Phone Runs HOT when idle?

Search This thread

ryno9100

Jul 15, 2013
Huntsville
Alright. I have an HTC One running Paranoid Android 4.4.2 Beta 2 (just switched from CM 11 to test it out), and my phone has, 3 times now since I got it completely set up, gotten VERY hot (hotter than it does when I play Galaxy on Fire 2) and dropped about 10% battery in less than a minute.

I have XPosed installed and I use Greenify to make sure nothing can keep my device wakelocked. I can make a list of applications I have installed if that will help. I keep location services off, GPS off,use the standard Google keyboard and default Paranoid Android launcher.

A list of what I have installed:
9GAG First
Audiko ringtones
Adobe Reader
ActivityForceNewTask
Countdown widget
Dota2TV
Facebook
FX file Manager
FX Text Editor
Galaxy On Fire 2 HD (will run hot when playing, but I have it set to always shut off in background)
GravityBox [KK]
Humble Bundle Beta
My Banking App (unnamed because I'm paranoid)
Planning Center Services
Shazam
Soundcloud
Spotify
Steam
Terminal Emulator
Twitch
Xposed Installer
YouTube
YouTube AdAway

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2013
Alright. I have an HTC One running Paranoid Android 4.4.2 Beta 2 (just switched from CM 11 to test it out), and my phone has, 3 times now since I got it completely set up, gotten VERY hot (hotter than it does when I play Galaxy on Fire 2) and dropped about 10% battery in less than a minute.

I have XPosed installed and I use Greenify to make sure nothing can keep my device wakelocked. I can make a list of applications I have installed if that will help. I keep location services off, GPS off,use the standard Google keyboard and default Paranoid Android launcher.

A list of what I have installed:
9GAG First
Audiko ringtones
Adobe Reader
ActivityForceNewTask
Countdown widget
Dota2TV
Facebook
FX file Manager
FX Text Editor
Galaxy On Fire 2 HD (will run hot when playing, but I have it set to always shut off in background)
GravityBox [KK]
Humble Bundle Beta
My Banking App (unnamed because I'm paranoid)
Planning Center Services
Shazam
Soundcloud
Spotify
Steam
Terminal Emulator
Twitch
Xposed Installer
YouTube
YouTube AdAway

Sounds like some processes are going crazy under the cover! You might want to re-flash your rom, if you still have the issue. Also, teamseven kernels for htc one m7 let you control the maximum temperature your phone generates :) Good luck

Dec 26, 2013
I'll look in to kernels. I don't know a lot about them. Lol.

Great things, download and flash just like a rom. You can find them under kernels while on the HTC One M7 profile here on xda :) lets you do a lot of things such as overclocking, undervolting, different wake and sleep options, Logo2Menu etc. Just make sure you wipe properly prior to flashing! I personally get better battery life with TeamSeven, but try them out for yourself. It depends on the ROM, the aren't all compatible you know ;) Remember that the kernel needs a few charging cycles before your phone gets used to it, so expect it to work fully after a few days :)
Good luck mate, hope it helped!

ryno9100

Jul 15, 2013
Huntsville
Great things, download and flash just like a rom. You can find them under kernels while on the HTC One M7 profile here on xda :) lets you do a lot of things such as overclocking, undervolting, different wake and sleep options, Logo2Menu etc. Just make sure you wipe properly prior to flashing! I personally get better battery life with TeamSeven, but try them out for yourself. It depends on the ROM, the aren't all compatible you know ;) Remember that the kernel needs a few charging cycles before your phone gets used to it, so expect it to work fully after a few days :)
Good luck mate, hope it helped!

I appreciate it man. Did a little researching on what kernels even are first. If I get spare time at work, I'll look into custom ones today. :)