[GUIDE] [How-to] CM11 Official Nightly on PRIME

Search This thread

l33tlinuxh4x0r

Nov 1, 2007
This is a simple tutorial on how to flash CM11 kitkat on a transformer prime. Like everyone else says no warranty.

The prime is almost identical to the TF300T. So we flash a TF300T version of CM11. The only side effects are that your device is recognized as a TF300T instead of a TF201.

First follow the guide on installing nvflash and making your device brickproof found here. https://www.androidroot.mobi/pages/guides/tegra3-guide-nvflash-jellybean/
Remember to use the one for your device the TF201, I haven't tested using another devices bootloader on our device but it will probably brick your device so don't do it.

After you complete the guide above it is time to upgrade to the Hairybean bootloader. The thread is http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2407248 You need the following file http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490002899
You will flash that via recovery

Once you are done with that get the TWRP recovery from http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407579270 the thread is http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2691886
Flash that via recovery as well.

Now it is time to get CM11. You can get it directly from the cyanogenmod website. http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=tf300t
I downloaded 3-25-2014 but I would go with the newest build at the time of flashing. Again flash that via recovery. Also flash gapps, you can get it from here http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Then just reboot. It may take a while for the first boot but everything is working. I have had trouble with GPS but I'm not sure if that is the rom or not.

Hope that this helps. Press thanks if it does.

vaszago

Mar 23, 2014
I have installed the CM11 for the TF201 and runs quite well.

Can I TF300T rom.zip flash with CWM. Do I have something to consider.
If it does not work the TF300T Rom. I can flash the backup from TF201 again

Is that correct?

Last edited:

l33tlinuxh4x0r

Nov 1, 2007
I have installed the CM11 for the TF201 and runs quite well.

Can I TF300T rom.zip flash with CWM. Do I have something to consider.
If it does not work the TF300T Rom. I can flash the backup from TF201 again

Is that correct?

You should be able to flash back to TF201 although you may have to change your recovery back to a TF201 recovery first and depending on the rom may need to downgrade your bootloader from hairybean to stock. pretty much the reverse of what you did to get the TF300T roms.

As far as using CWM it should work if it supports 4.4.2 roms. Some roms want the hairybean bootloader some want stock. Also some update.zip check device name in recovery and others don't. If it fails with wrong device error or ro.device not correct or something along those lines you will need to change to a TF300T recovery but that is easy and reversable.

I hope that this helps.

vaszago

Mar 23, 2014
I have the JB-Bootloader. I think that work with cm11 TF300.
Is the led working?

The TF300 has no led.

goosebickel

Nov 11, 2010
Cardiff
overclock

Thankyou very much for posting this, having cm11 on the prime is great.
This way of getting cm11 isnt as laggy as Namidairo version, hats off to him too for keeping the prime alive.
My question is, when i go into the performance option in settings, i put the processor in performance mode, it should be cappable of 1.4ghz , but is maxing out at 1.2ghz.
Is there a way of overclocking, i dont want to go to crazy and goto fast, just get what i know is possible, 1.4 - 1.5 maybe.
Can I flash tf300t kernel, or is that not possible?
Thanks again, Happy flashing

roywebs

Mar 10, 2012
This way of getting cm11 isnt as laggy as Namidairo version, hats off to him too for keeping the prime alive.
My question is, when i go into the performance option in settings, i put the processor in performance mode, it should be cappable of 1.4ghz , but is maxing out at 1.2ghz.
Is there a way of overclocking, i dont want to go to crazy and goto fast, just get what i know is possible, 1.4 - 1.5 maybe.

About overclocking... i dont wanna this too, use an app that controls frequencies, im using no-frills cpu control, and my max clock is set to 1.4 and the statistics show that only 14% of the time is used that speed, so its nice, but remember if all the cores are in use in our primes (i cant remember 3 or 4 of them) the max speed is 1.3 mhz, one core at max is 1.4mhz, (please correct me, if im wrong).

About Namidairo's rom, yes, hats off to him!!!

l33tlinuxh4x0r

Nov 1, 2007

About overclocking... i dont wanna this too, use an app that controls frequencies, im using no-frills cpu control, and my max clock is set to 1.4 and the statistics show that only 14% of the time is used that speed, so its nice, but remember if all the cores are in use in our primes (i cant remember 3 or 4 of them) the max speed is 1.3 mhz, one core at max is 1.4mhz, (please correct me, if im wrong).

About Namidairo's rom, yes, hats off to him!!!

You can overclock. The clock speeds are controlled by the performance mode. Set it to performance instead of balanced or battery saver and it will go to higher clocks. Also, you can flash the Grimlock kernel for speeds up to 1.8Ghz! thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2603015 download link here http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=3448#downloads be sure to use the one for TF201.

Enjoy, glad that I could help.

bfilipowski

Jun 10, 2012
East Lyme
WiFi after update

I've been running my tf201 on the 07/09 M8 release for a few weeks, today I received the Message update, after install I don't have WiFi. Just rates starting WiFi. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this issue? Thank you for all of the help these forums have given and will continue to give.

