[Q] VK810- random "loading" icon appears.

Search This thread

rellog321

Jun 26, 2014
I bought and second hand Verizon LG 8.3 a few weeks ago for my wife. She used it trouble free for about 2-3 weeks, but just last week, it has started acting weird. I began with random crashes to desktop during some of the games she plays (Soduku, Wheel of Fortune, etc.) After reset, it wasn't crashing to desktop, but the screen goes blank temporarily then returns to normal. When reading a Nook book, the screen will go blank (not black, just words disappear) and the loading wheel appears. After 1-2 seconds, it returns to the normal page. Additionally, occasionally, the Nook settings bar appears randomly, as well. It has a Otter case, which I removed to test, but the issues persist. I has the stock 4.2.2, and I have not tried rooting or any major changes as of yet. I have tried factory reset 3 times now.

I contacted LG, but they just want it shipped back with receipt (which I don't have), or else they can't do anything. Any ideas here? Can this be hardware related? Should I try rooting first? Wait for the Kitkat update to see if that fixes it, etc?

rellog321

Jun 26, 2014
Update

I just thought I would update, in case anyone else runs into this issue with the G Pad 8.3.

Turns out, it was the SIM card. After purchasing it, the 4G service was still active for a couple of weeks (Verizon's 4G is fast, btw...) so it remained in the tablet. It took a several days after the service ended for the issue to appear, and then it dawned on me; even though the 4G service was turned off, that the SIM may affecting the system. Sure enough, after removing the SIM card all is well. Wish I would have thought of it before resetting the thing like 10 times, but better late than never... :cyclops:

Maybe this would be obvious to others, but having never used a SIM card, it never even occurred to me. So just a heads up to anyone buying a Verizon LG 8.3; make sure the SIM card is removed, if you plan on not using the cellular service...