Where to buy the "real" TF700T dock?

Search This thread

fsured

Jul 25, 2011
For anyone in the US still wanting to purchase the dock, BestBuy has it for $99 right now. ($106 after tax) That is $50 cheaper than normal price and beats Amazon current price of $132. I just bought one on the way home and so far it really has made for a different experience. All the reviews were hinting to toward the true transformation in the device with the dock but I didn't have the money for both items at the time. Kind of mad at myself for not getting it sooner.

Kisakuku

Oct 31, 2011
HTC One (m7)
HTC EVO 3D
For anyone in the US still wanting to purchase the dock, BestBuy has it for $99 right now. ($106 after tax) That is $50 cheaper than normal price and beats Amazon current price of $132. I just bought one on the way home and so far it really has made for a different experience. All the reviews were hinting to toward the true transformation in the device with the dock but I didn't have the money for both items at the time. Kind of mad at myself for not getting it sooner.

BB only has the plastic-backed AD01 version by now, if that's something that matters to you.

fsured

Jul 25, 2011
I didn't know there was different model in regards to plastic backing. I know the TF700 version of the dock has a smaller battery and more weight to prevent it tipping over. It is a AD01 model I got though.

Petschska

Jul 30, 2012
Clearly, the grass is always greener on the other side. At first we were looking for the one and only REAL TF700 dock as opposed to a re-labeled TF201 dock, then when the plastic AD01 came out and TF201 inventory dried up, we reversed course and started looking for the GENUINE aluminum TF201 docks. The irony of this is not lost on me...

I know! I was holding out for a clear TF700 dock, but I ended up buying what I was avoiding! A lesson in pulling the trigger.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the tip; I guess OD doesn't move much of its dock inventory. I checked couple local BBs, found about 30 AD01 docks, no TF201's. Both ODs I visited had two TF201 docks with July '12 S/N's each, no AD01's.

Clearly, the grass is always greener on the other side. At first we were looking for the one and only REAL TF700 dock as opposed to a re-labeled TF201 dock, then when the plastic AD01 came out and TF201 inventory dried up, we reversed course and started looking for the GENUINE aluminum TF201 docks. The irony of this is not lost on me...

Did I read that correctly? The TF201 dock is made from aluminum and the TF700 dock is made from plastic?

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
Did I read that correctly? The TF201 dock is made from aluminum and the TF700 dock is made from plastic?

Yep - you read it correctly... Although, just to clarify, the new AD01 model isn't specifically for the TF201 or the TF700 - it's compatible with most of their newer tablets, so it's kind of a "universal" dock - at least that's the way that I understand it.

The AD01 is plastic though, thats for sure. I'm guessing that they did it to keep the weight down? Or maybe because it was cheaper to make! :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the tip; I guess OD doesn't move much of its dock inventory. I checked couple local BBs, found about 30 AD01 docks, no TF201's. Both ODs I visited had two TF201 docks with July '12 S/N's each, no AD01's.

How much were the TF201's at OD?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought the AD01 after not finding any older models at local Best Buys. Fortunately, I found a TF201 dock at Office Depot! OD did pricematch BB so I got it for $100. Locking mechanism felt the same on both. I did not notice any difference in viewing angles before it tipped backwards on a slippery surface. The color of the TF201 dock matches the Infinity perfectly, while the AD01 plastic is much darker and even the metal front is a shade darker than my Infinity. The traction pads and connector symbols are slightly different and as someone previously mentioned. I'm very pleased with the change and I recommend everyone scour their local stores.

Boxes
    uploadfromtaptalk1358992469858.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358992507615.jpg

Visual Difference
    uploadfromtaptalk1358992522921.jpg

Labels on Docks
    uploadfromtaptalk1358992543651.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358992555290.jpg

Sent from my SGS3 using Tapatalk.
    Just bought a dock from Best Buy today. Had the TF700 stickers over the TF201 sticker. But honestly people. This is the real dock. It even came with the new firmware. Nothing installed when i first the tablet into it and its up to date. Feels great to me. Fits perfect. The lock clicks fine. I think that we are chasing the REAL TF700 dock for nothing. If people had problems with it fitting, they must have had a defective dock or tablet. Even if the real dock does exist, I'm 100% happy with this dock. Everything seems to work. All the buttons work. What do you have to lose? Get it from Best Buy, stickers over stickers or not. If you hate it or have a problem, return it! Best Buy is good like that.
    I can confirm that my TF700 does not "tip over" when tilted back all of the way... I have the dock that had the TF700 sticker over the TF201 designation...

I can confirm that my TF700 does not "tip over" when tilted back all of the way... I have the dock that had the TF700 sticker over the TF201 designation...

I second this, its stable all the way back. Give it a push and it might fall, but its not going to fall on its own. I feel that its safe.

Sent from EVO LTE using the XDA app
    I second this, its stable all the way back. Give it a push and it might fall, but its not going to fall on its own. I feel that its safe.

Sent from EVO LTE using the XDA app

I can confirm this also. Just picked up the dock from Best Buy today. Had a sticker over the tf201, but that may be a miss print because the same label has TF-700T-DOCK-GR printed on it.