Polaroid All in One - Root, Un-Root, Play Store, Should work on other devices

Search This thread

tbjr6

Mar 26, 2013
Okay, here's the new tutorial!

1. Download and reflash official firmware v1 (Linked)
2. Download and run PAIO1.8b(Linked), but when it wants you to activate Market Unlocker type y and press enter without really activating it.
3. On your tablet, download and install Root Explorer. (Edit: Root Explorer is a paid app, removed link.)
4. On your tablet, download and extract the zip (Attached) with Root Explorer.
5. Copy the files from the LLPermissions folder to /system/etc/permissions/, restart your tablet, then try Google Play.
6. If step 5 didn't give you the full store, go to apps in settings and clear data for Google Services Framework and Google Play.
7. Copy the files from the DSPermissions folder except g.prop to /system/etc/permissions/, copy g.prop to /system/etc/.
8. Restart your tablet and try Google Play again.

I have a PMID800 and step 5 did give me a full store.
My only question is my brightness is stuck at full all the time, are there any fixes for this?

Android Pizza

Jan 2, 2013
Florida
The brightness slider in ics does not change the screen brightness.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

Do a factory reset in recovery mode. If that doesn't work try reflashing (reinstalling) the stock ROM (factory software) from Polaroid's website.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix HD using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rajahsrini

Apr 3, 2013
Need help with PMID 705X

Hi:

I am new hwere as well as a novice with tablets. I just purchased a 7" poalroid pmid 705x from big lots (running jelly bean). I would love to install Google play - will the steps mentioned here work, is there a tutorial on the same?

Many thanks in advance
RS

Android Pizza

Jan 2, 2013
Florida
Hi:

I am new hwere as well as a novice with tablets. I just purchased a 7" poalroid pmid 705x from big lots (running jelly bean). I would love to install Google play - will the steps mentioned here work, is there a tutorial on the same?

Many thanks in advance
RS

It should work. Download version 1.6 and the latest version of the program, plug in your tablet with USB Debugging on in developer options, select "Root only". Now, use the latest version of the program and select "Add Google Apps".
If this works for you or it doesn't work for you, report back here with your results.

Edit: I forgot, the program doesn't yet support Google Apps for JB. Skip the last parts and just try to root.

Last edited:

rajahsrini

Apr 3, 2013
Re: Polaroid 7 inch PMID705x

Thx much 4 ur advice. Will dload 1.6 and try 2 root and keep u posted on results.

thx again.
RS

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

It should work. Download version 1.6 and the latest version of the program, plug in your tablet with USB Debugging on in developer options, select "Root only". Now, use the latest version of the program and select "Add Google Apps".
If this works for you or it doesn't work for you, report back here with your results.

Edit: I forgot, the program doesn't yet support Google Apps for JB. Skip the last parts and just try to root.

Hi Anroid Pizza:
Sorry 2 b really dumb - i guess i need set by step instructions (feel a total greenhorn here). Your help is greatly appreciated.

I dloaded the v1.6 to my PC then do I move it to sdcard on the tablet?
Also how do i get it to run after turning the USB debugging on

Thx again
RS

geronimo48

Jun 28, 2012
Charleston, SC
Thx much 4 ur advice. Will dload 1.6 and try 2 root and keep u posted on results.

thx again.
RS

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Hi Anroid Pizza:
Sorry 2 b really dumb - i guess i need set by step instructions (feel a total greenhorn here). Your help is greatly appreciated.

I dloaded the v1.6 to my PC then do I move it to sdcard on the tablet?
Also how do i get it to run after turning the USB debugging on

Thx again
RS
This is just feedback here - no success. I have tried v1.6 and 2.1b with my PMID705x - Android 4.1. I put the tablet in debug mode and stay awake (in Developer Options), connected it to my computer via USB, activated USB Storage on the tablet and started the All-In-One program (first v1.6, then v2.1b) on my PC. Nothing happens. v 1.6 shows Waiting for device to become ready: [Waiting]. v2.1b shows: Checking if ADB server is running: Service Running; Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.29 (no status beside this - don't know if there should be); and Waiting for device to become ready: Waiting. I have tried shutting off USB Storage and starting again. Nothing happens. Any suggestions? I would like to root my tablet. Google Play would be a nice addition, too. Thanks.

rajahsrini

Apr 3, 2013
Help re PMID 705x

Got this to work on a PMID705x with a little extra.
Installed Android SDK following this tut
cant post links so added a space infront of the .net "londatiga .net/it/how-to-use-android-adb-command-line-tool/".

Then I made the system read write using ADB "mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system"
Then ran PolaroidAIO.

I had previously semi bricked the tablet doing the PolaroidAIO 1st then remount RW And using SwitchMe.

