I need a fix for this please

Search This thread

ovidiugr

Mar 27, 2011
when I connect my laptop to my TV through HDMI for the 1st time it automatically connects to a certain resolution. and that's fine because then I can select a different resolution if I don't like it. for example if my laptop connects automatically to 1080p@24Hz which is my TV maximum resolution then I can change it to... let's say 1080i@60Hz which is lower quality but is waaaay smoother 60 Hz is smoother than 24Hz.
ok, my question is... how can I change the output resolution of Note3's. I haven't seen a menu yet allowing you to do that. I'd rather have 1080i@60Hz or even 720p@60Hz instead of 1080p@24Hz which is so laggy. and don't tell me the Note3 can't connect to a different resolution than 1080p because it obviously can. I've connected it to another tv and on that one it connects at 720p@60Hz and also I can't change the resolution to that one.
is there a workaround that you can do to allow selecting other resolution than the default one?

and it's funny because both Note 1 and 2 connect on my TV automatically at 1080i@60Hz and as a consequence they show no lagginess while my Note3 which was supposed to be an upgrade is in this case a downgrade...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

nex7er

Feb 3, 2008
Bergen
!!WARNING!! Not my fault if you need to reflash. You're doing this on your OWN ACCORD!

Use a third-party launcher as TouchWizHome likes to crash. Open terminal if it's rooted (will only be able to change resolution with root) and use these commands:

NOTE: Do not use quotation marks when typing in terminal.
Resolution: Type "su", grant root, type "wm size 1080x1920" if you want 1080p, or 720x1280 if you want 720p

4.3 and 4.4 use "wm". Earlier versions of android use "am". Tablets are reversed and should need "1920x1080" as opposed to phones which needs "1080x1920".

PROTIP!!! This may mess with your Note 3 and you might have to reflash. Samsungs framework is NOT dynamic like Googles framework is. This might result in corrupted apps. If you want to change DPI without an app (AppSettings with Xposed works fine and lets you do it to individual apps) just change "size" for "density" and "1080x1920" for "480". 480 is default, so lower it to see how small you want things to be. 360 is the sweet spot for me.

ovidiugr

Mar 27, 2011
ok... any other idea? I don't want to change the resolution of the launcher but the resolution of the output. I presume that method might change both and also requires root. I don't want to root it. any other suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
Please remember that questions and troubleshooting posts go in the Q&A/Troubleshooting section.

Thread moved.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk