Can't get my phone to come up in Windows....

Search This thread

GARover

Jun 10, 2013
Okay, I actually have an older HTC Evo and there is no support on that forum anymore....

So forced to post here, hoping someone can help.
Anyways, I am just trying to re-flash the ROM, and want to put an old SENSE HTC install back on it, but cannot get my Windows 7 computer to recognize the phone. Fails to load the device driver.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Install HTC Sync to your computer. It will download and install the latest drivers to your PC. Also make sure your SDK is up to date. Lastly, make sure you have USB debugging enabled on your phone. If you continue to have problems, you may have an issue with your USB port on your computer or you may need to try a different USB cable.

Sent from my HTC device

GARover

Jun 10, 2013
Install HTC Sync to your computer. It will download and install the latest drivers to your PC. Also make sure your SDK is up to date. Lastly, make sure you have USB debugging enabled on your phone. If you continue to have problems, you may have an issue with your USB port on your computer or you may need to try a different USB cable.

Sent from my HTC device

I installed SYNC manager on my computer as well as the Android SDK pack and installed the Google USB Driver there too.

It's like it sees the phone as a drive, but it's like it doesn't think there is an SD card there (see below). I wonder if somehow the SD card is not "mounted"? I don't know. Any help appreciated. I can see the SD card just fine from the Restore menus on the phone.

USB_Nothing.jpg