I Followed Poloroids FAQ on lost tablet password
cant post links so added a space infront of the .com "polaroid .com/faqs/tablet-faqs/i-forgot-my-password-on-the-tablet-how-do-i-reset-it"
Was able to download OEM rom. This rom is 4.0.4 Not 4.1

Hi:

can u pls share the exact steps u took - i wud like 2 use the same and get it 2 work on my pmid 705x running jelly bean; ur help is truly appreciated. Thx much!

gtahoussemd

May 16, 2013
Problem

I got this after I follow ur instruction:

Enable "USB Debuging" and "Stay Awake" in Settings --> Developer Options

Waiting for device to become ready... [Device Ready]
Found: Motorola XT319 running Android 2.3.5 [Framework Un-Supported]
Checking if device is rooted... [Device Un-Rooted]

Pushing Busybox... [Done]
Pushing su Binary... [Done]
Pushing Superuser.apk... [Done]
Pushing Busybox... [Done]
Fixing Busybox permissions... [Done]
Running Exploit... [Done]
Your device will now reboot... [Done]
Fixing file locations... [Done]
Fixing file permissions... [Done]

Checking if device is rooted... [Device Un-Rooted]

Mounting File System as Read/Write... [Done]
Pushing Google Backup Transport... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/GoogleBackupTransport.apk' to '/system/app/GoogleB
ackupTransport.apk': Permission denied
Pushing Google Calendar Sync Adapter... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk' to '/system/app/Goo
gleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk': Permission denied
Pushing Google Contacts Sync Adapter... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk' to '/system/app/Goo
gleContactsSyncAdapter.apk': Permission denied
Pushing Google Feedback... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/GoogleFeedback.apk' to '/system/app/GoogleFeedback
.apk': Permission denied
Pushing Google Login Service... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/GoogleLoginService.apk' to '/system/app/GoogleLogi
nService.apk': Permission denied
Pushing Google Partner Setup... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/GooglePartnerSetup.apk' to '/system/app/GooglePart
nerSetup.apk': Permission denied
Pushing Google Quick Searchbox... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk' to '/system/app/GoogleQu
ickSearchBox.apk': Permission denied
Pushing Google Services Framework... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/GoogleServicesFramework.apk' to '/system/app/Googl
eServicesFramework.apk': Permission denied
Pushing Google TTS... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/GoogleTTS.apk' to '/system/app/GoogleTTS.apk': Per
mission denied
Pushing Google Market Updater... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/MarketUpdater.apk' to '/system/app/MarketUpdater.a
pk': Permission denied
Pushing Google Media Uploader... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/MediaUploader.apk' to '/system/app/MediaUploader.a
pk': Permission denied
Pushing Network Location... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/NetworkLocation.apk' to '/system/app/NetworkLocati
on.apk': Permission denied
Pushing One Time Initializer... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/OneTimeInitializer.apk' to '/system/app/OneTimeIni
tializer.apk': Permission denied
Pushing Google Play Store... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/Phonesky.apk' to '/system/app/Phonesky.apk': Permi
ssion denied
Pushing Setup Wizard... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/SetupWizard.apk' to '/system/app/SetupWizard.apk':
Permission denied
Pushing Google Talk... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/Talk.apk' to '/system/app/Talk.apk': Permission de
nied
Pushing Voice Search... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'gapps/VoiceSearch.apk' to '/system/app/VoiceSearch.apk':
Permission denied
Pushing Google Maps Framework... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'framework/com.google.android.maps.jar' to 'system/framew
ork/com.google.android.maps.jar': Permission denied
Pushing Media Effects Framework... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'framework/com.google.android.media.effects.jar' to 'syst
em/framework/com.google.android.media.effects.jar': Permission denied
Pushing DRM Framework... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'framework/com.google.widevine.software.drm.jar' to 'syst
em/framework/com.google.widevine.software.drm.jar': Permission denied
Pushing libfilterpack_facedetect.so... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'lib/libfilterpack_facedetect.so' to 'system/lib/libfilte
rpack_facedetect.so': Permission denied
Pushing libflint_engine_jni_api.so... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'lib/libflint_engine_jni_api.so' to 'system/lib/libflint_
engine_jni_api.so': Permission denied
Pushing libfrsdk.so... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'lib/libfrsdk.so' to 'system/lib/libfrsdk.so': Permission
denied
Pushing libgcomm_jni.so... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'lib/libgcomm_jni.so' to 'system/lib/libgcomm_jni.so': Pe
rmission denied
Pushing libpicowrapper.so... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'lib/libpicowrapper.so' to 'system/lib/libpicowrapper.so'
: Permission denied
Pushing libspeexwrapper.so... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'lib/libspeexwrapper.so' to 'system/lib/libspeexwrapper.s
o': Permission denied
Pushing libvideochat_jni.so... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'lib/libvideochat_jni.so' to 'system/lib/libvideochat_jni
.so': Permission denied
Pushing libvideochat_stabilize.so... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'lib/libvideochat_stabilize.so' to 'system/lib/libvideoch
at_stabilize.so': Permission denied
Pushing libvoicesearch.so... [Failed]
Error: failed to copy 'lib/libvoicesearch.so' to 'system/lib/libvoicesearch.so'
: Permission denied
Mounting File System as Read/Only... [Done]