Flip

fluppier

Aug 22, 2014
No WiFi on Crombi-kk RC2 (10/8/2014)

Hello everybody,
first let me thank each and everybody for this *great* forum and especially all the developers and testers
who try and retry to make good ROMs for so many different devices...

I'm a happy owner of an ASUS tf201 64GB and a frequent 'visitor' of XDA Developers' forum since more than 1 year now...

I'm playing a lot with custom ROMs since I'm trying to find the best balance as for smoothness/speed, battery charge
and global pleasant user experience (as an organizer and occasionally to play games).

I was looking for Cyanogenmod portings to the Transformer Prime and was following CM10 (Cromi-X) and CM11 (Crombi-kk)
developments. The latter is really great but the latest release (RC2) of August 10th does not work as expected. Since I'm
not allowed to post in the developer's forum, I'd really like to be quoted and or referred to from more experienced
users here in order to let CROMBi-KK developers aware... before RC2 becomes a *release*.

Ah, by the way, I followed thoroughly all the how-tos, the warnings and caveats of quick flashes and the possibility
to have the tablet eventually *bricked* :crying: but up to know, changing the bootloader (up and dpwngrading) flashing
the recovery and, finally the ROMs (nvflash, fastboot, adb, etc.) are now quite usual to me.

Here we are as for previous version (cm-11.0-20140617-crombi-kk-tf300t)
- the kernel installed is _that OC kernel 10;
- performed the correct bootloader and recovery (Hairbean first than modded TWRP later) adjustments;
- the camera des *not* work (nor does the flash, as for the flashlight utility for example that is unusable);
- no info on GPS even if we all know that tf201 has its own problems with GPS, but with the latest stock rom and
the ASUS Transformer Prime GPS Extension kit (GPS signal booster) everything used to work... What about GPS? Should
it work?

And, more appropriately, here we are with the last release (cm-11.0-20140811-crombi-kk-RC2-tf300t_signed)
- I tried all the kernels (_that 10, Geass and Grimlock) but with none of them I succeeded in switching WiFi on;
- the camera (and flashlight) does *not* work;
- no news on GPS either, is it working, should it be working?
- of course I wiped Dalvik/cache/System between full ROM flashes (in order to change the kernel in use). My purpose was to
check if any module (kernel related) was failing in recognising the WiFi hardware of the tablet...

By the way, is it possible to try the different kernels by flashing kernels without need of flashing entire ROM (and thus the
need of updating all the apps, both from backups and/or Google acoount, if applicable)?

Thanks again very very much for your kind help and attention, ready to give you any feedback on usage and make
additional tests and support this great community here!

Best regards.

Last edited:

sudd1976

Jan 16, 2013
Coventry
Great Tutorial !!

Dude,
Thanks for putting this together, I recently got my hands on the Transformer and was really confused how to sort it out and flash Kitkat.

Your tutorial really help me, I now have CM11 booting on my Tab and it looks awesome.

Thanks once again.

Howell

Jul 19, 2004
Sony Xperia Z
Nexus 7 (2013)
I flash every single CM11 Nightly without any problem... But Milestone versions have many problems !

M8 and M9 have broken wifi and yesterday's M10 got a kind of bootloop (FC during first boot then back to start animation endlessly).

I am currently flashing back 140815 nightly build (present in my Prime's cmupdater folder). Will report soon.

EDIT : back to the previous nightly fixed it.

So if you flash a incorrect build, boot in recovery, and flash latest working build that CM Updater put in /cmupdater folder ;)

Last edited:

alesi80

Feb 21, 2009
just to be sure to make no damages...

on tf201, coming from namidario's cm11 rom (teamwinrecovery and wrong bootloaded), I should just:
a) flash from my recovery (voyager 2k twrp 2.7.0.0) the the Hairybean bootloader
b) flash the 2.7.0.1 recovery here mentioned
c) flash the official tf300 cm11 and gaaps.
nothing else?

ps: same bootloader even for crombi-kk?

thanks in advance

bfilipowski

Jun 10, 2012
East Lyme
just to be sure to make no damages...

on tf201, coming from namidario's cm11 rom (teamwinrecovery and wrong bootloaded), I should just:
a) flash from my recovery (voyager 2k twrp 2.7.0.0) the the Hairybean bootloader
b) flash the 2.7.0.1 recovery here mentioned
c) flash the official tf300 cm11 and gaaps.
nothing else?

ps: same bootloader even for crombi-kk?

thanks in advance

This seems to be the same process I followed. Only flash the nightlies, snapshot builds break wifi

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

Binarydata

Jun 5, 2013
Not sure my issue

So, I followed the steps to flash my tf201 to tf300t, got it to boot CM11, etc but it seems to have a problem... different kernels just won't boot, and I haven't been able to get any other roms to boot. I was having tons of FCs even after fixing permissions, so I decided to just downgrade to CM10.2. Still having tons of FCs, can't run play store, etc... I really only use my tablet for gaming and music, but now my games just FC... getting frustrated, any external ideas on what may be the issue?

Top Liked Posts