[Q] Wiped Everything, How to Recover?

Search This thread

v2.2v

Jun 10, 2010
Were you just trying to factory reset? You might have wiped system as well. If so, you would need to flash another ROM. But if you literally wiped everything, then that means you wiped internal storage, too. Which means you will not have anything to flash in twrp. Therefore, yes, you will have to use the flash tool in that link, and flash the stock image

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Matt_T123

Matt_T123

Mar 7, 2014
Awesome, Thanks. I knew I was doing something wrong, when I wiped it. But I guess I get to learn a little more, the hard way.

RIPBAP1999

Jul 6, 2008
Huntington
If you haven't ran lg stock tool yet you can sideload a ROM using adb. Hold on and let me find the link. That way you don't lose root or twrp

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2318497

Just follow instructions. Its from HTC one thread but it works on all devices. If you're device shows up on adb.

Reactions: Matt_T123

Matt_T123

Mar 7, 2014
No, thank you for the follow up though.
It just happened that when I did this I was one day into a 7 day shift at work(a mining camp) and for some reason the LG Mobile Upgrade Tool won't install on my computer, which I think is because of the networks here.
So I am really hoping that it will install when I get home, It installs to 10% then stops and the only info I can find on the problem is to try deleting all other LG apps first and changing Firewall/proxy settings, which I cannot change here.
If you have any other ideas that would be appreciated. I asked LG on their website for any help with the app install.

Last edited:

Matt_T123

Mar 7, 2014
If you haven't ran lg stock tool yet you can sideload a ROM using adb. Hold on and let me find the link. That way you don't lose root or twrp

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Just follow instructions. Its from HTC one thread but it works on all devices. If you're device shows up on adb.

Thanks, I never saw this post, I am a real beginner at all of this, can I really just sideload a ROM, because the other method is the kdz file. I only question this, because one file is 211MB and the other is 1.8GB am I missing something else? Also if sideloading does not work, can I still try the flash method after? Im not worried about losing root or twrp, as they are very easy to reinstall.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Were you just trying to factory reset? You might have wiped system as well. If so, you would need to flash another ROM. But if you literally wiped everything, then that means you wiped internal storage, too. Which means you will not have anything to flash in twrp. Therefore, yes, you will have to use the flash tool in that link, and flash the stock image

Awesome, Thanks. I knew I was doing something wrong, when I wiped it. But I guess I get to learn a little more, the hard way.

No problem. So are you up and running? All fixed?