I hope you have enjoyed using this software. If you have any questions or
comments feel free to contact me on facebook. -Wayne

Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...

I use Motorola XT319

gtahoussemd

May 16, 2013
What ?!

Why are you using the PTAB's Play Store fix?

Look I am new in this domain so I didn't understand you!
What PTAB's Play Store fix mean ?!!

I just want to root my Android device it's 2.3.5 version and let it read the arabic font exactly :)

Please could u clear up more !

Last edited:

Android Pizza

Jan 2, 2013
Florida
Look I am new in this domain so I didn't understand you!
What PTAB's Play Store fix mean ?!!

I just want to root my Android device it's 2.3.5 version and let it read the arabic font exactly :)

Please could u clear up more !

Maybe you should read the OP...(original post)

Also, this program is for Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) and Jelly Bean (4.1, 4.2). This won't work on Gingerbread (2.3), so you won't get your device rooted here! Go to your device's subforum!

Please help me reach my donation goal for Team Noli Bros! Autism walk! Thank you!

I'm gonna give it a go for my son's KurioTab 7". Will report back...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

EDIT: I obtained root for the Kurio using OP's instructions. Big thanks to Android Pizza for pointing me in the right direction. I also installed CWM Recovery using the following method...http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1802268

Last edited:
Reactions: Android Pizza

RedNight69

Feb 14, 2011
Los Angeles
Trying this program to get my Polaroid PMID705 rooted, fails around the restore exploit, here's the log:

Checking if ADB server is running Service Running
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.29
Waiting for device to become ready Device Ready
Retrieving device information Done
Found softwinners PMID705 running Android 4.1.1
Your Device will now be Rooted
Pushing Busybox Done
Pushing su binary Done
Pushing superuser.apk Running
Fixing Busybox permissions Done
Running Restore Exploit Done
Your device now reboot Done
Fixing file locations Done
Fixing file locations Done
Your device now reboot Done
Sorry, your device was not rooted successfully Error
All processes have ended, updating user interface.

any help with this possibly, Thanks in advance

TeODH4

Dec 23, 2012
Android Pizza,

I no longer have the source-code for this project as the Hard Drive with all of my development stuff was stolen. To fix the root check issue would mean to code the app from the ground up again. I don't necessarily mind doing so, however at the moment I don't have any type of android device. I may pickup another cheap Polaroid tablet in the near future to continue development with. But as of right now, this project is on hold. If anyone has a tablet they would like to loan or donate to the cause, I will be happy to start development up again.

I would also like to mention at this time that I am working on a new multi-display, cross platform presentation / video playback system. Allowing you to sync video playback between multiple devices controlling everything from one master. You can easily create a video wall with some spare computers (or even some raspberry pis), and cheap monitors.

Still in alpha, but proof of concept is working... I'll be working on adding features. Initial support will be Windows, Mac, Linux (including Raspberry PI). But, I hope to bring the client app to Android, IOS, and Windows Phone in the near future as well.

Shoot me an email if you are interested in this project. wayne.hartmann@live.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Android Pizza

Onknight

Feb 21, 2012
Burlington
Hi everyone I just updated to new Stock Firmware update v2 from Site list in this thread.
The PC Drivers where already on the PC cause I have Nexus 4 need them unlock my phone

When try run the software it sit there waiting to see tablet never dose

HELP

Last edited:

Android Pizza

Jan 2, 2013
Florida
Hi everyone I just updated to new Stock Firmware update v2 from Site list in this thread.
The PC Drivers where already on the PC cause I have Nexus 4 need them unlock my phone

When try run the software it sit there waiting to see tablet never dose

HELP

Did you enable USB debugging in Settings > Developer options?

Sent from my MB886 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Polaroid All in One is a C++ application that will easily and quickly Root, Un-Root, and Install / Remove Google Applications and Google Services Framework. This software is designed for the PTAB8000, and PMID800. However, should work for similar tablets running Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean (Google Apps only supported on Android 4.0.x). If you use this software with any other device please post your results in the this forum.

