Serious Issues With Rooting

Search This thread

Ikkuh84

Nov 7, 2010
Den Bosch
then another question: what's the radio version & when you go into the bootloader/fastboot while your phone is connected to your pc via usb (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Fastboot#Access_bootloader) and run the following fastboot commands:
Code:
fastboot getvar cid
Code:
fastboot getvar mainver
what values do you get out of it?

Radioversion: Radio-7.13.35.13

I'll now try the link you gave :)

fastboot getvar cid:

cid: HTC__E11

fastboot getvar mainver:

mainver: 31.405.4

Last edited:

mph_aut

Dec 6, 2010
ok, this is strange - because the conditions set in android-info.txt inside the rom.zip file of htc's unlock actually should get you covered (assuming it is mainver 1.31.405.4):
Code:
cidnum:BM___***
cidnum:FASTW***
cidnum:HTC__***
cidnum:KT___***
cidnum:VODAP***
modelid: PB7610000
modelid: PB7611000
cidnum: 11111111
mainver: 3.30.0.0
hbootpreupdate:12
DelCache: 1

in another thread it was supposed that this problem might appear when a radio, newer than the one the RUU shipps with, is already present on the device.
you therefore might want to try downgrading/flashing radio version 7.13.35.05 first, then see if you can install the stock rom ruu and afterwards the bootloader unlock. otherwise i'd be out of suggestions :-/

Ikkuh84

Nov 7, 2010
Den Bosch
When I try to downgrade my radio it says the following:

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported. Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the Clockworkmod. Please switch to edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.

Installation aborted.

So when I turn ''Script asserts'' on, I still get the same message ....

mph_aut

Dec 6, 2010
go to rom manager and all "cwm recovery systems" at the bottom of the menu entries. in there select 2.5.0.7 and try to fake-flash the radio from rom manager with the older cwm 2.5.0.7 - that should work...
can you also check again that your mainver is 1.31.405.4 and not 31.405.4 (since this could also explain the troubles)

Ikkuh84

Nov 7, 2010
Den Bosch
:) He installed the Radio downgrade perfectly now :)

Image-version: 31.405.4

Trying to downgrade image version now to 3.15.405.6

Bummer, still doesn't dowgrade:

Error[140]: Bootloaderversion is wrong

Last edited:

mph_aut

Dec 6, 2010
something seems to have screwed up with the value of your mainver (should be 1.31.405.4) - this should be stored somewhere on the phone's misc partition. i don't know if it's possible to alter that value in an easy way...

however you can try to open the rom.zip file from htc's bootloader unlocker with 7-zip, edit android-info.txt and changing mainver in there to 31.405.4, that your device is currently showing (however the normal format of mainver would be with three dots, so i don't know if this can/will work). then save the txt file, rename rom.zip to LEGEIMG.zip, put it on the sdcard and try applying the update in bootloader again.

Ikkuh84

Nov 7, 2010
Den Bosch
Out of the blue he loaded LEGEIMG (the one you gave me yesterday). Now I see in Bootloader ''Locked'' in pink. But he won't down- or upgrade my ROM. Everytime it's says my ROM is not supported.

Also tried with 7-zip and renaming the version; same result.

Strangest of all: everytime the ROM version changes.

mph_aut

Dec 6, 2010
ok, so now you apperently managed to flash the unlockable bootloader from htc dev succesfully (should now display hboot version 1.02.000)... now you can delete legeimg.zip from your sdcard (and don't have to worry for rom up/downgrades at the moment) & proceed with htc's instructions to unlock: http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/unlock-instructions

Last edited:
Reactions: Ikkuh84

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok, so now you apperently managed to flash the unlockable bootloader from htc dev succesfully (should now display hboot version 1.02.000)... now you can delete legeimg.zip from your sdcard (and don't have to worry for rom up/downgrades at the moment) & proceed with htc's instructions to unlock: http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/unlock-instructions