[Stock Rom][LB/UB] NEXPERIA ZR 4.3 10.4.B.0.569 Google Xperience (Port)

Search This thread

Ilko

May 30, 2007
Funky town
ilkos-home.blogspot.com
I think this has nothing to do with updating or not. I always use latest stuffs though when possible.

it's the philz one included in the ROM. I've also tried the one ported by @[NUT]. Same problem. It's not really disturbing, as long as I can boot into recovery by apps or menu.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before we begin, you must agree that I'll be not held responsible if anything goes wrong or your phone gets bricked or lightning strikes it while following this guide. You try this guide at your own risk. This guide has been personally built and tested by me on my own Xperia ZR phone and works great without any issues. Make sure you read the instructions very carefully before you start.

First of all, I say a very BIG THANK YOU @GROGG88 for giving me the permission to port this rom for our Xperia ZR. So all credit goes to him. Guys, please consider donating this great developer. Thanks man for this wonderful Rom. :)
    **edited by @GROGG88, 'I give permission for everything. Donations and mentions are never needed! I simply share what I make for myself. Let's keep XDA open and friendly to all who contribute! Seeing as XZR has limited contributors, let's make sure everyone hits that thanks button for @ralf_waldo'**

Features:

This is a very stripped down and basic ROM designed to give more of a basic Google Experience while still running like Xperia. Especially good for those of us with locked bootloaders...

• Nexus 5 KitKat Launcher, Calendar, Camera, Email, Clock, Keyboard, and Gallery
    • Nexus bootanimation
    • Fully Deodexed
    • Root (no fix required)
    • Init.d support
    • Sony and other bloatware stripped
    • Xperia Z Camera
    • Z1 Camera Add-ons (Info-Eye, Timeshift, BG Defocus)
    • AOSP Camera with working Photo Sphere
    • AOSP Browser
    • Xposed Installer
    • Gravity Box
    • AOSP Nav Bar Icons
    • AOSP Style Status Bar Icons
    • Status and Nav Bar Transparency
    • Dark Themed Settings and Small App Launcher
    • KitKat Themed Status Bar Icons and Highlights
    • Custom Default Theme App
    • Active "Ok Google..." Voice Search
    • Working Xperia ZR Dual Recovery by NUT

Screenshots

9tdv.png
    xc62.png
    xfqq.png
    hvcd.png
    u2nn.png
    4352.png

System Requirements:

• Current Firmware: Any stock 4.2.2 or 4.3 rom.
    • Root: Yes, you need root.
    • Recovery: Yes, you need recovery.
    • Flashtool: Yes, you need flashtool.
    • Locked / Unlocked Bootloader.

Installation Instructions:

1)Revert to a fresh Stock 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 or 4.3 with rooted and recovery installed.

2)Download the file at the link below and then copy GROGG_NEXPERIA_ZR.zip file to your SD Card.

3)Boot into recovery. Create a backup. Then Wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, also use the option -"Clean to install a new rom" and then flash the GROGG_NEXPERIA_ZR.zip. Please again wipe dalvik cache after flashing rom and read the note below.

Note: Now, if you're already on rooted 4.3 then turn phone off and jump to step 6. If on 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 rom then follow steps 4,5,6.

4)Turn off phone(DO NOT REBOOT or else you'll be stuck at sony logo after reboot) after step three is finished. Do not turn on the phone.

5)Flash C5502_10.4.B.0.569_StrippedGeneric_IN.ftf file using FlashTool.

6)Turn on the phone and Enjoy the NEXPERIA variant for our Xperia ZR phone.

Download Link:

GROGG_NEXPERIA_ZR.zip (Flash in CWM Recovery)
    C5502_10.4.B.0.569_StrippedGeneric_IN.ftf (Flash using Flashtool)
    Sony Media Apps (Install as normal apk)

TIPS/WARNING:

1. Gravity Box seems to cause issues with reboots through advanced power menus or from recovery. This is not a ROM issue, but related to Gravity Box.

If you ever find yourself into reboot issues, then pull out battery and press volume down and power on button together. You'll boot into home screen.

Credits:

# GROGG88 For the amazing rom.
      #Ronald Beti
      #Sijav
      #Anthony Thangaraj
      And all other developers on xda.

Enjoy Your Stock 4.3 NEXPERIA Rom... :)

Have Fun.
      Regards,
      Ralf Waldo Emerson. :)

XDA:DevDB Information
      [Stock Rom][LB/UB] NEXPERIA ZR 4.3 10.4.B.0.569 Google Xperience (Port), a ROM for the Sony Xperia ZR

Contributors
      ralf_waldo, GROGG88
      ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: [Stock Rom][LB/UB] [Rooted] [Recovery Installed]
      Based On: Xperia Z Stock Based Rom

Version Information
      Current Stable Version: 1
      Stable Release Date: 2014-02-13

Created 2014-02-13
      Last Updated 2014-02-14
    Can we get a pack for the c5503 with 4G bands? Keen to try this out. I'm not a fan of 98% of the Sony bloat.

This is a port from the xperia z with the following metadata package

ro.build.product=C6603
    ro.build.description=C6603-user 4.3 LAGAN-1.2-RELEASE-131202-1528 6 test-keys

ro.product.brand=Sony
    ro.product.name=C6603_1270-6697
    ro.product.device=C6603
    ro.build.version.incremental=xr3_rQ
    ro.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=Sony/C6603_1270-6697/C6603:4.3/10.4.B.0.569/xr3_rQ:user/release-keys

##### Values from product package metadata #####
    ro.semc.product.model=C6603
    ro.semc.ms_type_id=PM-0270-BV
    ro.semc.version.fs=GLOBAL-LTE
    ro.semc.product.name=Xperia Z
    ro.semc.product.device=C66
    ro.product.model=C6603

The only changes I've done in build.prop is the phone model number i.e 65xx and other minor changes which will help the phone to recognize as C5502.

I'm not sure if 4G works or not as I don't have a C5503 device. But technically, Yes, you can use 4G on this port but you might need to edit the build.prop for the phone to get recognized as C6503. Backup your current build.prop and make the necessary changes in the build.prop after flashing the zip file.

Regards,
    -Ralf Emerson
    If the ROM is using XZDualRecovery and if it is using the XZDR.prop file to boot to recovery, it will help to remove it to have it recreated at the next boot.

Installing the latest version will also update the key nodes as of 2.7.115 and up.
    excuse me, in what post is the way to install the recovery that you recommend?
    thanks

Please flash the updated rom zip file which has pre-installed recovery for ZR. Enjoy.
    have to say that is a beautiful rom, very smooth and fast but has one problem .. The battery drains to fast .. and with wakelock detector i saw that Google services is the problem .. (NlpcollectorWakelock and NlpWakelock) any sugestions?

There are many threads on XDA regarding the same. Please visit them for possible solution. :)

Correct. This is an issue with Nexus 5. It has to do with Google's data and location collection. There are workarounds:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2551846