identify asus tablet

Search This thread

woainot

Apr 30, 2009
Hi all,
My friend gave me an ASUS tablet that has a crack on the glass or digitizer (I'm assuming) so it's inoperable although the screen display fine. I've been trying to identify the model of the tablet but there's really nothing in the case that I can relate to. Can someone show me how to identify the ASUS tablet? I have more question in mind but I guess i start with that one first. Thank you much

I will try to see if I can post some photo later for easier to id the device

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Hi all,
My friend gave me an ASUS tablet that has a crack on the glass or digitizer (I'm assuming) so it's inoperable although the screen display fine. I've been trying to identify the model of the tablet but there's really nothing in the case that I can relate to. Can someone show me how to identify the ASUS tablet? I have more question in mind but I guess i start with that one first. Thank you much

I will try to see if I can post some photo later for easier to id the device

tf201 has a metallic back
tf300 has a plastic back

woainot

Apr 30, 2009
Thanks cmendonc2, It does have a metal back panel. I'm attaching a couple of photos here hopefully it helps to confirm that. Also, what is more practical replacing the digitizer or the whole screen? Thank you

Last edited:

woainot

Apr 30, 2009
ah....i can't post links from outside this forum, blocked by policy, i need to have 10 posts in order to post link from outside. Anyway, let me try with the attachment again. if this doesn't work i don't know how else I can post fotos without having post at least 10 posts. I got a feeling that might be the same reason for those attachments not working properly.

Attachments

• SAM_0419.jpg
    SAM_0419.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 1,243
  • SAM_0416.jpg
    SAM_0416.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 1,181

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
ah....i can't post links from outside this forum, blocked by policy, i need to have 10 posts in order to post link from outside. Anyway, let me try with the attachment again. if this doesn't work i don't know how else I can post fotos without having post at least 10 posts. I got a feeling that might be the same reason for those attachments not working properly.

No, I can't see the attachment but it is probably a tf700 or tf201 with the metal backing

woainot

Apr 30, 2009
Many thanks to all. that would help me to find the right replacement part and tutorial.

schkeet

Nov 22, 2012
Looks like a tf300 but the back should be made of plastic...

if your screen has a crack but there is no distortion your digitizer is fine and you just need to replace the screen which can be bought for $50

Last edited:

Taipanboy

Aug 22, 2017
that looks like a tf300 to me i can see the circle pattern and the camera doesnt have a led and the speaker is different on the tf201
Hi, Im brand new here and I have the same problem with identifying my Asus tablet cos I have a cracked screen. Pleasekindly help. Been trying to upload the image from my phone gallery but dont know how to. The tablet has a metal back with the circular design. Very flat 10.1 screen size.