[Q]Touch Screen Problems on MIUI

Search This thread

mkyybx

Dec 4, 2011
Thank you for opening this page.
My A953 is a Europe device, and the version i use is MIUI-X1.12.2X (kenerl version is 2.6.32.9).
The problem is that the touch screen isn't accurate, when i touch position A , the device thinks i touched B, which is over A(upper half screen) or uner A(under half sereen). But the distance between A and B is very short , i can only notice it when i search the contects by touching the first-letter.
And there is a place on the lower right screen, which can't responce any touching.
This two problems also worked on CM7 nightly version which i used. But i can fix them by disable the mulititouch(doesn't work on miui..).

Would someone please help me ? Thanks a lot !(I'm sorry for my terrible English...)

mkyybx

Dec 4, 2011
Thank you . I have flashed UK 2.3.4 and will "never" be able to use MIUI.

Sent from my A953 using XDA App

mkyybx

Dec 4, 2011
Yes , because this issue is realated to the kernel, A2S is only a nandroid backup package.
With I experienced, if you put two finger on the screen with a short distance , MS2 will recognize them as one touch point(I notice this issue when i play Cut The Rope). But If you use froyo , you may not have this probelm

DreadPirateDan

Oct 16, 2011
Queensland
Yeah I know. Sucks to be you - I hope to never update to keep my options open. CH GB kernel all the way:cool:

My main touch problems were with FPS games, it'd switch between what touch point it thought was point "a" and point "b", so I'd end up getting stuck running against a wall until I'd pause and resume.

Hopefully when my phone is back from warranty repairs it'll still be on Froyo. They said it would be updated to the latest firmware, so for once being in the last thought of nation Australia will possibly pay off (we haven't gotten an update yet).

rasecrmz

Aug 31, 2010
Tampico
www.mexdroid.com
So, the only way to avoid touch bug is install the chiness gb sbf? I have tried almost all roms (endless cm7, tezet cm7, a2s, walter79 mod, miui) and all of them have touch bug.

My brother has a brand new razr, and it actually has the same touch bug (the same bug i experience with tezet cm, when playing games with two virtual sticks, after a minute or so touching the screen it goes a little funky, need to release the fingers or pause the game or turn off and on the screen.

Actually is a bit different than the old froyo touch bug, but a bug still.

Sent from my MotoA953 using XDA App

DreadPirateDan

Oct 16, 2011
Queensland
I'm pretty sure that the actual games themself have some coding issues and mess up on there own accord from time to time with touch screen input, but the multitouch bug certainly makes a mild problem much worse. (basing this on reviews you see ferom people with other devices saying stuff like "touch controls are glitchy" etc etc, alo I've experienced the occasional glitch on shadowgun playing on my Sony Tablet S)

If you have updated to official gingerbread, you are stuck on a non-downgradable kernel that has the multitouch bug.
If you are still on froyo the current roms using the CH GB kernel (the one that doesn't have multitouch bug) are CM9, CM7 defy port from endless7, Argen2Stone. (ms2ginger and blurless too possibly)

MIUI and CM7 use froyo kernels and have the bug.

marcoahs

Mar 2, 2011
Bauru-SP
I'm pretty sure that the actual games themself have some coding issues and mess up on there own accord from time to time with touch screen input, but the multitouch bug certainly makes a mild problem much worse. (basing this on reviews you see ferom people with other devices saying stuff like "touch controls are glitchy" etc etc, alo I've experienced the occasional glitch on shadowgun playing on my Sony Tablet S)

If you have updated to official gingerbread, you are stuck on a non-downgradable kernel that has the multitouch bug.
If you are still on froyo the current roms using the CH GB kernel (the one that doesn't have multitouch bug) are CM9, CM7 defy port from endless7, Argen2Stone. (ms2ginger and blurless too possibly)

It's possible to Switch the UK Kernel to CH Kernel?

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

The brazilian 2.3.6 kernel don't have this bug. If you upgraded for the GB Official, you can try the 2.3.6 brazilian...

mkyybx

Dec 4, 2011
No, certenly not. Because UK GB kernel is based on NEW BOOTLOADER , if you flash old chinese gb kernel or old froyo kernel ,you will get a black screen so you must flash the kernel that based on new BL.
The new chinese kernel is based on the new BL,too.(4.5.1-5)(I can't remember it clearly, it seems like this)
But the brazil 2.3.6 is based on the NEWER BL than UK or chinese new gb kernel. so never flash it.
Now the cm7 , cm9 , argen2stone , mokee os works on the new gb kernel well.

Last edited:

marcoahs

Mar 2, 2011
Bauru-SP
No certenly not. Because UK GB kernel is based on NEW BOOTLOADER , if you flash old chinese gb kernel or old froyo kernel ,you will get a black screen so you must flash the kernel that based on new BL.
The new chinese kernel is based on the new BL,too.(4.5.1-5)(I can't remember it clearly, it seems like this)
But the brazil 2.3.6 is based on the NEWER BL than UK or chinese new gb kernel. so never flash it.
Now the cm7 , cm9 , argen2stone , mokee os works on the new gb kernel well.

Yes, i know this, but i have flashed the 2.3.6 brazilian sbf. After this, i have flashed the Uk 2.3.4 and works... Why? If the brazilian BL is newer than UK BL? Why i don't have the black screen?

DreadPirateDan

Oct 16, 2011
Queensland
I thought anyone could flash the newer boot loader? It came out before the official update. It's just the kernel can't be changed once your on the UK GB kernel. Or at least that's as far as I'm aware.

For example, I could update my boot loader but still use the UK froyo kernel no worries, is what I mean.

