Application in Settings. Do you see the different tabs at the top in Apps? Sliding that and you will see what you are looking for.

d03626d8-330e-c8a6.jpg

Last edited:

mooz1

Dec 19, 2011
Manage Applications and Running Services are launcher specific shortcut menus to the Application in Settings. Do you see the different tabs at the top in Apps? Sliding that and you will see what you are looking for.

d03626d8-330e-c8a6.jpg

Now you are talking. Thank you very much.

For future reference please do not assume everything is as simple and clear to others like it is to you. There are lots of us out there who have no clues about a lot of technical stuff.

Last edited:

lamta

Jul 16, 2012
Call Settings, SIP settings, etc

Another item that used to be under MENU/Settings/Call Settings in Android 2.3.x is now under DIALER or PHONE (no MENU first), and then Settings.

Call Settings then has a lot of important configuration settings for calls, dialer behaviour, SIP (internet call) accounts, etc.

Except for the above, I can't seem to find another route to Call Setting from System Settings. I am using cyanogenmod 9.0.0 RC1 with Nexus S.

vinny24

Aug 27, 2013
No font changing option in my Samsung galaxy s DUOS GT-S7562

No font changing option in my Samsung galaxy s DUOS GT-S7562

Please help.

mrgreaper

Jul 16, 2009
hunting for usb dev mode needed by titan backup, i stumbled on here, where most of you are being a little sarcastic and saying how easy this stuff is to find with just a bit of looking around.....

2 hours later i found it, for the benifit of anyone else that may stumble on this old thread via google like i did, to enable usb dev go to about device/phone in the settings menu and tap build number multiple times, this enables development menu which has the usb debugging option.....yeah i know i know very obvious and easy to see.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Manage applications
    Running services
    Development.

Thank you in advance
    System Settings > Accessibility > Large test [X]

Check that box, shouldn't be a problem seeing all the obvious settings now.
    Totally agree. So confusing. I can't even find the laziness option.

Manage applications
    Running services

Thank You

d03626d8-330e-c8a6.jpg