[AOSPA 4.2.1] PARANOIDANDROID 2.99 betaNINE.9+ (Jan 14)

Search This thread

Utacka

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 19, 2012
Stockholm
www.utacka.se
Power menu settings FC & NFC prob as reported in CM thread.

√ xda-premium | note²

I might have a fix for nfc, file is on my computer and im at work but I will publish it later after some testing tonight.

Edit: I remotely pulled my files and tested my nfc fix and it worked. Need to make a cwm flash when I get home, will publish the fix tonight with more info.

Skickat från min GT-N7100 via Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

quertiy

May 25, 2010
I can't believe this rom really exists. Per app dpi. My God...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

CrimzonEyed

Sep 6, 2010
Gävle
Can the on screen home/back/menu be removed or is it there at all? Feels kinda useless to have two of each.

And since this rom seems to be really popular on other devices I might give it a go later today.

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Sweden
IF I understood utaka correct imilka releases the upstream versions of PA.
Utaka will release the nightlies of PA.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

gtizon

Aug 14, 2011
Manila
Just curious imilka, will this work with custom kernel or does it come with its own special kernel? Thank you!

Sent from my Note II

quertiy

May 25, 2010
Sooooo... the person on the other end can't hear me. I learned that today the hard way (when needing 911).

edit: is there a way to make the status bar transparent? The cm specific settings do not work.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eCaravanier

Jun 12, 2012
I might be stupid but can I disable the hardware buttons backlights? I enabled the soft keys and disable the hard keys but they still light up when I press them.

EDIT : I found how to turn off the backlighting, but when I long press the Menu button, it still launches Google Now. Anyway to fix that?
Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

lolmensch

Jul 14, 2009
FarFarAway
I might be stupid but can I disable the hardware buttons backlights? I enabled the soft keys and disable the hard keys but they still light up when I press them.

EDIT : I found how to turn off the backlighting, but when I long press the Menu button, it still launches Google Now. Anyway to fix that?
Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

long press menu behaviour in the cm alike system settings.

Ars-Hexis

Jul 17, 2012
Nice ROM :D

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Basic touching and pressure sensitivity works perfect

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

So, could one install S-note/S-Calendar and rip the TW keyboard and signatures out of the stock N7100 Sammy FW and possibly have those working?

Ultimately giving you a PA+TW "hybrid" FW... See what I did there? lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app

imilka

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2010
Moscow
So, could one install S-note/S-Calendar and rip the TW keyboard and signatures out of the stock N7100 Sammy FW and possibly have those working?

Ultimately giving you a PA+TW "hybrid" FW... See what I did there? lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app

No that won't work cause samsung apps are based on TW framework and therefore won't work on AOSP.

ajaffarali

Feb 7, 2005
Dubai
Flashed this and an stuck at the flashing logo with blinking eyes. Not sure why its not getting past that. How do you enter recovery model on the Note 2?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    untitled-22pjyp.png

untitled-11cbkj.png

AOSPA for legacy devices (non-nexus) is still in progress. Consider this build as a early preview.\

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM, GAPPS
    4. FLASH FIX: http://dev.imilka.eu/pa/telephonyfix2.zip
    5. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    6. REBOOT
    PA 2.99+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

FEATURES for 2.99,

Hybrid engine +++ Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app,--
    that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts +++ Per app Size, scal
    e apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as
    small or big as you like +++ Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and-
    navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one a
    pp to another +++ Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app--
    available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treas
    ures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device. +++ You can
    use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Ph
    ablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your m
    arket, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need
    to edit system files for that. +++ Transparent bars and color pickers, new Syst
    emUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89 +++ Theming Engine +++ Statusbar Settings,
    Lockscreen Settings +++ Multiuser support +++ Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles +++
    4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps As we merge back our old CMPA feature--
    catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks +++ New holo-s
    tyled theme chooser +++ T9 dialer +++ New papreferences app-----------------EOF

GALLERY,

mako_5iscid.png

TUTORIAL,

untitled1unbtd.jpg

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png
    aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png
    aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png
    aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png
    aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

Eh, sorry guys, I'm very busy these days :(
    I hope I'll be able to finish compiling an update very soon.
    Yep we're working on it, some telephony changes for legacy devices in frameworks have gone with v3.0, so we need to reapply them.
    I have replied everyone interested, sorry about that.
    Now i'm going to spend my time on CM-PA since 4.2 sources are released.