4.3 official AT&T update

Search This thread

hovax615@hotmail.com

Jan 4, 2009
Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
Dang... I'm going to try upgrading to 4.3 one more time using survival mode and if it fails again. I will just unroot/Odin and use vRoot after the upgrade

If you unroot you will have to fully unroot even if you hit unroot in supersu you will have files in your phone that will cause your phone not to update and you will have to use the adb sideload method to get to 4.3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

They claim that it works with 4.3. Can you please describe how it failed - error messages, etc.

Thank you

Who claims that it works? If it is not on the galaxy s4 then it won't work. People have claimed that kingo rooted their note 3 but this is two different phones even though its both 4.3 does not mean the same method will work for both phones. I only tried rooting with kingo when I was mj6 and mj9. It would recognize the phone and act like it is rooting the phone but you'll get a constant restart on your phone like it has rooted your phone but it can't put the needed files on your phone for it to be rooted.

Reactions: Mosch26 and erweb

erweb

Nov 18, 2011
If you unroot you will have to fully unroot even if you hit unroot in supersu you will have files in your phone that will cause your phone not to update and you will have to use the adb sideload method to get to 4.3.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Who claims that it works? If it is not on the galaxy s4 then it won't work. People have claimed that kingo rooted their note 3 but this is two different phones even though its both 4.3 does not mean the same method will work for both phones. I only tried rooting with kingo when I was mj6 and mj9. It would recognize the phone and act like it is rooting the phone but you'll get a constant restart on your phone like it has rooted your phone but it can't put the needed files on your phone for it to be rooted.

They are - they claim that since the version 1.1.4 released on 11/21 they support 4.3. Prior to that - no. They don't list i337 among their supported devices though.
I have mk2.
I was about to try, but since you said the phone keeps rebooting after the upgrade ... Hate to waste time re-flashing, re-updating and and re-customizing.

Thank you

hovax615@hotmail.com

Jan 4, 2009
They are - they claim that since the version 1.1.4 released on 11/21 they support 4.3. Prior to that - no. They don't list i337 among their supported devices though.
I have mk2.
I was about to try, but since you said the phone keeps rebooting after the upgrade ... Hate to waste time re-flashing, re-updating and and re-customizing.

Thank you

Well trying to root with kingo won't do anything to your phone but just restart it that's it. Your not going to lose anything and you won't have to re-flash, re-update, and re-customize.

Reactions: erweb

aycockonxion

Jul 15, 2012
Tulsa

I will state right now that kingo does in fact root the S4 with 4.3 MK2. I have done so successfully on 2 i337 MK2 devices, and no issues to report. However, it is considered a 'sketchy' root because it evidently sends your IMEI to a Chinese server for an unknown reason. You DO have to essentially disable KNOX for it to work properly.

Reactions: erweb

Mosch26

Feb 29, 2012
Orlando, FL

Yeah, I'll do that later tonight/tomorrow and report back. The update us not installing for me, it keeps failing at like 25% when it is in recovery

randun

Oct 6, 2009
Hillsborough
www.linkedin.com
Started on 11/27. Acknowledge trouble with some user's make & build though. I'm working with them now. Will post an update when my phone is successfully updated.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro

Not successfully updated yet but the AT&T rep I'm working with has now engaged a Dev on my issue. Found out late Friday that my phone number wasn't matching the IMEI. Will hopefully have more news on Monday.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro

erweb

Nov 18, 2011
I will state right now that kingo does in fact root the S4 with 4.3 MK2. I have done so successfully on 2 i337 MK2 devices, and no issues to report. However, it is considered a 'sketchy' root because it evidently sends your IMEI to a Chinese server for an unknown reason. You DO have to essentially disable KNOX for it to work properly.
This is good to know! Thanks!!
"Essentially disable" KNOX - just turn it off or something more involved?
They claim that they stopped sending IMEI, just the serial number which they "need to root".
Thanks again.

hovax615@hotmail.com

Jan 4, 2009

Thanks for correcting me. As you can see from my post I only tried it with mj6 and mj9 not mk2

Reactions: SystemErrorOne

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Well after a couple days of trying.. and setting clock to like Dec 31st... Managed to OTA, seems to work well around 3am EST. Also I did keep root using SuperSU Pro and survival mode.
Thing I DID notice tho that annoys me.. is alot more bloat was installed... like Lookout security is now force kept.. unless you rip it out using titanium backup. Kinda annoying that they force that one when say you prefer avast or so. Anyone have a solid list of whats safe to fully debloat remove?

bigube

Jan 10, 2009
Did you ever get the update fails while you were trying to update because that's all i get everytime i try to ota.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium

jonyoung28

May 29, 2008
I tried and tried to update OTA. Finally got it to work after uninstalling the Xposed Framework. Kept root using SuperSU survival mode too. No issues so far.

Mosch26

Feb 29, 2012
Orlando, FL
I give up with this OTA... Tried at least 10 times and if it doesn't download, it fails at 25% in recovery. Odined back to stock MF3 and unrooted in SuperSU. This update will not install for me for some reason. Looks like it's time to learn how to sideload on this thing

Last edited:

hovax615@hotmail.com

Jan 4, 2009
I give up with this OTA... Tried at least 10 times and if it doesn't download, it fails at 25% in recovery. Odined back to stock MF3 and unrooted in SuperSU. This update will not install for me for some reason. Looks like it's time to learn how to sideload on this thing

Side loading is probably the easiest thing to do. All you have to do is download adb. I used adb fastboot on my laptop. If you know how to use ms-dos, its basically the same thing and really easy.

Reactions: Mosch26

Mosch26

Feb 29, 2012
Orlando, FL
Side loading is probably the easiest thing to do. All you have to do is download adb. I used adb fastboot on my laptop. If you know how to use ms-dos, its basically the same thing and really easy.

Ok, sweet! Thanks! I did it on my nexus 7 and thought it would be a bit more difficult on this device :p but, after digging for a bit, it looks like it's the exact same process

Top Liked Posts