[MOD] Tethering fix and just the tethering fix (based on the UCLJ3 ROM)

Search This thread

pballer2oo7

Mar 10, 2008
Download the attached framework-res.apk. Use it to replace the one in /system/framework/ and the built-in Settings -> Tethering and portable hotspot -> Portable Wi-Fi hotspot feature will work without launching the provisioning app and requiring you call your provider for a tethering plan.

Cheers!

Postscript
This post is mostly for me. This work has been done by others before but I could never find a framework-res.apk that had this fix and only this fix. All the other ones I have come across, the mod would always include crt animation or toggle mods (etc.) that I don't really want.

I pulled the framework-res.apk from dman3285's UCLJ3 Pure Stock ROM (my recommended ROM, btw: Google Play services works). I used apktool 1.5.2 to unpack the framework, edited the arrays.xml file following electron73's instructions, and then repacked with apktool.

Attachments

• framework-res.apk
    7.6 MB · Views: 152

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download the attached framework-res.apk. Use it to replace the one in /system/framework/ and the built-in Settings -> Tethering and portable hotspot -> Portable Wi-Fi hotspot feature will work without launching the provisioning app and requiring you call your provider for a tethering plan.

Cheers!

Postscript
    This post is mostly for me. This work has been done by others before but I could never find a framework-res.apk that had this fix and only this fix. All the other ones I have come across, the mod would always include crt animation or toggle mods (etc.) that I don't really want.

I pulled the framework-res.apk from dman3285's UCLJ3 Pure Stock ROM (my recommended ROM, btw: Google Play services works). I used apktool 1.5.2 to unpack the framework, edited the arrays.xml file following electron73's instructions, and then repacked with apktool.