Requirements
    • Microsoft Windows (Tested on Windows 7 and Windows XP)
    • ADB Drivers Installed
    • Android Device Running 4.0 or 4.1 (Google Apps only supported on 4.0.x)

Recommended Method

Use version 1.6b to root your device, then use version 2.1b to install Google Framework.

UPDATE 8/11/14 -- Why doesn't this work with my device?

I just wanted to clear a few things up. I have had a few inquires about PAIO (Polaroid AIO) not installing Google Framework on their devices. The framework included in the latest releases is only compatible with Android 4.0.x. While PAIO v1.6b should be able to root 4.0, and 4.1 devices, the application will refuse to load the framework on a non-compatible version of android. If your tablet is not running a variant of Ice Cream Sandwich, it's simply not going to work. If we continue development we can support newer versions of Android. But, for now you would have to install the framework manually. If you would like to pursue a manual install I recommend you check out this page: http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/Google_Apps Make sure you know what you are doing, and install the version that is correct for your device. I'm waiting to get more feedback on the poll before I decide to continue this project.

Have a great week everyone,

Wayne

UPDATE 8/10/14 -- [Quick Survey] Should we continue development?

As I am sure some of you have noticed by now, this project has not been under active development for over a year now. We had an event that resulted in a loss of the source code for the project. As a result, the project was put on the back burner as it worked "OK"-ish. Between the 1.6b and 2.1b releases it did meet the requirements at the time, which was to root and install a full play store on the PTAB8000, and PMID800 devices. While these devices may not be as popular at this time (they had a fairly high failure rate). There are other Generic devices that people have used this program on, with mixed results. I did have a PTAB8000 with a cracked screen donated a while back. As long as we have people to test/debug, and support the project however they can. I am willing to start the project from scratch (again).

All I ask is for a few minutes of your time to take a quick survey to help me understand the interest we have in this project.
    Click here to take the survey.

UPDATE 1/21/13 -- Polaroid AIO v2.1b [Beta Release]

After a nightmare's worth of coding Polaroid All in One v2.1b is finally here. This update aims to provide the best possible user experience. While utilizing the latest patches discovered by the team. I would like to give a special shout out to Android Pizza for taking the initiative to get a fully stocked Play Store on the PTAB8000. Special thanks to the guys over at FreakTab for providing the permission files needed for the patch on the PTAB8000. Last but not least I would like to thank all of you for testing every release. You're feedback is critical to this product. Every post has helped with PAIO's development process.

PTAB8000 users please make sure you are running a stock firmware. If you have tried earlier versions of PAIO, or have used any other files to patch your tablet, you must re-flash your tablet. Please see the section below on flashing your PTAB8000.

JuU1Oke.png

UPDATE 12/30/12 -- Polaroid AIO v1.6b [Old, Stable Release]

I am leaving this version posted as it seems to have been the most stable version. This will work with Android Pizza's tutorial on the PTAB8000, and works perfectly on the PMID800. It is recommended this version be used to root, and 2.1b used to install the framework (if supported on your device).

Downloads
    ADB Drivers
    Polaroid AIO v1.6b
    Polaroid AIO v2.1b

PTAB8000 Flashing Tutorial
    PTAB8000 v2 Firmware (v1 is no longer hosted by Southern Telecom)
    Fair enough, I'll inspect the files a little more closely and see if we can shrink it all down. Did you have to run the Play Store before using the second set of files? Or does it work just the same if you copy both sets and then run the Play Store for the first time since the re-flash?

I updated the Main Post to reflect your method and created Mediafire mirrors of your files.

Regards,

Wayne

Honestly, I have no idea. I might do some experimenting to find out soon.
    Until then, we'll just have to wait for some feedback!

AndroidPizza
    Sort of, you see, when I got Google Play working I used one permission package then another. They don't seem to work alone. I tried to make this tutorial as close as it can be to what I did to get it working.

AndroidPizza

Fair enough, I'll inspect the files a little more closely and see if we can shrink it all down. Did you have to run the Play Store before using the second set of files? Or does it work just the same if you copy both sets and then run the Play Store for the first time since the re-flash?

I updated the Main Post to reflect your method and created Mediafire mirrors of your files.

Regards,

Wayne
    Honestly, I have no idea. I might do some experimenting to find out soon.
    Until then, we'll just have to wait for some feedback!

AndroidPizza

Sounds good, In the mean time I'm going to do a GUI rewrite of PolaroidAIO.
    Are the files in DSPermissions all the permission files you needed to get the play store working?

Sort of, you see, when I got Google Play working I used one permission package then another. They don't seem to work alone. I tried to make this tutorial as close as it can be to what I did to get it working.

AndroidPizza