Camera becomes purple !!!

Search This thread

Justinhopaolo

May 15, 2011
Anybody knows how much the camera replacement costs if don't have the warranty?

Sent from my HTC Butterfly S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown
Anybody knows how much the camera replacement costs if don't have the warranty?

Sent from my HTC Butterfly S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Aren't you still covered by warranty? Just flash back stock Rom followed by recovery. Faulty camera has nothing to do with software. HTC will replace no questions asked. Call them and they will pick it up.

It's goodbye from me. Traded in for oppo find 7a. Thoroughly enjoying it. Great pics, bigger screen, very fast charging time, double tap to wake and sleep, gestures...and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.:D

ebautista

Mar 31, 2008
Malabon
Aren't you still covered by warranty? Just flash back stock Rom followed by recovery. Faulty camera has nothing to do with software. HTC will replace no questions asked. Call them and they will pick it up.

It's goodbye from me. Traded in for oppo find 7a. Thoroughly enjoying it. Great pics, bigger screen, very fast charging time, double tap to wake and sleep, gestures...and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.:D

I sent it also for repair. They have repaired it without asking. I even had supersu app still installed after reverting to stock.

After my bs delivered back to me, i will replace it with oppo find 7 or even 7a. Had a test on it, i would say it is decent. Though i love the form factor of bs(except the bezel)

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown
I sent it also for repair. They have repaired it without asking. I even had supersu app still installed after reverting to stock.

After my bs delivered back to me, i will replace it with oppo find 7 or even 7a. Had a test on it, i would say it is decent. Though i love the form factor of bs(except the bezel)

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Good for you. You won't regret it. The shop has told me they will take back my 7a at a fixed price when I trade it in for 7 when it arrives...based on how well I've looked after my butterfly s.:D

FYL21

Mar 18, 2013
I still have purple tiger-stripes under low-light in KitKat. The phone seems to heat a lot more easily now and in low light it's quite obvious =/

psycho29

May 4, 2007
Ordino
Pink camera problem here too!!!

I also have the same problem, but biggest problem now is, I live near Spain, in Andorra, and my phone was bought in Asia, so, I don't really know what to do now to get warranty on my phone.

I have a friend that told me about problems on shipping phones with battery on it, they are getting rejected in China, so, huge problem in order to solve this using warranty. :mad:

Maybe buying the camera and changing it here will be even cheaper than having to send my BS to China, any suggestion?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I guess you'll have to do it the hard way. I think the following should work:
    1. S-OFF your phone if it's not already
    2. download a stock ROM from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2422783
    3. flash the ROM (this undoes root and any mods in /system)
    4. reboot into recovery, adb shell, reset the "tampered" flag and lock the device according to these instructions: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540434
    5. download the latest firmware.zip from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2422783, rename it to PO68IMG.zip
    6. copy PO68IMG.zip to the external SD card
    7. reboot into bootloader – this should flash the original firmware, including the stock recovery
    8. factory reset

At this point the phone should be as stock as possible.

Your method Works !! Thank you very much! Sorry for the long time since my wife FINALLY AGREED to repair the phone recently ~:angel:

but I have a question: after I restore all the stuff (s-on, locked, no "tampered" flag ), I try an Offical OTA update from the phone (i.e. settings --> software update) and it shows "Tampered" immediately after reboot into Hboot and not allow me to go on. I have to do the whole thing again :( to get S-off --> reset tampered flag + locked the bootloader, s-on) and avoid Offical OTA update from the phone ~~~:(

And there is few tricks during "restoration work":

1) If the phone is already Android 4.3 (that means you already get the lastest offical update), then rumrunner will not work, as the Hboot is also upgraded to 1.55 from 1.54.

However, using "firewater" in Hboot 1.55 is OK.

- I am not quite familar with ADB command. I realized that I can execute ADB command when the phone is ON, USB connected with USB debugging ON. no need to boot into recovery or fastboot etc (I spent quite a lot of time to figure it out !:eek:)

- Just copy the "firewater" file into your adb command folder and execute the script , then your phone reboot several times, and will get s-off

- be sure to grant the SU request automatically so that your won't miss the SU requests during the process

2) When you update the latest firmware, be sure you are flashing the lastest Offical ROM also.

I've flash the old rom (probably 1.23.708.3 OTA) and the lastest firmware here, I got bootloop.
    And I tried to flash 2.21.708.1 CL288207 (should be the lastest OTA update) and the lastest firmware and everything is OK

3) After all the instruction, the phone is locked, no tampered flag but there is one more thing left: to get the phone from S-off to S-on

Boot into bootloader --> fastboot. type the command "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" and you will get S-on again.

Be sure this is the last step or you will have to s-off again which takes a lot of time ~~~

[/B]

After all the steps, I sent the phone to HTC and they did not say anything about "void warranty" or "your phone software is modified", so I think once your phone is S-on, no tampered flag, locked bootloader, your warranty is still OK~

I will go pick up the phone today. HTC staff said they have replaced the camera hardware, hope the purple issue will be solved !!:p
    Thx
    in fact it is my wife's phone who brought July last year. The purple issue is not new actually. It happened since she brought it.

I am going to bring back to HTC but my phone is unlocked and rooted. So I am looking for ways to lock it back and unroot. Unfortunately there is too little info in here XDA forum. Can u help ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

I guess you'll have to do it the hard way. I think the following should work:
    1. S-OFF your phone if it's not already
    2. download a stock ROM from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2422783
    3. flash the ROM (this undoes root and any mods in /system)
    4. reboot into recovery, adb shell, reset the "tampered" flag and lock the device according to these instructions: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540434
    5. download the latest firmware.zip from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2422783, rename it to PO68IMG.zip
    6. copy PO68IMG.zip to the external SD card
    7. reboot into bootloader – this should flash the original firmware, including the stock recovery
    8. factory reset

At this point the phone should be as stock as possible.
    Purple

I think it is definitely a hardware issue similar to the HTC One. Hardware warranty is the way to go. :)
    Hi, is it your phone return back to you since you have been sent to HTC. WHat's the status of your purple tint? Recently I found my BS also have this kind of issue. I bought it since last year September.

Thanks,

Everything went fine All Tint is gone!!! HTC say nothing about my phone being tampered or else. They said they replace the camera unit of the phone .:D