Pretty swish at that brazilian kernel though, I've never looked into it since I never updated. So would he just be able to flash the BR kernel and see how that goes right?

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

If the brazilian BL is newer than UK BL? Why i don't have the black screen?

This is basically what I meant.. it's not the boot loader, it's the kernels. And since it's once of the kernels from official gingerbread, it's all sweet :D

rasecrmz

Aug 31, 2010
Tampico
www.mexdroid.com

Actually im coming from endless defy port and has the same touch bug that im facing with tezet's rom. I dont know maybe is some kind of hardware failure, or touch screen drivers poorly coded by moto. Im testing this issue with this game: Cartoon Wars: Gunner+ from Zenonia.

Playing this game with a Samsung Galaxy S2 doesnt have this weird multitouch bug. As i said, it happens just after using the multitouch from some time (maybe one minute more or less).

Playing with a Moto Razr has this bug (another moto, coincidence?). Maybe is the way the game handle the multitouch that is one way or another not compatible with moto kernels.

My point is, that in all of the m2 roms there are multitouch bugs (annoying in some roms, less annoying in others) and that is not a rom failure, thats moto's fail.

As i have said, i have used almost all the custom roms ( i havent flashed yet any of the GB sbf so im still safe XD) and in all of the i have multitouch issues.

I guess we have to deal with it, thanks Moto XD

And sorry for my very poor english.

Sent from my MotoA953 using XDA App

Last edited:

mkyybx

Dec 4, 2011
Sorry for may terrible english again. I am sorry that i can't understand your word " My main touch problems were with FPS games, it'd switch between what touch point it thought was point "a" and point "b", so I'd end up getting stuck running against a wall until I'd pause and resume. " although i have used google translate.

Now i list the touching bugs i have found.(a bit angry, why the words will be all deleted if i press del key after shift or alt key?)

1. When charging(especially via usb or chargers which have little current output), if you touch the screen without your body touching with the metal on the ms2 , the touch point will "fly" to all the screen(i have tried to play Talking Tom at that time, it was funny and crazy...)(this issue is mostly on froyo. and will be better if you flash cm7)
2. After you slide out the keyboard, for me, i will put my two fingers on my left hands on the metal around the screen. Sometimes when i slide the webpages with my right hand's fingers, the webpages will be zoomed automaticly.(only on official gb rom whatever uk or ch)
3. As i said yesterday, ms2 won't recognize you when you put two fingers with a short distance.(uk 2.3.4 kernel i haven'5 tset on the new chinese gb kernel)
4. Sometimes when i play fruit naja ,the ms2 won't response to my touching. I have to retouch and then works normally. I don't know how and when this issue will happen ,but in the multi touch test, i don't get this issue.
5. When i play dragon hunter2, sometimes i both touch the vitrual d-pad and the attack button and the d-pad will turn to the attack button.(i only test it on ch froyo official rom)
6. The same as my post, if you flash the miui(i flash the one by DoubleX from gfan), there will be a little square on the right-down screen with none touching response. And the whole screen isn't accurate.
7. ...... to be continue....

I think the best touching experience is from froyo uk rom. And the bugs are mainly caused by the metal around the screnn(i didn't get these issues on the defy and the touching on the defy is very very very nice)

mkyybx

Dec 4, 2011
I didn't try it myself, i only heard it on Gfan. If you downgrade successfully, it means the chinese new gb kernel, the europe gb kernel and the brazil kernel are all bsed on BL=6

DreadPirateDan

Oct 16, 2011
Queensland
@rasecrmz

Perhaps this issue is more-so related to the OMAP SOC used in these devices. If you know anyone with a galaxy s (1), see if they have the same issue. Then we know whether it's specifically those games having the issue with the hardware + drivers (and not with moto) or if it's only while on a moto device
The galaxy s uses an sgx540 while MS2 use a sgx530 (as I recall anyway). So pretty similar hardware inside. RAZR also uses sgx540.

@ mkyybx

I mean: My left thumb will be pressing the left side of the screen. My right thumb will be pressing the right side of the screen. Somehow it thinks they swap around, although they do not. The controls of the game I'm playing then fail.

That's pretty vague but it will hopefully translate better :).

Last edited:

mkyybx

Dec 4, 2011
It would be ok. To lock the BL stronger , moto have updated the bl version. Because the new bl will only apccept the sbf file that have moto official signed. I tried to push all the uk 2.3.4 rom files to the UK froyo official rom by the update.zip , but i failed because of the probem with the signature.

Chinese old gb kernel (4.5.3-77(109)) is based on old bl

marcoahs

Mar 2, 2011
Bauru-SP
I thought anyone could flash the newer boot loader? It came out before the official update. It's just the kernel can't be changed once your on the UK GB kernel. Or at least that's as far as I'm aware.

For example, I could update my boot loader but still use the UK froyo kernel no worries, is what I mean.

Pretty swish at that brazilian kernel though, I've never looked into it since I never updated. So would he just be able to flash the BR kernel and see how that goes right?

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

This is basically what I meant.. it's not the boot loader, it's the kernels. And since it's once of the kernels from official gingerbread, it's all sweet :D

Yes, i think like you. I don't updated my BL. It's the same: 70.12. The kernel is the problem. But, if i sucessfully downgraded 2.3.6 Br to 2.3.4 UK, i can flash the CH 2.3.4, right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The kernel for the official gingerbread release still has the multitouch bug, are you experiencing this issue still?
    I can confirm that installing a screen protector eliminates the multi-touch bug. With protector on (a cheap one) me phone is working as it should.